08-22-2016 08:35 AM
117 ... 2345
tools
    Using the Apple example isn't a very good one though. If you preorder an iPhone and you get a delivery/pick up date, you will get it on that date. If the OP pre-ordered and was told it would be available it should've been. I don't really know who's fault that is, but I'd be saying similar in his shoes. Not necessarily that the entire launch was a fail, but his disappointment is valid.
    And while I agree with you on getting it when it was quoted... iPhones are not perfect either. Nothing is when it comes to shipping. I have had friends that pre-ordered iPhones that did not get them on the correct date due to various reasons (weather, truck issues, etc.). You may not have run into them but it does happen to all. No one is immune .
    Laura Knotek and queenren like this.
    08-19-2016 04:28 PM
    And while I agree with you on getting it when it was quoted... iPhones are not perfect either. Nothing is when it comes to shipping. I have had friends that pre-ordered iPhones that did not get them on the correct date due to various reasons (weather, truck issues, etc.). You may not have run into them but it does happen to all. No one is immune .
    Unforeseen circumstances like that are perfectly forgivable and understandable. His case seems more poor planning on his carrier or Best Buy's part though. You're right though, issues do arise that are unavoidable.
    Almeuit likes this.
    08-19-2016 04:38 PM
    I can't speak for all areas, but here in the Dallas area it appears the only one that was lacking in stock was AT&T. For whatever reason most stores in the area only had the silver units in stock early in the day. Throughout the day most stores have received deliveries of the other colors. Maybe if they would sell the devices in the Samsung box and not have to package them in their own branded box they could get them out of the warehouse and into the stores on time (purely speculation on my part of course).
    It's hard to think it was Samsung who underestimated the demand when it seems like several retail stores received zero phones for certain carriers (looking at you Best Buy and AT&T). That seems like a logistics probably between carrier and retail stores. Those that ordered directly from Samsung or their carrier seem to be getting their phone today in the color they ordered.
    08-19-2016 05:09 PM
    " the popularity of the phone took them by surprise". If I remember correctly the same thing was said about the Note 4 Edge, and the Note 5, ans the s7 edge. . . . At what point do you stop being surprised and go "hey maybe we should make enough for everyone"

Posted via the Android Central App
    I think it's a marketing plan. Apple does the same thing. If you have a limited release or not enough stock it gets a buzz going about how popular a device is and how hard it is to find one. I've never had a problem getting a Samsung but I always thought apple did that to get more press.

bhatech and stronggeek like this.
    08-19-2016 05:19 PM
    TOTAL FAIL! What kind of "launch" has no product in the stores, even for those of us who pre-ordered?

Pre-ordered at Best Buy in-store, so I could choose the 256GB memory card. After not receiving an email indicating my Note 7 was ready, I called the store this morning and found out they RECEIVED NO NOTES. Was told best case scenario was waiting until the end of next week. They wouldn't let me cancel on the phone, so I had to drive there just to cancel my order.

Went to my local AT&T Store (I'm in DC), and they RECEIVED NO NOTES either. Was told only one store in the area got any, and they only had 5.

This is a disgraceful product launch by any measure. I was excited to try out the Note 7 and switch from my iPhone, but I'm no longer making the switch. I hope everyone else had a better experience than me and are enjoying their new Note 7!
    Best buy always gets less priority with devices. I mean many didn't get any 6+ at launch. Preordering from them is risky. Most carrier stores have notes in store, not sure why you area didn't get any.
    08-19-2016 06:31 PM
    But if you preorder somewhere and you're Not going to get the phone launch day how about an email saying sorry. Just leave you hanging. Technology and communications have come to far that this isn't easily done. I preordered two places, wait-listed at sams ( thats cool) but Target - you suck.
    08-19-2016 06:38 PM
    I pre-ordered from Best Buy for an AT&T black N7. I called after not getting an email and they said that it was there. So I drove 20 minutes on my lunch break for them to tell me that they got no Black AT&T versions in stock. I ordered from them specifically to get the SD card so I don't have to wait to go through Samsung. I'll be fine with waiting as long as I still get my SD card. But I'll be out of town tomorrow, so hopefully they wait a couple of days anyway.
    08-19-2016 08:52 PM
    Not to mention the fact that some parts of the country are experiencing natural disasters like flooding and wildfires. That's going to impact shipping.
    Jona005, Almeuit and queenren like this.
    08-19-2016 08:52 PM
    Probably around the same time that consumers stop hating on every new product on the internet and then turning around and wanting one on launch day.
    Again, if you have X number of guaranteed sales (pre-orders) then that means you need to have at LEAST X number of product to cover the pre-orders. A pre-order should take precedence over a walk in sale.

08-19-2016 10:03 PM
    I think it's a marketing plan. Apple does the same thing. If you have a limited release or not enough stock it gets a buzz going about how popular a device is and how hard it is to find one. I've never had a problem getting a Samsung but I always thought apple did that to get more press.

I kind of agree with you. It's marketing, however apple actually covers it's pre-orders and if the orders reach a certain point they flat out tell you when you order the phone will take longer to arrive. I can understand a surplus of a color that isn't in demand that were already built (hence what we are seeing with the silvers) but to send extras of an in demand color (black and blue) to some stores instead of sending them to cover the pre-orders? That's just a load of crap

jdfry15 likes this.
    08-19-2016 10:07 PM
    What is the "pre order fiasco" ? I preordered note 7 from Verizon on 8-08... Noticed it was at my local FedEx facility Thursday 8-18 and drove to FedEx and picked it up on Thursday...

Kept unlimited data plan through Verizon 299.98 2 year subsidized price and phone has been amazing so far... good luck resolving your issues chief
    08-19-2016 10:50 PM
    I would blame BestBuy .. not the launch. Plenty of people walked into T-Mobile and got them today when I was there. I was one of them. I had mine pre-ordered but had my buddy join my account and buy one on the spot.
    The carriers have final say on supply allocations and not Best Buy. If supply is tight, carriers win every time.
    queenren likes this.
    08-20-2016 12:42 AM
    Best buy always gets less priority with devices. I mean many didn't get any 6+ at launch. Preordering from them is risky. Most carrier stores have notes in store, not sure why you area didn't get any.
    Ours in Kentucky had supply, but did mention tight supply for certain colors with certain carriers. Especially ATT.
    08-20-2016 12:45 AM
    I went into a couple Tmobile stores and they had caes, the extended battery case and screen protectors. No VRs though.

08-20-2016 06:56 AM
    But if you preorder somewhere and you're Not going to get the phone launch day how about an email saying sorry. Just leave you hanging. Technology and communications have come to far that this isn't easily done. I preordered two places, wait-listed at sams ( thats cool) but Target - you suck.
    Target is a fail for sure. Tell again, what did I pre order for? I have no phone haha
    08-20-2016 07:12 AM
    I would blame BestBuy .. not the launch. Plenty of people walked into T-Mobile and got them today when I was there. I was one of them. I had mine pre-ordered but had my buddy join my account and buy one on the spot.
    My niece had the same experience with T-Mobile. She had pre-ordered her husband had not, her's came fedex Thursday, husband walked into T-Mobile Friday and picked one up ...
    queenren likes this.
    08-20-2016 07:26 AM
    *sigh*

I can tell from some replies in this thread that some people don't know how this business works.

First of all, these phones were being made by Samsung before any carrier started taking pre-orders.

Second, the carriers decide how many they would like from Samsung. So, the amount of phones for any carrier is driven by the carriers themselves, NOT samsung. The carriers place orders with the manufacturers for the amount of devices that they want.

So, if your carrier didn't order enough phones initially, BEFORE the preorder was even started, then you are out of luck.

I say all of this to say, AT&T did not order enough phones. They underestimated the demand for the Note 7 which is why Best Buy quantities were limited. BB's agreement to sell phones is with the individual carriers. Therefore, BB's stock comes from them, NOT Samsung.

The availability, or lack of, falls squarely on the carriers!
    rsmin likes this.
    08-20-2016 10:01 AM
    At work on Friday (8/19). At about 11 AM I decided to get the N7. Drove to nearest Costco at 12. Walked out with new N7 at 12:45. They had plenty.
    08-20-2016 12:19 PM
    I preordered at Bestbuy and rcvd my phone but even though they assured me they have enough memory cards they had none left. Oh well got phone they will ship the card. BTW my carrier is VZ
    08-20-2016 01:07 PM
    *sigh*

I can tell from some replies in this thread that some people don't know how this business works.

First of all, these phones were being made by Samsung before any carrier started taking pre-orders.

Second, the carriers decide how many they would like from Samsung. So, the amount of phones for any carrier is driven by the carriers themselves, NOT samsung. The carriers place orders with the manufacturers for the amount of devices that they want.

So, if your carrier didn't order enough phones initially, BEFORE the preorder was even started, then you are out of luck.

I say all of this to say, AT&T did not order enough phones. They underestimated the demand for the Note 7 which is why Best Buy quantities were limited. BB's agreement to sell phones is with the individual carriers. Therefore, BB's stock comes from them, NOT Samsung.

The availability, or lack of, falls squarely on the carriers!
    Agreed
    08-20-2016 01:09 PM
    Again, if you have X number of guaranteed sales (pre-orders) then that means you need to have at LEAST X number of product to cover the pre-orders. A pre-order should take precedence over a walk in sale.

Are there people who pre-ordered before the 17th that aren't getting their devices no later than Monday?
    08-20-2016 03:00 PM
    To be fair this has has happened numerous times with the Apple pre order and launch when it came to 3rd party orders thru best buy, target, Wal-Mart, etc... the only guaranteed phone on pre order has always been the manufacture (Apple and samsung) and the carriers. Of course over the last few years it's gotten better, but companies like best buy and target etc over preorder and have no idea what inventory they'll get sometimes... one reason i refuse to pre order 3rd party anymore... I just switched from 9 years of having Apple so ive witnessed it
    08-20-2016 05:18 PM
    I didn't preorder. Went right to the verizon store down the road and bought mine. They had a crap load of them, too.
    08-20-2016 05:32 PM
    I didn't preorder. Went right to the verizon store down the road and bought mine. They had a crap load of them, too.
    My local be had 2 extra black and several extra blue for vzw on launch day at 11am.
    08-20-2016 05:41 PM
    I called about 20 stores in the long beach area for the black note 7 and none of them had any in stock. Either they were sold out since Friday or it seems like some of them didn't get any shipment and was only offer order with free overnight shipping 🙄. Sucks. 😭
    08-20-2016 05:46 PM
117 ... 2345