Local ATT only silver

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I got mine, they had to activate the SIM, which I found strange, but they let me pop it in my S7 Edge. Their systems are running extremely slow today. I have 30 days to return because I am a business account. If I find one cheaper second hand, I might end up returning this one in the 30 days. I paid full retail. I got the last black one, they only had 2.

ooda

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
The Best Buy in my area just got the shipment of Black (and assuming Blue) AT&T pre-orders. I'm now able to pick it up.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
As of 9am, my local AT&T store only has Silver.

Same here - South of Boston - had a 10:00 AM appointment with 6 people lined up behind me. The store had 3 silver phone and that was it - I had originally wanted silver back in the beginning because my Note 5 was white and I liked it, but once I saw the black I changed my mind - until this morning. When she said we have three silver, I blinked my eyes once and said O.K.! It's all set up, apps are all swapped over from the Note 5, email is set up - only glitch I had was my Contacts are hosed - I have a ton of phone numbers with unknown data that I'm going to have to comb through manually to get straight - Smart Switch wasn't so Smart on that one function for some reason! Anyone else run into this yet?

JimmyMcGiggin

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I did pre-order in-store from Best Buy. Called them this morning and they got zero phones! So, don't feel bad about not pre-ordering. It may have been fruitless anyway.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
seems stock is trickling in this afternoon. I found a local store that had a few come in this morning and as I was getting mine activated another delivery came in with more devices.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Got the call from my guy. They got in 2 black and 3 blue. There was a guy going crazy because he preordered and had been put on back order. Meanwhile, I walked in and got my black Note 7.

The whole system is crazy slow. Took me over an hour.

Stock in black is coming guys. If my small south La town got a shipment, yours will too. Hang tight...

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20160819_140710.jpg
    20160819_140710.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 24

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Got the call from my guy. They got in 2 black and 3 blue. There was a guy going crazy because he preordered and had been put on back order. Meanwhile, I walked in and got my black Note 7.

Congratulations !! It's gorgeous !!

My guy called me too when the Notes arrived this morning !! Isn't it nice to have friends ??

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

The whole system is crazy slow. Took me over an hour.

Stock in black is coming guys. If my small south La town got a shipment, yours will too. Hang tight...

Seems the systems nationwide are slow for them today. Makes no sense. Store traffic was light. Nothing like an iPhone launch or even the launch of the S7.

Garneth

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Most of the ones near me only had Silver this morning, but I keep refreshing the "in store pickup" for black and see tons of stores further from me with it in stock now (I'm in Palo Alto, CA currently). I need the one literally two blocks from my office to stock it though! :mad:

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations !! It's gorgeous !!

My guy called me too when the Notes arrived this morning !! Isn't it nice to have friends ??

I keep telling my hubs you gotta be nice to people. Play with em, love on em...I don't know this guy but he was nice and we hit it off. Next thing ya know, my phone rings and I got a N7. He said he's never leaving ATT and looks forward to seeing me next year. Gave me his work cell #, I tipped him lunch, and we're done till the N8.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Most of the ones near me only had Silver this morning, but I keep refreshing the "in store pickup" for black and see tons of stores further from me with it in stock now (I'm in Palo Alto, CA currently). I need the one literally two blocks from my office to stock it though! :mad:

I had a in store pick up that had a Black one available... but because of system issues... the order wasn't able to successfully go through.

I went there when it open and it had silver models... came back in the afternoon to see about my store pick up and still AT&T had silver models.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I had a in store pick up that had a Black one available... but because of system issues... the order wasn't able to successfully go through.

I went there when it open and it had silver models... came back in the afternoon to see about my store pick up and still AT&T had silver models.

What area of DFW are you in? There are a few stores showing availability

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
What area of DFW are you in? There are a few stores showing availability

Right between Fort Worth/Arlington off 30.

I had already been to the AT&T Store on Collins twice... I'm off now for the weekend, so I missed my opportunity. I had called that store in Dallas you showed me... I tried giving hints on seeing if they could hold it, but kept saying they only had low stock.

So, kept checking inventory online in hopes I can do a store pick up... and when I was able to find some stock on Collins to do a pick up.. I even had the email, but unfortunately that doesn't guarantee anything especially when there has been system issues.

Garneth

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
It's very strange, many locations are showing available for Black in-store pickup, then delisting then re-listing. Wonder what's going on. (Oh, and my preferred store off the El Camino in Palo Alto still doesn't have it in :3)

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Were you able to score you a black model?
Yup picked one up around 1:00. I found it at the AT&T store on Buckner in Dallas. I got the last one they had and as mine was being (slowly) activated they had some more arrive. Hope you are able to find one this weekend.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Great, I just got home and pulled out the Note 7 to set it up and inspect it and noticed the glass back has 2 small horizontal scratches about 4mm long about 2mm apart on the top left back. I am OCD about my devices, and do everything to keep them Mint because I tend to resell them when the next best thing comes out. The store I got mine at of course doesn't have any more. I guess I am going to try another store around me tomorrow, but I have a bad feeling they are going to give me a hard time to exchange. I might be better off just buying another outright and returning the scratched one in a few days / week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy