Smart switch help

TheDarkKnight0818

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, so my note 7 just arrived (so nice) and I want to transfer all my pics and contacts from my note 4 to the 7. Do I need to activate my note 7 before I do smart switch? Because it says to make sure your contacts are backed up, so will my contacts be erased on my note 4? Thanks for the help in advance!

TheLegoJoker

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Although you'll be deactivating your old phone, all the contacts and data stored on it will still be there. I activated my Note before transferring my iPhone data. No issues.

BearlyFloats

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
As you go through the set up process on Note7, it will prompt you to use the included dongle for transferring content. Do that, finish setting up the phone, and then just swap SIM cards, or call your carriers activation hotline and activate the new SIM. Hooe this helps.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I gave up on the cable for my N4 to N7 switch - it just wouldn't complete. Ended up installing the Smart Switch app on my N4 and doing it wirelessly between the two.

I activated it and signed in with my gmail credentials then made sure contacts was not checked once I started Smart Switch.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I gave up on the cable for my N4 to N7 switch - it just wouldn't complete. Ended up installing the Smart Switch app on my N4 and doing it wirelessly between the two.

I activated it and signed in with my gmail credentials then made sure contacts was not checked once I started Smart Switch.
Yeah I gave up on smart switch too. What a joke. Tried everything from s7 to note 7. It would load up all the found content from s7 then started transfer & stopped. I was using wifi to set up note 7, haven't put in sim yet, maybe that had something to do with it. Ended up doing it via wifi which proved to be hit or miss. Dumb Switch!!

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I gave up on smart switch too. What a joke. Tried everything from s7 to note 7. It would load up all the found content from s7 then started transfer & stopped. I was using wifi to set up note 7, haven't put in sim yet, maybe that had something to do with it. Ended up doing it via wifi which proved to be hit or miss. Dumb Switch!!

His was a cable issue. He said his completed fine wirelessly. Sorry your switch didn't go as well, but I love Smart Switch overall I must say.

As an FYI, in addition to using a cable from phone to phone, or connecting wirelessly, you can use Smart Switch from a PC too. There are desktop apps for PC and MAC. It's actually a good idea to back your current phone up there anyway, as an additional backup. I've already backed up my Note 7 stuff this way.

When needed , connect a new phone to the PC and restore from that backup. I've used it a few times like this successfully.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
The MOST exciting, amazing thing occurred in my lap (Note 4 on my left leg & Note 7 on my right leg) last night . . .
Using the Samsung Smart Switch Mobile app in both phones, allllll my photos, contacts, local calendar entries, videos, and documents transferred from Note 4 to Note 7---wirelessly even---in about 2 MINUTES :) :) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12