08-22-2016 08:35 AM
117 ... 345
tools
    I would much rather have units on backorder and then filling in those orders since there seems to be a demand for them. Compared to mass producing units and then having them collect dust sitting on shelves. Plus it's the coral blue phones that Samsung has underestimated product for.
    MsBlingberry likes this.
    08-20-2016 06:34 PM
    In more than one way lol
    08-20-2016 06:37 PM
    I still don't understand why people preorder. I walked into a store this morning and got my phone.
    Did the same thing, but,
    I payed full pop on a pre-order on the 4th,
    Picked up my 256 sd card on the 5th
    Picked up my pre-ordered Note 7 at 10am on the 19th

I pre-ordered so that if my best buy got them in I'd get one. And I did that.
    Either way we were both fortunate as others who have tried to purchase either way weren't so lucky.
    08-20-2016 10:42 PM
    I work for T-mobile, and 80% of the phones that were allotted to us by Samsung were taken during preorders. We only received 5 on launch day.
    MsBlingberry likes this.
    08-20-2016 11:08 PM
    I work for T-mobile, and 80% of the phones that were allotted to us by Samsung were taken during preorders. We only received 5 on launch day.
    Do the store receive shipments on Sunday. I'm thinking of calling them again to see if they have any in stock since today none of the 20 stores I called didn't have any in stock. 😭
    08-20-2016 11:35 PM
    Again, Best Buy does not control allocations. The carriers do.
    08-20-2016 11:40 PM
    Do the store receive shipments on Sunday. I'm thinking of calling them again to see if they have any in stock since today none of the 20 stores I called didn't have any in stock.
    Got mine from At&t today, but in my search they said that get stock everyday except Sunday.
    Cherries01 likes this.
    08-20-2016 11:53 PM
    I preordered in store at Best Buy on the 4th about 10:30 am in the morning and went and got my phone on the 19th at 10:30am. The Best Buy guys told me that Sprint phones came in but due to the storms and floods a lot of other carrier phones were delayed. Unfortunately for me they did not have a Coral Blue phone for me to view as they had no extras only enough for pre-orders that came in.
    08-21-2016 12:05 AM
    Called an AT&T store here in the Chicago area yesterday and they had them in stock, but said that they only had a couple in black. Went there, got it, and I'm now using it. The rep told me they were really selling.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-21-2016 12:08 AM
    I've never had to deal with getting a phone at launch before, but good grief. My partner and I preordered last week or some time before that, like two or three days after they were announced. We decided to go to Best Buy because we wanted to be able to just walk out with the 256GB card (after I saw in the Samsung promotions terms that they were only going to give out 250k). Release date comes along and we don't receive our, "Hey, come get your phone!" emails. I call them and they're just like, "Welp, you'll get an email." The next day comes along (Saturday) and my partner has received an email saying that his pre-order is delayed, but should be available 8/20 (today). Not a confirmation of "Hey, we got your phone, come get it!" just another ambiguous message. I call the store twice and they finally confirm that they do have Verizon Note 7s, we're just not sure if they have HIS. Oh, and they have absolutely no AT&T ones.

We head over there and he's able to get his phone cause apparently it was there. However, my best bet is to check another store (30+ minutes away) because apparently nearly EVERY store within 50 miles of us had the AT&T Note 7s in available stock (as in walk in and buy one), and mine didn't even have one to fulfill my preoder. Then, to top things off, the employee (maybe asst manager) says that they're out of the 256GB cards in available stock, but they can order me one. We head out to go to this other store and I remember on the way that we forgot to secure that whole order the 256GB card thing. I was on the phone for (no joke) 40 MINUTES going back and forth with the employee about those stupid 256GB cards. Apparently Samsung oversold something something they didn't make enough cards we don't think we're ever getting them again the entire country is sold out of them blah blah blah. Literally the only reason we even went with preordering at Best Buy was to get the stupid card - we could have taken advantage of the Sam's Club or Target promos or something. I go back and forth with the guy (and the store manager) over and over trying to figure out what the plan would be. To their credit, they did offer me two 128GB cards (which is a nice gesture) but I was so done at that point that I was just like screw it give me the Fit2. I did manage to convince them to special order me a pink one, though, so there is that. But freakin' SIGH. I'll be using this phone til it falls apart just to avoid this racket again.

Oh, also, the AT&T Note 7 box is crap.
    08-21-2016 02:56 AM
    I am with T-Mobile and they seem to be on top of the game..
    dixogir87 and mmohn01 like this.
    08-21-2016 05:34 AM
    Decided to check yesterday if there would be any availability for me and DH to upgrade to new N7's - checked Best Buy and found an abundant supply at several locations in Central Florida. Ordered online for in-store pickup and had two shiny new black N7's within an hour. I really think it depends on where you are and how the local areas managed the inventory projections - AT&T here.
    tippmann15 likes this.
    08-21-2016 06:23 AM
    I would say Best Buy is to be blamed for this situation, not the launch itself. It was, as usual, successful & glorious.
    And many people ordering from their carriers have not faced such problem.
    08-21-2016 07:46 AM
    Went to my local Best Buy after pre-ordering online and picked up my black Verizon Note 7 without any hassle. Off contract price was $1 more than Verizon. Got my Gear Fit2 two weeks earlier through their instant redemption program. Ordered quite a few phones through Best Buy without any hassles. BYMMV.
    08-21-2016 08:46 AM
    TOTAL FAIL! What kind of "launch" has no product in the stores, even for those of us who pre-ordered?

Pre-ordered at Best Buy in-store, so I could choose the 256GB memory card. After not receiving an email indicating my Note 7 was ready, I called the store this morning and found out they RECEIVED NO NOTES. Was told best case scenario was waiting until the end of next week. They wouldn't let me cancel on the phone, so I had to drive there just to cancel my order.

Went to my local AT&T Store (I'm in DC), and they RECEIVED NO NOTES either. Was told only one store in the area got any, and they only had 5.

This is a disgraceful product launch by any measure. I was excited to try out the Note 7 and switch from my iPhone, but I'm no longer making the switch. I hope everyone else had a better experience than me and are enjoying their new Note 7!
    Went to T-Mobile on launch day and bought one. They had plenty in stock for everyone that showed up.
    Jona005 likes this.
    08-21-2016 09:12 AM
    " the popularity of the phone took them by surprise". If I remember correctly the same thing was said about the Note 4 Edge, and the Note 5, ans the s7 edge. . . . At what point do you stop being surprised and go "hey maybe we should make enough for everyone"

Posted via the Android Central App
    It's the economics, lol. What's premium about a phone everyone can just get off the shelf right after launch?
    Scarcity is valued

Posted via my awesome N4
    08-22-2016 08:23 AM
    This is why I always sit back and wait. I will probably wait till September to go look at a Note 7.
    I also wait till all the bugs get worked out. I see there's been some talk about screen separation already.
    October may seem like a good time to purchase if I like the phone.
    briannamarie91 likes this.
    08-22-2016 08:35 AM
117 ... 345