08-24-2016 07:13 PM
119 12345
tools
    Is there a way to find out which local businesses accept Samsung Pay?
    08-21-2016 09:47 PM
    Is there a way to find out which local businesses accept Samsung Pay?
    They all accept it
    All they need is a regular card reader
    Doesn't work at gas pumps though
    08-21-2016 09:56 PM
    Same here... I received the email and I activated it but I don't see it in my Samsung pay. Do I have to wait for it to show up?
    It should just show up. I got this number to call about the issue. I will be calling later today. 844-726-7297
    08-22-2016 07:44 AM
    It should just show up. I got this number to call about the issue. I will be calling later today. 844-726-7297
    I'm expecting a call from someone today.
    treedabl likes this.
    08-22-2016 07:46 AM
    They all accept it
    All they need is a regular card reader
    Doesn't work at gas pumps though
    I must be doing something wrong because I've tried to use it several places with my S6 with no luck. The only time I've ever gotten it to work was with vending machines that clearly state they take NFC payment. I haven't tried with my Note 7 yet but I don't see what difference that would make.
    08-22-2016 08:01 AM
    I must be doing something wrong because I've tried to use it several places with my S6 with no luck. The only time I've ever gotten it to work was with vending machines that clearly state they take NFC payment. I haven't tried with my Note 7 yet but I don't see what difference that would make.
    I've only tried once and couldn't get it to work either. I was at a really busy store and there was a line behind me. Didn't wanna be "that guy", so I just pulled out my card. I'll try again today at a quieter location.
    08-22-2016 08:09 AM
    Are you holding the phone over the card reader strip where you swipe?

I've even used it at Wal-Mart yesterday, with their new card readers, that want you to insert the card to read the chip...
    08-22-2016 08:12 AM

I've even used it at Wal-Mart yesterday, with their new card readers, that want you to insert the card to read the chip...
    That's where I couldn't get mine to work. It's the only place I tried so far though.
    08-22-2016 08:14 AM
    That's where I couldn't get mine to work. It's the only place I tried so far though.
    Did the reader give you an error? Ive gotten 2 errors from the Wal-Mart reader on 2 separate occasions.... But holding it there a mila second after the error brought a successful transaction.... notification of transaction immediately appears on phone to confirm...

Try self checkout if they have one
    08-22-2016 08:18 AM
    Did the reader give you an error? Ive gotten 2 errors from the Wal-Mart reader on 2 separate occasions.... But holding it there a mila second after the error brought a successful transaction.... notification of transaction immediately appears on phone to confirm...

As soon as I got the card error on Walmart's end I just pulled the phone away to use my card. I was using self checkout, but it was Friday evening and there was a really long line. Didn't wanna be a jerk, so used my card. I'm gonna try again as soon as I can go somewhere less busy this afternoon.

Do you choose debit or credit if it asks? I chose credit because I think I read on a post here that credit works better.
    08-22-2016 08:25 AM
    As soon as I got the card error on Walmart's end I just pulled the phone away to use my card. I was using self checkout, but it was Friday evening and there was a really long line. Didn't wanna be a jerk, so used my card. I'm gonna try again as soon as I can go somewhere less busy this afternoon.

Do you choose debit or credit if it asks? I chose credit because I think I read on a post here that credit works better.
    I now use credit.... I did debit once and it asked me to put in my pin number, which defeated the purpose
    msm0511 likes this.
    08-22-2016 08:44 AM

I paid at Walmart this weekend no issues.
    08-22-2016 08:53 AM

What do you mean? Do you have to hold it specifically where you would swipe a normal card? When I would try it I wouldn't put it anywhere specifically, generally around the screen/keypad area I think.
    08-22-2016 09:01 AM
    What do you mean? Do you have to hold it specifically where you would swipe a normal card? When I would try it I wouldn't put it anywhere specifically, generally around the screen/keypad area I think.
    Yeah, from what I've read the back of the phone needs to be in a couple inches of the reader.
    08-22-2016 09:04 AM
    Hold it over the card reader strip....
    Thisistip likes this.
    08-22-2016 09:05 AM
    Here's a good video on what to do at the card reader
    Thisistip and msm0511 like this.
    08-22-2016 09:09 AM
    Do you have to activate the promo somehow or do you just pay with the app and it automatically gives you the $20?
    08-22-2016 09:29 AM
    Do you have to activate the promo somehow or do you just pay with the app and it automatically gives you the $20?
    You're suppose to get a notification almost immediately, to accept and activate the gift card... But a few people in this thread did not get that same result
    08-22-2016 09:43 AM
    I never got a thing
    08-22-2016 09:55 AM
    I never got a thing
    Did you get the email and the option to activate it within Samsung pay? I did but I didn't get no card.
    08-22-2016 09:58 AM
    I got my Note yesterday, signed up for Samsung pay last night, used it this morning and got the $20. As everyone is saying, pretty simple process.
    08-22-2016 10:46 AM
    For those that don't know, Samsung pay differs from android pay and apple pay in that it doesn't use NFC. Instead it fakes a magnetic signal to the terminal to make it think a card was swiped. This allows it to work almost anywhere. Just hold your phone near the card swipe location on the terminal. Even if the terminal accepts NFC payment you still have to hold it near the card swipe location if you wish to use samsung pay.
    08-22-2016 10:51 AM
    For those that don't know, Samsung pay differs from android pay and apple pay in that it doesn't use NFC. Instead it fakes a magnetic signal to the terminal to make it think a card was swiped. This allows it to work almost anywhere. Just hold your phone near the card swipe location on the terminal. Even if the terminal accepts NFC payment you still have to hold it near the card swipe location if you wish to use samsung pay.

So does this mean NFC doesnt have to be on in order to use it?
    08-22-2016 11:30 AM
    This is true, i was really looking forward to using this as it works technically everywhere.
    08-22-2016 11:32 AM
    So does this mean NFC doesnt have to be on in order to use it?
    Samsung Pay can turn NFC on when needed so you don't have to leave it on all the time.

Also Samsung Pay doesn't need an NFC reader to work -- it works on normal card readers as well that do not support NFC.
    08-22-2016 11:35 AM
119 12345