11-07-2016 03:48 PM
43 12
tools
    I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem ever since I paired the watch the S2 always rings when i receive a call on my phone. I have everything set to vibrate but it still rings. To make it even weirder if I call the watch directly it will only vibrate. Anyone else come across this issue. Everything worked fine on my S7E?
    I just tried on mine & yes I'm in the same boat as u..even on vibrate my watch still rings out loud..dang it man!! This is a good hardware combo to me
    Attached Thumbnails For those with the Note and a Gear S2 3G-4687.jpg  
    08-27-2016 06:59 PM
    Are any of you guys who are NOT on Verizon able to purchase any watch faces?

I called their tech support today about this issue as well as the ringing while on vibrate. They said there is a team working on the ringer problem, and is it's reported on several model Samsung phones, not just N7. But said he didn't see any reports on the watch face purchase issue.

I called VZW because I give up trying to communicate with Samsung. I've had three phone calls all ending with canned email responses. One rep directed me to the 1-on-1 Inquiry on their site. I've had my "Questions" closed without a reply three times. The first time they asked model info, etc., then they closed the question to replies. The second two I sent them all the info they requested, and THEN they closed them again!
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    08-27-2016 09:37 PM
    Samsung needs $$$ so you would think they would fix this problem quick.
    08-27-2016 09:42 PM
    Are any of you guys who are NOT on Verizon able to purchase any watch faces?

I called their tech support today about this issue as well as the ringing while on vibrate. They said there is a team working on the ringer problem, and is it's reported on several model Samsung phones, not just N7. But said he didn't see any reports on the watch face purchase issue.

I called VZW because give up trying to communicate with Samsung. I've had three phone calls all ending with canned email responses. One rep directed me to the 1-on-1 Inquiry on their site. I've had my "Questions" closed without a reply three times. The first time they asked model info, etc., then they closed the question to replies. The second two I sent them all the info they requested, and THEN they closed them again!
    I'm on T-Mo and haven't had any issues with purchasing new warch faces...this is my new and current face.
    Attached Thumbnails For those with the Note and a Gear S2 3G-4701.jpg  
    08-27-2016 09:47 PM
    I'm on T-Mo and haven't had any issues with purchasing new warch faces...this is my new and current face.
    Did you have the watch paired with another phone first? Mine was connected to my Note 5 for about 5 days & everything worked as it should then. Ringing and purchases.
    08-28-2016 12:58 AM
    Hey all, I know this is a slightly different thread, but didn't find a thread with people doing some troubleshooting on the basic Gear setups, etc. I have a VZW Note 5 and a Gear S2 3G for VZW as well. Overall great experience with both, but 95% of my calendar events don't sync to the Gear.

I have updated both phone and watch, did a light reset and hard reset on watch, installed and uninstalled Gear manager, paired and unpaired device two or three times, even had Samsung try to do support on it mobile, but they quite literally gave up after taking about three hours of my time (kudos to them though for sticking with it that long!) after not really suggesting anything I hadn't already tried or considered.

Now it's to the point where I either have to send it in to Samsung (where they said they would charge for the repair if they found any damage on it... kind of out of my control once the device is in the mail), or drive forty miles to LA to see if Samsung support can fix it in person, which honestly I don't have the time for.

Before I resort to either of these, do any of you brilliant fellow Samsung users have any advice or tips that you can recommend? I'll still search through other threads in the forum to see if there's similar threads, but so far I have yet to find this issue. Thanks in advance!
    Oh I would definitely take the time to drive to the LA service center.

But sending a device on to Samsung, you just pack it well, turn it over to UPS. I've returned phones before, never a problem.
    08-28-2016 01:05 AM
    Did you have the watch paired with another phone first? Mine was connected to my Note 5 for about 5 days & everything worked as it should then. Ringing and purchases.
    Yes I originally paired it with my S7 edge but kept the default faces..when I received my note 7 I had to do a full factory reset to pair it with the note 7,then decided to get new watch faces a few days ago. Didn't have any issues with purchasing the 3 new faces.
    08-28-2016 07:31 AM
    Same problem here. I can't stop the watch from ringing. Plus can't purchase anything like watch faces ETC from Samsung with the Note 7.
    I have not tried to purchase watch faces from the Samsung store but I have purchased themes. I will try to purchase a watch face to see what happens.
    08-28-2016 12:38 PM
    Watch face purchasing still dead on the Verizon Note 7.
    08-28-2016 12:44 PM
    Same problem here. I can't stop the watch from ringing. Plus can't purchase anything like watch faces ETC from Samsung with the Note 7.
    I just purchased a watch face. I wonder if there is something in your app? It looks like you can force stop it but not uninstall and reinstall. You can try the Samsung + app and see if the issue can be diagnosed.
    08-28-2016 12:51 PM
    I just purchased a watch face. I wonder if there is something in your app? It looks like you can force stop it but not uninstall and reinstall. You can try the Samsung + app and see if the issue can be diagnosed.
    Are you with Verizon? Also, did you have the watch paired with a different device before the Note 7? I bought my S2 Classic about a week or two before receiving the Note 7, and had it paired to my Note 5, where there was no ringer issue or purchasing problem. I've factory reset the watch numerous times, and uninstalled/reinstalled the Galaxy Apps app. Went back and forth between the Note 5 and 7, and both issues were repeatedly only there with the Note 7.
    08-29-2016 12:03 PM
    Having no issues with my watch ringing aloud when my phone rings. Have watch set to vibrate, phone volume is up. I do have data connect set to auto on watch. Sorry you all are having problems. Loving my Note 7 and Gear s2. By the way, I'm on AT&T. If that matters???
    08-29-2016 04:18 PM
    Are any of you guys who are NOT on Verizon able to purchase any watch faces? ...
    Got it working. Didn't know if I was allowed to post both here and on the Gear thread. The link to that post is - http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5376607
    08-29-2016 04:22 PM
    There was a Gear software update today but it hasn't fixed the ringing watch issue
    08-31-2016 12:28 PM
    I got it too, any idea what the update was for. I can't find any documentation on it?
    08-31-2016 12:31 PM
    I got it too, any idea what the update was for. I can't find any documentation on it?
    The only thing i've noticed so far is when you get out of BT range there is a pop up on my phone when I get back telling me that call forwarding was enabled. Kind of silly if you ask me, why pop a message when the reason for the message is because you are away from the phone lol
    08-31-2016 01:33 PM
    Has anyone gotten anywhere with this? Like everyone else this is driving me crazy! Verizon Note 7 and Verizon Gear S2 Classic. Worked fine paired with my Note 5 and my S7. Watch only vibrated not rang the same ringtone as the phone. My car does the same now also.
    09-07-2016 02:49 PM
    Have a Note3 and gear s2 3g classic, have call forwarding set, watch only vibrates for incoming calls.
    11-07-2016 03:48 PM
43 12