Samsung Pay Promotion (Note 7 - $20 for using)

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
As soon as I got the card error on Walmart's end I just pulled the phone away to use my card. I was using self checkout, but it was Friday evening and there was a really long line. Didn't wanna be a jerk, so used my card. I'm gonna try again as soon as I can go somewhere less busy this afternoon.

Do you choose debit or credit if it asks? I chose credit because I think I read on a post here that credit works better.
I now use credit.... I did debit once and it asked me to put in my pin number, which defeated the purpose

Thisistip

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Did the reader give you an error? Ive gotten 2 errors from the Wal-Mart reader on 2 separate occasions.... But holding it there a mila second after the error brought a successful transaction.... notification of transaction immediately appears on phone to confirm...

Try self checkout if they have one
I paid at Walmart this weekend no issues.

mynameisnick4

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Are you holding the phone over the card reader strip where you swipe?

I've even used it at Wal-Mart yesterday, with their new card readers, that want you to insert the card to read the chip...
What do you mean? Do you have to hold it specifically where you would swipe a normal card? When I would try it I wouldn't put it anywhere specifically, generally around the screen/keypad area I think.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
What do you mean? Do you have to hold it specifically where you would swipe a normal card? When I would try it I wouldn't put it anywhere specifically, generally around the screen/keypad area I think.

Yeah, from what I've read the back of the phone needs to be in a couple inches of the reader.

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I got my Note yesterday, signed up for Samsung pay last night, used it this morning and got the $20. As everyone is saying, pretty simple process.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
For those that don't know, Samsung pay differs from android pay and apple pay in that it doesn't use NFC. Instead it fakes a magnetic signal to the terminal to make it think a card was swiped. This allows it to work almost anywhere. Just hold your phone near the card swipe location on the terminal. Even if the terminal accepts NFC payment you still have to hold it near the card swipe location if you wish to use samsung pay.

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
For those that don't know, Samsung pay differs from android pay and apple pay in that it doesn't use NFC. Instead it fakes a magnetic signal to the terminal to make it think a card was swiped. This allows it to work almost anywhere. Just hold your phone near the card swipe location on the terminal. Even if the terminal accepts NFC payment you still have to hold it near the card swipe location if you wish to use samsung pay.

So does this mean NFC doesnt have to be on in order to use it?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So does this mean NFC doesnt have to be on in order to use it?

Samsung Pay can turn NFC on when needed so you don't have to leave it on all the time.

Also Samsung Pay doesn't need an NFC reader to work -- it works on normal card readers as well that do not support NFC.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Finally got it to work at a Dollar Geneal. The $20 reward was loaded immediately.

2 things I did differently. I took my case off and I held the back of my phone beside the terminal, not on top.

Oh...and I used credit.

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Okay so I had signed up, registered a card and paid for something but did not get the money. So today I called Samsung Pay and they had me do this>

1. Open Samsung Pay
  2. Click on credit/debit card
  3. Verify I had a transaction
  4. Go back to main screen
  5. Click on More
  6. Promotions
  7. Click on Special l$20 offer for Note 7 and S7 Edge
  8. Click on See Offer Details
  9. Click on the Accept terms

Then immediately I received the card as a Gift Card . Hope this helps!

Thisistip

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I got my $20 card today on my second time using Samsung pay. Don't know what made the difference, both are debit cards,though the second didn't require that I enter my pin. It and the $5 referral card but with 5 minutes.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Finally got it to work at a Dollar Geneal. The $20 reward was loaded immediately.

2 things I did differently. I took my case off and I held the back of my phone beside the terminal, not on top.

Oh...and I used credit.
Yup, I found out that holding the phone on the side of the swipe triggers a much faster transaction.....

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I got my $20 card today on my second time using Samsung pay. Don't know what made the difference, both are debit cards,though the second didn't require that I enter my pin. It and the $5 referral card but with 5 minutes.

How did you get the $5 referral ? I take it your refered someone and they signed up

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463