09-18-2016 04:41 PM
102 12345
tools
    DT Ignite is there.. I disabled it.
    Have you experienced any issues at all after disabling it? Just knowing it's there makes me a bit queasy - like having a pedophile living next door to you.
    sean8102 likes this.
    08-21-2016 09:44 AM
    Verizon takes away the blocking features for text messages. That's my only issue with verizon. I used to have at&t and tmobile neither of those companies took away that feature.
    bhatech likes this.
    08-21-2016 10:12 AM
    Have you experienced any issues at all after disabling it? Just knowing it's there makes me a bit queasy - like having a pedophile living next door to you.
    You shouldn't have any problems after disabling it. I have disabled on every phone I've had. No problems here.
    08-21-2016 10:16 AM
    You can not miss what you have never had.
    08-21-2016 10:19 AM
    does anyone know if verizon took the hiya feature off of the phone? I can not find the settings for it and i got a call from an 877 number and it did not give me a warning.
    08-21-2016 10:19 AM
    So this is a battle between two heavy weight hitters. AT&T crappy repackage box or Verizon gimp Note 7. You be the judge.
    08-21-2016 11:06 AM
    I have Ad Block on the Sammy browser, using Ad Block Plus. And I'm overjoyed they took away the useless RAM "management" snake oil, brought to you by the cheats at Cheetah Mobile. Can't say I'm familiar with smart settings "suggestions." I know I have smart lock for location, devices, etc. And the screen looks great, so not sure about the "warmer" issue.
    My screen tint looks fine. I never buy Moto because screen temp is too warm for me.

How do you apply AdBlock to Sammy browser? I don't see ANY settings on sammy browser. Can'r even shut off Java? (some ads I consider malware seem to use Java to prevent backing out of browser. You have to clear browser cache and data just to get rid of them. you know like "Congratulations Verizon User You have just won an iphone")
    08-21-2016 11:16 AM
    I have disabled DT Ignite on all my Verizon Android phones and never noticed any problems (Xperia Z3v, LG V10).

DT Ignite is bloatware that leaves a back door open to allow Verizon to install more bloatware.
    08-21-2016 12:17 PM
    how do you uninstall DT ignite on the note?
    08-21-2016 12:29 PM
    how do you uninstall DT ignite on the note?
    Go into Applications and make sure to choose "Show System" from the menu. Then find it and disable it. It doesn't show up under the list of regular apps.
    Miamagn likes this.
    08-21-2016 04:43 PM
    My screen tint looks fine. I never buy Moto because screen temp is too warm for me.

How do you apply AdBlock to Sammy browser? I don't see ANY settings on sammy browser. Can'r even shut off Java? (some ads I consider malware seem to use Java to prevent backing out of browser. You have to clear browser cache and data just to get rid of them. you know like "Congratulations Verizon User You have just won an iphone")
    Download ad block plus for Samsung browser from play store.
    Run the AdBlock plus app, it will ask you for appropriate permissions and also guide you to turn on.

Alternatively, open Samsung browser-Settings-Extensions -Block Content. I think the block content will show once you have any ad blocker installed.

You can also block pop ups etc, make sure it's turned in advanced settings of the Samsung browser.

recDNA likes this.
    08-21-2016 05:10 PM
    Are the battery optimization features gone from the Verizon version of the Note 7? Those lived in the device management menu I think. I'm talking about the features that allowed users to change the device resolution and a bunch of other things to increase battery life.
    08-21-2016 08:04 PM
    Activated Postpay Verizon LTE phones are sold unlocked. Which is a nice benefit. Are others?
    Verizon is the only one to sell them factory sim unlocked. Other carriers sim lock them but you can unlock one you meet certain criteria for free.
    08-21-2016 08:14 PM
    Verizon is the only one to sell them factory sim unlocked. Other carriers sim lock them but you can unlock one you meet certain criteria for free.
    Well sim lock is no big deal IMO, you can get temporary unlock for 30 day period from carriers like T-Mobile when you need it or as you mentioned permanent unlock if you meet certain criteria. Pretty sure other carriers will have similar policies. Also, sim unlocking is legal in US i think and there are websites that can unlock for a small cost though T-Mobile versions made it difficult and you need to use their T-Mobile sim unlock app. But for AT&T versions it should be easy.

It's still full on full Verizon version even though it's sim unlocked. So not much benefit. They are mandated by FCC to sell it unlocked, I'm sure they will be fuming that they have to do this.
    08-21-2016 08:20 PM
    Well sim lock is no big deal IMO, you can get temporary unlock for 30 day period from carriers like T-Mobile when you need it or as you mentioned permanent unlock if you meet certain criteria. Pretty sure other carriers will have similar policies. Also, sim unlocking is legal in US i think and there are websites that can unlock for a small cost though T-Mobile versions made it difficult and you need to use their T-Mobile sim unlock app. But for AT&T versions it should be easy.

It's still full on full Verizon version even though it's sim unlocked. So not much benefit. They are mandated by FCC to sell it unlocked, I'm sure they will be fuming that they have to do this.
    Couple things. Many people in the real world don't really care about bloat .

Secondly, for the technically inclined, it isn't a big deal, but I have friends who do not even feel comfortable ordering a phone from the website and ask for my help. Or that they lost an icon on the home screen. many people just want to go through simplest route and don't want to go through the hassle.
    recDNA and cwbcpa like this.
    08-21-2016 11:10 PM
    Couple things. Many people in the real world don't really care about bloat .

Secondly, for the technically inclined, it isn't a big deal, but I have friends who do not even feel comfortable ordering a phone from the website and ask for my help. Or that they lost an icon on the home screen. many people just want to go through simplest route and don't want to go through the hassle.
    By that logic they will be buying whatever carrier phone they are in, not going to or will have knowledge to buy Verizon phone and then use on another network. Simplest route for those people is buying the phone their carrier offers.
    08-21-2016 11:14 PM
    By that logic they will be buying whatever carrier phone they are in, not going to or will have knowledge to buy Verizon phone and then use on another network. Simplest route for those people is buying the phone their carrier offers.
    Correct which is what most people do.
    08-22-2016 12:02 AM
    Yes the device management settings option is missing. At least on my note. But my screen looks nothing like the photos.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-22-2016 12:55 AM
    Verizon also gimped the stock screen protector... No writing on it like with many other versions...

And I am glad that they gimped it since screen protectors are difficult with the curved screen.
    08-22-2016 10:15 AM
    Verizon also gimped the stock screen protector... No writing on it like with many other versions...

And I am glad that they gimped it since screen protectors are difficult with the curved screen.
    I wrote on my closed lockscreen today (VZW) however I have always on activated in case that matters. worked great for grocery list.
    08-22-2016 12:07 PM
    The RAM Management app was not made by Cheetah Mobile! It is Samsung's built-in management app for those who feel the need for this sort of thing.

The bottom line is Verizon removed certain feature so they can make more money from its customers. PERIOD! Especially since they have comparable products available.
    08-22-2016 01:57 PM
    The RAM Management app was not made by Cheetah Mobile! It is Samsung's built-in management app for those who feel the need for this sort of thing.

The bottom line is Verizon removed certain feature so they can make more money from its customers. PERIOD! Especially since they have comparable products available.
    Shocked. Shocked I tell you! :-)

Are the battery optimization features gone from the Verizon version of the Note 7? Those lived in the device management menu I think. I'm talking about the features that allowed users to change the device resolution and a bunch of other things to increase battery life.
    No, they are not removed. I can change the resolution of the display from the power saving customization section of the settings.
    08-22-2016 02:04 PM
    did verizon remove hiya? I can not find a setting for it and the phone is not alerting me when i get spam calls
    08-22-2016 02:17 PM
    At least they included the stock Samsung Browser and I don't see DT Ignite.
    DT Ignite is there, you need to look under apps, and show the system apps. They've hidden it. From there, you can disable.
    08-22-2016 02:33 PM
    Why would anyone want to use the Samsung browser anyway? There are a number of ad-blockers for Firefox or just go with Adguard.
    I thought the same, but am giving it a try. It is actually quite snappy and integrates with the biometrics. Its looking like it may be my new browser of choice.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    08-22-2016 02:35 PM
102 12345