For those with the Note and a Gear S2 3G

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem ever since I paired the watch the S2 always rings when i receive a call on my phone. I have everything set to vibrate but it still rings. To make it even weirder if I call the watch directly it will only vibrate. Anyone else come across this issue. Everything worked fine on my S7E?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem ever since I paired the watch the S2 always rings when i receive a call on my phone. I have everything set to vibrate but it still rings. To make it even weirder if I call the watch directly it will only vibrate. Anyone else come across this issue. Everything worked fine on my S7E?
Try unpairing the device then reconnect it. See if that helps.

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, I've tried that. I've factory reset the watch and so did T-Mobile a little while ago and it is still happening. The store thinks it's the Note needing some type of fix. I wonder if i'm the only having this problem.

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed this problem, I actually connected the S2 to my old S7E and it stopped but when I reconnected it to the Note the problem started up again.

Kariot

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site

I have the same issue and it is driving me nuts. Was working fine with my S6, but now I have the Note 7 it rings even though everything on the watch is set to vibrate.

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Yeah it looks like its happening a lot. I found another thread on xda about it as well. Must be a software issue that Samsung needs to hear about.

Kariot

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problem! Really annoying! It is also overriding my vehicle's Bluetooth and using the phones ringtone through Bluetooth.

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Well I found out if you set the ringtone on the Note to silent it will stop but then you have to set your ringtone everytime you actually want the phone to ring.

James Pettengill

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Mine is working just fine on AT&T. I quit with the watch ringer as I couldn't really hear it and turned it off on the watch and it always just vibrates. I had it connected to my edge+ before the note came in. Worked just fine on it too. Had to do a reset on the watch to pair it with the note. Also it is using at&t's number sync to pair it with the phone number and not the baked in Samsung number forwarding software.
Something cool that I'm not sure if it's the phone or the watch or a combination of both but my car now plays the set ring tone of the phone when a cal comes in instead of the highly annoying and ear piercing standard ring ring it used to do. I really like that change.

I'm guessing that your issue is a communication error between watch and phone with the call forwarding.

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Hey all, I know this is a slightly different thread, but didn't find a thread with people doing some troubleshooting on the basic Gear setups, etc. I have a VZW Note 5 and a Gear S2 3G for VZW as well. Overall great experience with both, but 95% of my calendar events don't sync to the Gear.

I have updated both phone and watch, did a light reset and hard reset on watch, installed and uninstalled Gear manager, paired and unpaired device two or three times, even had Samsung try to do support on it mobile, but they quite literally gave up after taking about three hours of my time (kudos to them though for sticking with it that long!) after not really suggesting anything I hadn't already tried or considered.

Now it's to the point where I either have to send it in to Samsung (where they said they would charge for the repair if they found any damage on it... kind of out of my control once the device is in the mail), or drive forty miles to LA to see if Samsung support can fix it in person, which honestly I don't have the time for.

Before I resort to either of these, do any of you brilliant fellow Samsung users have any advice or tips that you can recommend? I'll still search through other threads in the forum to see if there's similar threads, but so far I have yet to find this issue. Thanks in advance!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
What happens with my duo is I have my watch ringtone set on wine glass but if my phone rings instead of the watch ringing wine glass, like it did with my Note 4, it rings the song that is playing on my phone, so I hear the same song on two devices a second apart. So annoying. Not sure how to stop this from happening.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
having the same issue

I'm also having this problem. It's annoying, but the only way I've been able to get around this is to put my phone in do not disturb and set to custom so it allows notifications. No ringing and the watch vibrates. I have it set up on a schedule so during work hours my watch is the only notification I get. Not ideal, but it's better than the embarrassment of your wrist ringing during a meeting lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670