Note 7 - Show off your photo(s) here!

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Photos taken with your note seven

How is camera compared to the Note 5?
Thanks

I have both. Have had the Note 5 since January and got the Note 7 on 8/26. I loved my note 5 cam and still use it but to me the 7 is clearer (maybe the display and not actual pic?)And does a stellar, no pun intended, job at night shots so far. I use the pro mode. So far, I really do think it's better. And it's crazy how much smaller the phone feels in your hand.

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Photos taken with your note seven

7 also takes better night pictures eg carnival rides,city lights,christmas lights etc.
Screenshot from my Instagram of my first night shot.
bb65dad43c4db7323f1bd773b8bcbe2c.jpg

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
This is a shot I took because it was right in front of me and I do macro work with a Nikon. Wanted to compare. Shot was taken in full shade. No flash fired. Other subjects tested coming later.

#1 As it came from the camera with only a crop to eliminate as much back-lighting as possible.

50635a35c6b469a0ea271dffe78ebcec.jpg

(Original from camera, untouched, for reference)
dc10988d1a0bf09d194e815861de775b.jpg

Last edited:

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Three shots - zoom settings tests
All direct from N7 & and no post-processing, taken just before sunset.

#1 No zoom
896a4517910f86f215ff66b8a45da845.jpg

#2 50% zoom
4c01fdc147eca1d8e7212a7b1440b9c8.jpg

#3 Full zoom
9bfd932660c7a03e7e7230aec0e1c17c.jpg

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been seriously impressed with the pictures I have seen from this phone and I'm not a huge picture person.
Since I do macro work, photography is one of the most important things in a device. I'm not a phone person - hate phones - but they are a necessary evil. I'm satisfied with the camera. My shots were all taken in extremely low light - which is something else I wanted to test. Impressed with the zooms, saturation, etc. I do use custom apps, but these were right from the Sammy camera in jpg. Didn't find a setting to change that. I prefer raw or pngs, but happy with the results. Testing everything before giving it back for the new one.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been seriously impressed with the pictures I have seen from this phone and I'm not a huge picture person.
Any idea why my first set of shots don't show up on the AC app? All I see is a broken link box. They show here fine. If it's not a violation, I'll upload a set from my N7.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Since I do macro work, photography is one of the most important things in a device. I'm not a phone person - hate phones - but they are a necessary evil these days. I'm satisfied with the camera. My shots were all taken in extremely low light - which is something else I wanted to test. Impressed with the zooms, saturation, etc. I do use custom apps, but these were right from the Sammy camera in jpg. Didn't find a setting to change that. I prefer raw or pngs, but happy with the results. Testing everything before giving it back for the new one.
Well especially for a phone with a camera and not am actual camera.. It takes some very good pictures it seems.

Truly many of the pictures I've seen could be among others and I wouldn't say "oh I see which one is a cellphone picture".

iPhone always had better pictures than other phones, but these are seriously all good.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Almost went to the iPhone that's coming out just because of the camera.
I have a friend in Australia that went with the iPhone last year because of the camera. Now her black abs whites are really good. You should do some B&W too, I would be interested in seeing how good those are.

My niece does photography, has a camera but has been hammered with iPhone since she was young. If I could get her to use it, I would get her a Note 7 for Christmas. I think she would enjoy the camera.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
You should do some B&W too, I would be interested in seeing how good those are.

My niece does photography, has a camera but has been hammered with iPhone since she was young. If I could get her to use it, I would get her a Note 7 for Christmas. I think she would enjoy the camera.
Sounds good. I'll do that next. Good day for it.

Tell your niece, from someone who uses a high-dollar Nikon and macro lenses, that I'm satisfied for cell phone shots. Posted the unretouched 100% crop of that first set to my FB profile and a photo friend was very impressed.

Did you see my question to you about my first set of pics and the Android Central app? Here it is... still wondering about this.

"Any idea why my first set of shots don't show up on the AC app? All I see is a broken link box. They show here fine. If it's not a violation, I'll upload a set from my N7."

Thanks for your help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power