08-22-2016 08:35 AM
117 123 ...
tools
    TOTAL FAIL! What kind of "launch" has no product in the stores, even for those of us who pre-ordered?

Pre-ordered at Best Buy in-store, so I could choose the 256GB memory card. After not receiving an email indicating my Note 7 was ready, I called the store this morning and found out they RECEIVED NO NOTES. Was told best case scenario was waiting until the end of next week. They wouldn't let me cancel on the phone, so I had to drive there just to cancel my order.

Went to my local AT&T Store (I'm in DC), and they RECEIVED NO NOTES either. Was told only one store in the area got any, and they only had 5.

This is a disgraceful product launch by any measure. I was excited to try out the Note 7 and switch from my iPhone, but I'm no longer making the switch. I hope everyone else had a better experience than me and are enjoying their new Note 7!
    08-19-2016 10:38 AM
    It seems those who preordered from the carrier are getting theirs.
    08-19-2016 10:39 AM
    Well i totally agree with you. Pre order in south Africa was pushed from 15 Aug to 1 September. We will now apparently have it available the 23 September.... Epic fail

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-19-2016 10:42 AM
    Took until 11:38 am EST for someone with one post to proclaim a launch fail.
    Jona005, AS7Edge, dsignori and 8 others like this.
    Samsung is known for shooting themselves in the foot. Don't get me wrong, I love the Note 7 and their devices, but they can do a lot better. I guess they vastly underestimated demand and supply. They need better analytics. .
    jimd1050 and Siggystyle like this.
    Be thankful you didn't order from Samsung.com. They have been "preparing for shipment" since August 3rd. Super joke of a supply chain.
    bhatech likes this.
    08-19-2016 10:43 AM
    I think it was a success. They sold every single unit manufactured and more is on the way.

Pre ordering is more of a virtual line. Saves the hassle of having to wait in a physical line on a launch date and not even know if you gonna get one.

In your situation, it sounds more like a best buy fail as they seemed to mislead you.
    08-19-2016 10:47 AM
    I would blame BestBuy .. not the launch. Plenty of people walked into T-Mobile and got them today when I was there. I was one of them. I had mine pre-ordered but had my buddy join my account and buy one on the spot.
    08-19-2016 10:48 AM
    To be fair, if they were looking around on forums, lots of people weren't that excited over it when it was rumoured to be similar to the s7 edge.

I was surprised how high the demand was considering how much people were putting it down lol
    MsBlingberry likes this.
    08-19-2016 10:49 AM
    It's ironic. The phone has went from "not gonna sell" to "no need to preorder" to "massive sales " to "fail". For all the blame the carriers get, I'd sooner blame Best Buy on this one.
    08-19-2016 10:50 AM
    The Note is

Note 7 Launch FAIL-too_big_to_fail_border_sq.jpg

08-19-2016 11:34 AM
    It probably depends on your area. I walked into the Best Buy near me and they had a bunch in stock and I was ready to buy. They weren't going to give me the 256GB card because I was buying the phone outright instead of on a contract so I said screw it and walked out. Drove 10 minutes to local Verizon store who had them in stock.

It ended up being cheaper since Verizon charges a lower retail price for the Note 7 than Best Buy so even with Verizon's crappy $20 "upgrade" free it was still cheaper than Best Buy. Only difference is I have to wait for my SD card.

I'm sure it's mostly just the area that you're in.
    Ry and Pinhead117 like this.
    08-19-2016 12:00 PM
    It's definitely AT&Ts fault. Other carriers are getting theirs.
    08-19-2016 12:01 PM
    It probably depends on your area. I walked into the Best Buy near me and they had a bunch in stock and I was ready to buy. They weren't going to give me the 256GB card because I was buying the phone outright instead of on a contract so I said screw it and walked out. Drove 10 minutes to local Verizon store who had them in stock.

It ended up being cheaper since Verizon charges a lower retail price for the Note 7 than Best Buy so even with Verizon's crappy $20 "upgrade" free it was still cheaper than Best Buy. Only difference is I have to wait for my SD card.

Just a note though Best Buy will price match Verizon. So it still would have been the same price.
    sangs likes this.
    08-19-2016 12:06 PM
    When you don't have one of only three color options in-store on launch day (in many cases two of the three), that's a fail. Let alone the pre-order fiascos.
    08-19-2016 12:07 PM
    My best buy had none of the carriers...
    jimd1050 likes this.
    08-19-2016 12:14 PM
    This is on your carriers not Samsung .
    08-19-2016 12:21 PM
    I just got my pre-order from Best Buy at lunch and the rep said that they have had Verizon's batch of pro-orders, but AT&T where the ones that was lagging behind. They had already had several complaints from AT&T customers over their pre-order. Though in fairness to BB the AT&T users that were complaining had not yet received their email telling them to pick the phone up like the other carriers had.
    08-19-2016 12:25 PM

tmobile minus the blues have stock of the other two ready to ship. Not sure why Best Buy having a problem but carriers have them in stock. I'm thinking one of the reasons stores are not carrying a lot of them but the carrier has them in stock to order IMO is because of the high price they don't want all that overhead just sitting there and they didn't expect it to be this popular.
    08-19-2016 12:27 PM
    Honestly, the popularity of the phone took everyone by surprise I think (given how folks labeled it as a S7 with a stylus), Samsung said the pre-orders for the Note 7 set a new record. Carriers are going to get first priority over box stores like BestBuy, Target and so on. Hope you are able to get your hands on one soon, your best bet may be to place a pre-order with your carrier to ensure you get one. My boss just placed a pre-order for two Note 7's (him & his wife) and he was quoted 1 week, the local stores hardly got any in due to the pre-order demand.
    08-19-2016 12:35 PM
    I pre-ordered with AT&T and received mine yesterday.
    08-19-2016 12:52 PM
    I would not constitute this a Fail, I would constitute this as a extremely high demand for an amazing product. Take apple for example, when they release phones, you can't find phones in the stores for a month or more and at times have to wait 4-6 weeks after ordering just to receive one. So personally i wouldn't say this is a fail, just a fact that the device is extremely popular and they are trying to meet the high demand.
    08-19-2016 12:55 PM
    " the popularity of the phone took them by surprise". If I remember correctly the same thing was said about the Note 4 Edge, and the Note 5, ans the s7 edge. . . . At what point do you stop being surprised and go "hey maybe we should make enough for everyone"

Posted via the Android Central App
    tony bag o donuts likes this.
    08-19-2016 12:58 PM
    I still don't understand why people preorder. I walked into a store this morning and got my phone.
    skatergirl and hasasimo like this.
    08-19-2016 12:58 PM
    I still don't understand why people preorder. I walked into a store this morning and got my phone.
    Yep ... you got yours before I have gotten mine (still waiting on FedEx). That said, some people have not had luck going out and getting them in the stores. Seems hit or miss.
    08-19-2016 01:04 PM
117 123 ...