Silver: the new redheaded step-child?

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I have noticed that there is a bit of shade being thrown at the Silver N7. Right now there are poor little Silver N7's sitting proudly on shelves at TMO, Verizon, AT&T, Sam's and Best Buy just waiting for a good home! I was wondering why people are shunning Silver?!

I personally love my Silver N7...it is much more platinum than silver, is VERY blingy and tends to pick up whatever color is nearby it which makes it very chameleon like in nature.

So what gives?!

What's wrong with Silver?

:-*

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
It's like carrying around a mirror. I got sick of the silver/chrome S7 Edge after a couple of weeks and got black.

I believe there will plenty of each color Note 7's sitting around with no home. :p

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Nothing wrong with silver. I probably would have picked that one if it wasn't for Coral Blue. They probably should have put blue trim on the silver to add flash and appeal to Nevada natives. :p

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that there is a bit of shade being thrown at the Silver N7. Right now there are poor little Silver N7's sitting proudly on shelves at TMO, Verizon, AT&T, Sam's and Best Buy just waiting for a good home! I was wondering why people are shunning Silver?!

I personally love my Silver N7...it is much more platinum than silver, is VERY blingy and tends to pick up whatever color is nearby it which makes it very chameleon like in nature.

So what gives?!

I got a silver titanium Note7, but that's because that's the only color Best Buy had in stock. If I had a choice on the color, I would have chosen black onyx. No big deal though.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I got the silver. Not really a fan but I refuse to carry a girly blue phone and every phone I have owned since 97 has been black. Gonna look nice with my magma UAG case.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

So what gives?!

You answered your question with the VERY blingy point. I don't care for how shiny Samsung makes their gold and silver phones. If it was more matte or a grey I might go silver, but black for me.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
For the past few weeks I've been undecided between Silver and Black leaning towards Silver.

At the very last second when I had to make the choice I went with Blue Coral !!!

The Silver was too , too bling bling as if you were holding a mirror to you ear !?!?

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
The most reflective color in the line up. When I saw it at demo, you could see every single smudge and print. Far more than the others.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I have a silver waiting for me at BB, once it goes in the black case i bought it will be black :) I had pre-ordered Black but.......Apparently Samsung decided that everyone really wanted silver and that's what they shipped.....

Cheers
BR

BearlyFloats

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Silver.
c9690eb874e750f9ea167ecde18607c6.jpg

Last edited:

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

So what gives?!

Silver was my second choice. I think black looks fantastic but I am bored with black. I had to go with blue though. I was ready for something off the wall in terms of phone color.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I have to say, having used my titanium for the last couple of hours - I love it. Couple of things:

• It's not nearly reflective in the silver bits as everyone makes it out to be. It's not mirror finish, but the glass does make it reflective (but you wouldn't want to use it to put on makeup or anything).
  • The people who are upset about it being reflective keep referencing "it's like holding a mirror up to your ear," - I have a problem with that statement for two reasons:
  • 1) I rarely use my phone for a phone...I just don't anymore
  • 2) If I have my phone up to my ear, I can't see it - so if you think I'm wildly concerned about what anyone things of my phone while I'm using it (or at all, ever...I bought the phone for me...not for anyone else)...you'd be wrong

The silver does let light past the glass layer and thus finger prints become evident...but this is the case for any glass backed phone - in normal use, the onyx is going to show as many fingerprints as the silver as the blue coral. The other colors may be more visually distracting and/or absorbtive of light...but finger prints is finger prints

I did like the black color, but it's not like the finish was matte - I'd have probably lept with both feet had it been a matte black metal experience - so who knows, maybe in the future!

Not related to the silver, the reason I chose to go with the silver over the black was two fold. One...I've owned lots of black phones and the last good silver one I owned was a flip phone - 10 years ago :) I do like to switch it up. Two, the feature that I thought made it look amazing actually concerns me the most - it's that anodized black frame - one good scuff or scrap, the raw metal is going to stick out through that black finish like a sore thumb.. that finish is about a micron thick...I think realistically the area around the ports is going to get marked up pretty fast.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Side note...If I find the mother f#41er who decided it was a good idea to stick an IMEI sticker directly to the surface of the phone and not the plastic protective coating - I'm going to stab him or her in the eyes. Stupid gross residue...had to wipe for 10 minutes to get all of it off. Brain dead monkey f'ers

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Side note...If I find the mother f#41er who decided it was a good idea to stick an IMEI sticker directly to the surface of the phone and not the plastic protective coating - I'm going to stab him or her in the eyes. Stupid gross residue...had to wipe for 10 minutes to get all of it off. Brain dead monkey f'ers

Haha! I was the same with the sticker. Even though the Qualcomm sticker on the top was smaller, it was way harder for me to get that gunk off. It really stuck to the metal.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Stickers shouldn't even exist anymore. I hate sticker. When I bought my shotgun, the massive sticker on the barrel left like half a ton worth of residue that I had to clean off. I collect New Era MLB on-field hats and I freaking hate the stupid stickers that people leave on. If the world got rid of stickers and glitter, we'd all live in a better place.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Stickers shouldn't even exist anymore. I hate sticker. When I bought my shotgun, the massive sticker on the barrel left like half a ton worth of residue that I had to clean off. I collect New Era MLB on-field hats and I freaking hate the stupid stickers that people leave on. If the world got rid of stickers and glitter, we'd all live in a better place.

When people leave tags and stickers on clothes and hats it really bugs me. I don't know why and it shouldn't, but it drives me crazy.

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
It def seems the silver is the least popular color. I still love my silver note 7 ;)

And yeah the qualcomm sticker didn't want to come off, and had to use a bit of alcohol to get the gunk off.

BearlyFloats

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
They ship like that Jack. Sammy or Foxconn (?) does it. I'm picking up my Titanium tomorrow, I just hope I'll be able to get that SD card.

Garneth

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Random Q: Is the AT&T logo on the back of the device etched into the actual metal, or is it a sticker type thing that, with enough effort and maybe rubbing alcohol, I could remove?