Gear IconX

Bowlis78

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering about this as well as I have seen a few reviews reporting this, like the headsets never stop charging when they are in the case. I just got mine today, so not sure yet, but I can tell you that after the headphones are fully charged in the LEDs turn green, they stay on for a little bit and then go off totally, so I am assuming that no further drain should be happening at that point. Others were indicating that the LED lights never seemed to go out, which is not normal operation.
Yes after a while the green led turn off but in my case the next day the earphones are totally drain...

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
So took my charger off charge this morning. Had them in my pocket in the charger 16 hours. Didn't use them just lugged them around all day. Just put the charger on charge and within 20 seconds both lights on the front of the charge case turned green but the battery charge light on the back where the cord plugs in is still red. Will see how long before it turns green. Humm...

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I was going to purchase it but it does not last long on a full charge. Hour and a half of music play is not that good. The sound is great though. My beats last full day along with my Jam bluetooth headsets.

Adam Wynne

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
how do you load songs on them?
if I have google music can I just select a playlist to download to them?

I called google today. If you're on a Google music subscription you can't add the offline Playlist to the buds even if it's downloaded. You must purchase the music, download it to your computer via Google music manager then transfer the mp3s via android file transfer to your phone..then you can go ahead and add them to the buds. Painful!

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
So interesting thing. It seems others are right. There does seem to be a battery drain issue with these things. Very odd. I fully charged the buds and case. Then used the buds fully for about an hour and 15 minutes with a work out. Then put them back in the case to recharge. This was on Tuesday. I haven't used them since other than to take them out daily to check battery level. Now today, Friday AM, the case itself is fully drained of charge and the right earbud, my main one, is partly drained as well. (Last night it had full charge when I checked). This is a problem. Battery drain should not be happening like this at all. These are lithium batteries after all. They should be able to sit in a hibernating state without draining.

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm very annoyed by the fact that since a few years cellphone makes including Apple have lower the maximum level you can listen to your music too to avoid ear damage. I think it's my problem how loud I decide to listen to my music. The only way I've found to uncap this volume limit is to jailbreak or root my devices and change the code. It works great, except for the fact that my new note 7 is not root able yet. And I do wish I found an alternative. Once I bought some beats headphone and I admit that the volume was a bit louder, but still not as loud as my 2009 beloved iPod. And now I'm stuck with the stupid Samsung headphones and to tell you the truth, I can't hear anything when I'm in the street. Not only my music, but also my audible audiobook. Can't hear the voices that well.

So my question is, can the Icon x save me ? Can they play loud enough that it will sound like my old iPods before government forced phone makers to cap the volume my? If yes ill gladly pay twice the price for them.

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I just received my earbuds from Amazon and I am absolutely shocked at how horrible the sound quality is. I must be doing something wrong .... The sound is super low, lower than the stock headphones. A little metallic and I hear from far away. It's so low and horrible than if people are talking next to me I hear their voices louder than my music. And when I'm in my own living room with no one around its not loud enough to hear my audiobook

Either I am doing something wrong or this is the most horrible and disgusting product I've ever purchased in my entire life..... Please help !

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm very annoyed by the fact that since a few years cellphone makes including Apple have lower the maximum level you can listen to your music too to avoid ear damage. I think it's my problem how loud I decide to listen to my music. The only way I've found to uncap this volume limit is to jailbreak or root my devices and change the code. It works great, except for the fact that my new note 7 is not root able yet. And I do wish I found an alternative. Once I bought some beats headphone and I admit that the volume was a bit louder, but still not as loud as my 2009 beloved iPod. And now I'm stuck with the stupid Samsung headphones and to tell you the truth, I can't hear anything when I'm in the street. Not only my music, but also my audible audiobook. Can't hear the voices that well.

So my question is, can the Icon x save me ? Can they play loud enough that it will sound like my old iPods before government forced phone makers to cap the volume my? If yes ill gladly pay twice the price for them.
You can put your music through software and raise the volume to fix that issue. Goldwave does a great job at this.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
My left bud died but Sammy was good enough to send me a new set within a week. Really impressed with their customer service. Mine were korean versions bought off ebay before the US release and they didn't give me any trouble. I have been comparing them with the Onkyo W800BT and the Erato and these hold their own. Sound might be a little less refined but they are punchy and fun sounding which for the gym is perfect. I think Sammy knocked it out of the party with these and I would be shocked if the air pods could compete with them.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have gone through 3 pairs.

The first pair the case stopped charging. So, I returned it and ordered another set since they were out of stock.

The second the left one died a week in and wouldn't charge.

The pair the right one stopped working after the first day.

I returned them and switched to a different style.

I love the design, the sound quality great. But, there is no reliability. There is some sort of design flaw in my opinion.

dankumm

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
same exact battery drain issue. Charged until both leds are green and case led is also green on thursday. They sit until tuesday and I check the app and they say 10% charge and 20% charge on the buds. There is something in the manual where is these sit for an 'extended period' you should power them down but I did not consider 5 days to be 'extended period'.

jatkins21

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have paired these with over 4 devices FYI on the folks indicating other BT devices (computer, my samsung s7, ipad and computer). All of this was done using a typical BT pairing sequence.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463