Samsung Pay Promotion (Note 7 - $20 for using)

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Pay did not work for me in Walmart or a grocery store where the cashier says it works for some and not others. My app is set up with supported cards and ready to go. Do you think my thin rubber case is preventing this from working. The same thickness case never stopped Android pay from working. grrrr.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Question: Do I have to open up the app before putting it to the payment terminal or can I just do so from the lock/home screen and it'll automatically bring up my card? On my G4, Andoird Pay automatically brought it up but in the video the guy brings up his card before putting it near the terminal...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Pay did not work for me in Walmart or a grocery store where the cashier says it works for some and not others. My app is set up with supported cards and ready to go. Do you think my thin rubber case is preventing this from working. The same thickness case never stopped Android pay from working. grrrr.

It shouldn't be. I have a Spigen Neo Hybrid (I have on most of my Samsung phones) and it goes through. I used it twice today so far.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My NFC is on.

Posted via the Android Central App

I got mine to work fine at Meijer today. Got the reward once I accepted the terms. The key is having NFC turned on. ??????

NFC being on isn't needed. I have mine off. The app will turn it on when pulsing for a transaction and then turn it back to off... So no need to have it on 24/7 :).

Marky310

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
NFC being on isn't needed. I have mine off. The app will turn it on when pulsing for a transaction and then turn it back to off... So no need to have it on 24/7 :).

Yup, just tried this. NFC turns on when it starts pulsing. Spent my 20 bucks on some guilt-free junk food

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

I have the Otterbox Commuter on my Note 7 and Samsung pay works fine thru that thick case.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay ... I think I figured it out. With Android Pay the app does not have to be open at first. Tapping the terminal prompts the app open. The Samsung Pay app and desired card must be open and ready to go for it to work. I have a square contactless reader and I charged myself a dollar and figured it out. Got my $20 Samsung card and now I know how to use the darn thing.

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Never used their pay app before, but I really liked it. I think I'll keep using it, as it seems to work just about anywhere, and it's easier than digging a card out of my wallet.

bar1203

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this was mentioned or not yet, but try to get a referral code from someone for an extra $5 before your 1st purchase.

Posted via the Android Central App

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I used Samsung Pay for the first time today. It didn't work at CVS for some reason which was kind of a bummer but the cashier said that other people had trouble paying with their phones. I went across the street to Stop and Shop and bought a soda at the self service kiosk and it worked flawlessly and I had my gift card loaded before I even exited the store. Tomorrow I'll try it out again. I was very pleased. I also have a dual layer case on the phone and I was happy that didn't hinder anything.

Last edited:

tripleblaze

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I bought breakfast with Samsung pay and then went to Best Buy and used the $20 credit towards the new version of the Gear VR. Unfortunately there are so many quirks with using the Samsung Pay service that I tend to only use it to get the promotions each time that I upgrade to a new Galaxy and then I disable the app. It's easier to just whip out my wallet and swipe a card than to awkwardly wave my phone around a card reader hoping that it will work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer