Ok, spent 3 hours setting up and playing with it yesterday. So far I'm having mixed feels and the jury is out on whether or not this was worth 2x the 6p. I'll give it a few more days before I start really grousing, but coming from a Nexus 5 and 6p (and Nova user) I am scratching my head over some Samsung oddities. HELP! Here goes...

1) Triple tap to shrink the screen for one-hand operation. Is there a way to turn this feature on? When I try triple-tapping it goes into the camera app, which is activated at double-tap. Have tried pressing the home button at different speeds and it always goes to the camera.

2)Is there a way to add another of any of the built-in edge panels? I want to add a second "people edge" panel because I have more people I would like quick access to call or text. When I go into the edge panels settings the only option I see to add panels is "download" which takes you to the edge panel store. I don't see any of these stock edge panels in that store, and when I search for "people edge" in the store it brings up a bunch of goofy third party edge apps. I downloaded the "people edge" by yunzhong zheng, it installed a completely different edge panel program (with a little heart hovering on the side of the screen as the pull-out tab) which I promptly deleted.

3) T-mobile (and I'm sure all the carriers) removed the wifi hot spot feature built into stock Marshmallow. Arrgh! I didn't even think about this. I used the hotspot to provide data access to my android tablet for web surfing while waiting for kids to finish sports or music activities. I will not pay t-mobile another monthly fee to be able to use the T-mo hot spot service. It seems like PdaNet+ or FoxFi are the only 2 tethering apps that *might* work in the play store. Any other suggestions? Non-root please.

4) I downloaded the material theme from the Samsung theme store (man they have a bunch of ugly themes). Which changed the lock screen wallpaper to match the material wallpaper on the home screens. I turned Muezi back on to get my wallpapers changed, but it still shows the material theme lock screen wallpaper when I turn the power back on for the phone, and before I unlock it. Any way to just change the lock screen wallpaper?

5) App drawer does not default to sort A-Z. Arrrgh. I sort it A-Z and have to hit the "save" button, but it always goes back to most-used, or whatever Samsung has decided is the way I should see the apps. Any way to change this? It will be less of an issue soon because I don't go to the app drawer on a regular basis under normal operation, but it has been a PIA during the setup process.

These are my most immediate burning questions, any help would be appreciated!!!!
    08-19-2016 05:28 AM
    For number one turn on one-handed operation in settings under Advanced Features.
    Delirious D and CincyGuy like this.
    08-19-2016 05:44 AM
    Ok, spent 3 hours setting up and playing with it yesterday. So far I'm having mixed feels and the jury is out on whether or not this was worth 2x the 6p. I'll give it a few more days before I start really grousing, but coming from a Nexus 5 and 6p (and Nova user) I am scratching my head over some Samsung oddities. HELP! Here goes...

1) Triple tap to shrink the screen for one-hand operation. Is there a way to turn this feature on? When I try triple-tapping it goes into the camera app, which is activated at double-tap. Have tried pressing the home button at different speeds and it always goes to the camera.
    To make screen smaller it would be under settings >> advanced settings >> one hand operations.
    CincyGuy and anon(9227267) like this.
    08-19-2016 06:29 AM

4) I downloaded the material theme from the Samsung theme store (man they have a bunch of ugly themes). Which changed the lock screen wallpaper to match the material wallpaper on the home screens. I turned Muezi back on to get my wallpapers changed, but it still shows the material theme lock screen wallpaper when I turn the power back on for the phone, and before I unlock it. Any way to just change the lock screen wallpaper?

These are my most immediate burning questions, any help would be appreciated!!!!
    Try tap and holding down on home screen like if you want to add widgets. Click wallpaper and top left should be a drop down
    CincyGuy likes this.
    08-19-2016 06:33 AM
    Try tap and holding down on home screen like if you want to add widgets. Click wallpaper and top left should be a drop
    Thank you for both answers, they both worked.
    Delirious D likes this.
    08-19-2016 06:39 AM
    Thank you for both answers, they both worked.
    You're welcome. Cant wait for my note 7 to arrive later...

Those shots were on note 5 glad it worked.
    08-19-2016 06:40 AM
    For #3 Hotspot issue, isn't this it?
    CincyGuy likes this.
    08-19-2016 07:00 AM
    Hot spot thing seems to have worked!! Thank you!
    08-19-2016 07:43 AM
    When I long hold a screen to bring up the wallpapers and themes option, then press that, I am taken directly to "Samsung themes," which does not seem to permit assigning one background to the lock screen, and a different background to the home screen. Note 7, Verizon. Any solutions? Thanks!
    08-19-2016 09:58 AM
    When I long hold a screen to bring up the wallpapers and themes option, then press that, I am taken directly to "Samsung themes," which does not seem to permit assigning one background to the lock screen, and a different background to the home screen. Note 7, Verizon. Any solutions? Thanks!
    You have to touch a wallpaper, and the menu will pop up from the bottom. Screen shot below.
    08-19-2016 10:52 AM