10-09-2016 01:25 PM
358 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    "Hold still before this phone is fully engulfed"

Carlo Villa and gogoplata1980 like this.
    09-03-2016 09:57 AM
    This is a shot I took because it was right in front of me and I do macro work with a Nikon. Wanted to compare. Shot was taken in full shade. No flash fired. Other subjects tested coming later.

#1 As it came from the camera with only a crop to eliminate as much back-lighting as possible.

(Original from camera, untouched, for reference)
    gogoplata1980 likes this.
    09-04-2016 11:32 AM
    #2 100% Crop same image.

#3 100% Crop same image with minor adjustments.

Carlo Villa and gogoplata1980 like this.
    09-04-2016 11:35 AM
    09-04-2016 11:39 AM
    Three shots - zoom settings tests
    All direct from N7 & and no post-processing, taken just before sunset.

#1 No zoom

#2 50% zoom

#3 Full zoom
    09-04-2016 12:38 PM
    I have been seriously impressed with the pictures I have seen from this phone and I'm not a huge picture person.
    09-04-2016 12:39 PM
    I have been seriously impressed with the pictures I have seen from this phone and I'm not a huge picture person.
    Since I do macro work, photography is one of the most important things in a device. I'm not a phone person - hate phones - but they are a necessary evil. I'm satisfied with the camera. My shots were all taken in extremely low light - which is something else I wanted to test. Impressed with the zooms, saturation, etc. I do use custom apps, but these were right from the Sammy camera in jpg. Didn't find a setting to change that. I prefer raw or pngs, but happy with the results. Testing everything before giving it back for the new one.
    09-04-2016 12:45 PM
    Any idea why my first set of shots don't show up on the AC app? All I see is a broken link box. They show here fine. If it's not a violation, I'll upload a set from my N7.
    09-04-2016 12:47 PM
    Since I do macro work, photography is one of the most important things in a device. I'm not a phone person - hate phones - but they are a necessary evil these days. I'm satisfied with the camera. My shots were all taken in extremely low light - which is something else I wanted to test. Impressed with the zooms, saturation, etc. I do use custom apps, but these were right from the Sammy camera in jpg. Didn't find a setting to change that. I prefer raw or pngs, but happy with the results. Testing everything before giving it back for the new one.
    Well especially for a phone with a camera and not am actual camera.. It takes some very good pictures it seems.

Truly many of the pictures I've seen could be among others and I wouldn't say "oh I see which one is a cellphone picture".

iPhone always had better pictures than other phones, but these are seriously all good.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-04-2016 12:48 PM
    iPhone always had better pictures than other phones, but these are seriously all good.
    Almost went to the iPhone that's coming out just because of the camera.
    09-04-2016 12:51 PM
    Almost went to the iPhone that's coming out just because of the camera.
    I have a friend in Australia that went with the iPhone last year because of the camera. Now her black abs whites are really good. You should do some B&W too, I would be interested in seeing how good those are.

My niece does photography, has a camera but has been hammered with iPhone since she was young. If I could get her to use it, I would get her a Note 7 for Christmas. I think she would enjoy the camera.
    09-04-2016 12:57 PM
    Same zooms - none, 50%, 100%, no retouching.

09-04-2016 12:58 PM
    It really picks up a lot of detail in pictures.
    09-04-2016 01:02 PM
    You should do some B&W too, I would be interested in seeing how good those are.

My niece does photography, has a camera but has been hammered with iPhone since she was young. If I could get her to use it, I would get her a Note 7 for Christmas. I think she would enjoy the camera.
    Sounds good. I'll do that next. Good day for it.

Tell your niece, from someone who uses a high-dollar Nikon and macro lenses, that I'm satisfied for cell phone shots. Posted the unretouched 100% crop of that first set to my FB profile and a photo friend was very impressed.

Did you see my question to you about my first set of pics and the Android Central app? Here it is... still wondering about this.

"Any idea why my first set of shots don't show up on the AC app? All I see is a broken link box. They show here fine. If it's not a violation, I'll upload a set from my N7."

Thanks for your help.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-04-2016 01:08 PM
    It really picks up a lot of detail in pictures.
    The zoom still tends to do odd things if you have the sun to your back, but the first shot is still pretty good.
    09-04-2016 01:10 PM
    The zoom still tends to do odd things if you have the sun to your back, but the first shot is still pretty good.
    Yeah I can see the difference with the zoom.

No I missed that question.

If there had been a problem it would have been deleted and an mod would have sent you a message.

I've seen uploads break links like that before.
    09-04-2016 01:27 PM
    Yeah I can see the difference with the zoom.

No I missed that question.

If there had been a problem it would have been deleted and an mod would have sent you a message.

I've seen uploads break links like that before.
    There are a lot of broken links on AC app - screenshots, pictures, etc. - that show up fine here. I'm going to repost the first batch so the app users can see them. Thanks.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-04-2016 01:43 PM
    There are a lot of broken links on AC app - screenshots, pictures, etc. - that show up fine here. I'm going to repost the first batch so the app users can see them. Thanks.
    Yeah I've noticed a lot of broken links. I use the app 99% of the time.
    09-04-2016 01:51 PM
    Yeah I've noticed a lot of broken links. I use the app 99% of the time.
    It was a pita, but I uploaded the modified photos to dropbox, downloaded to my N7 then uploaded to the app. Afterward I deleted the original "links" as the forum here calls them. so that there wouldn't be four photos for each post. Wonder why it breaks the links when you upload from here and view on AC app? Weird.
    09-04-2016 02:26 PM
    It was a pita, but I uploaded the modified photos to dropbox, downloaded to my N7 then uploaded to the app. Afterward I deleted the original "links" as the forum here calls them. so that there wouldn't be four photos for each post. Wonder why it breaks the links when you upload from here and view on AC app? Weird.
    I'm not sure, but I've noticed a lot if them since the forums app was updated to the recovery style.
    09-04-2016 02:41 PM
    I'm in love with this camera. Shoot in pro mode and it produces breathtaking photos for being a phone camera.

Note 7 - Show off your photo(s) here!-20160904_090630.jpgNote 7 - Show off your photo(s) here!-20160904_084959.jpgNote 7 - Show off your photo(s) here!-20160904_113058.jpgNote 7 - Show off your photo(s) here!-lrm_export_20160903_193003.jpg
    09-04-2016 06:38 PM
    You live in a gorgeous area. It's overcast today so no mountain to photograph. Very disappointed. This was taken with my N3 and I wanted to compare the cameras. The settings of the camera over-sharpened it imo, but came out well otherwise. I live in paradise. This shot was taken close to my house and I drive by it all the time.

Note 7 - Show off your photo(s) here!-2014-07-06-13.16.08-3.jpg
    09-04-2016 08:00 PM
    ^^^ toenail (funny name Btw ☺)

Lovely photo
    09-05-2016 11:41 AM
    09-05-2016 11:43 AM
    ^^^ toenail (funny name Btw ☺)

Lovely photo
    Thanks. I hate choosing user names and but prefer anonymity. When I joined way back I decided to go for funny. I am not, btw, a toenail flicker.
    09-05-2016 11:49 AM
358 ... 89101112 ...