09-18-2016 04:41 PM
102 ... 2345
tools
    It looks like you can get s cloud
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=5355789
    08-22-2016 02:45 PM
    The RAM Management app was not made by Cheetah Mobile! It is Samsung's built-in management app for those who feel the need for this sort of thing.

The bottom line is Verizon removed certain feature so they can make more money from its customers. PERIOD! Especially since they have comparable products available.
    I wasn't aware Verizon had a competing ram management app.
    08-22-2016 04:58 PM
    I am very happy with my phone and with Verizon. Been with them as long as I can remember..known as Airtouch back in the day.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-22-2016 07:03 PM
    I wasn't aware Verizon had a competing ram management app.
    I don't know if they do or don't. What I do know is that they didn't disable the setting for your own good. There is always money involved.
    bhatech likes this.
    08-22-2016 07:30 PM
    Verizon has long had issues with loading phones with apps their customers don't want or use. I'm a loyal VZ customer and I find this practice really annoying. They've altered many phones in similar ways but other carriers do it too. The reason I stay with VZ is their network really is fantastic and their customer service is top notch.

I've entertained the idea of going back to ATT but after a couple of awful customer service experiences burned into my brain it's really tough to go back...
    08-22-2016 08:28 PM
    I had Verizon for the past 16 years. Never had a service problem, 4G works everywhere I've ever been, never drop a call. Moved to AT&T on Friday and got two Note 7's because they gave $695 in credits towards the second one. Well, it's now Wednesday and I spent an hour on the phone with Verizon porting my 3 lines back. AT&T had trouble sending/receiving texts, dropped a call, and data was dial up speed where I work. I thought there was a minimal difference in the big 2 networks, but, for my area at least, Verizon is bar none the best. I'll put up with their mods all day long and have all my calls go through without a hitch. Not switching to another carrier...ever. What good is a phone that connects to a weak network?
    cwbcpa and TJA3500 like this.
    08-24-2016 07:43 PM
    The RAM Management app was not made by Cheetah Mobile! It is Samsung's built-in management app for those who feel the need for this sort of thing.

The bottom line is Verizon removed certain feature so they can make more money from its customers. PERIOD! Especially since they have comparable products available.
    It is Cheetah Mobile. Smart Manager is done by Clean Master who is by Cheetah Mobile.

I found this last year on my Note 5. I've complained to Samsung about this.
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon has apparently gimped their Note 7.-1472086920764.jpg  
    08-24-2016 08:02 PM
    It is Cheetah Mobile. Smart Manager is done by Clean Master who is by Cheetah Mobile.

I found this last year on my Note 5. I've complained to Samsung about this.
    I stand corrected. Good to know.

All the RAM Management portion of rhe settings does is stop apps running in the background anyway. It's not much.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-24-2016 08:22 PM

All the RAM Management portion of rhe settings does is stop apps running in the background anyway. It's not much.
    Well RAM Management is unnecessary for Android OS these days, I prefer they just remove it from all phones. You can cause more problems by managing your own RAM over letting Android manage it.

I disabled it because I don't want Cheetah anything running on the background on my phone.
    TJA3500 likes this.
    08-24-2016 08:25 PM

It stops those apps, only to have the OS restart them or replace them with others in the background. Because empty RAM doesn't save you anything in terms of increased battery life or performance, Android is designed to keep apps dormant in memory. This reduces the battery consumption by not having to fully initialize an app every time you go to it, with the added benefit of better multitasking.

http://m.androidcentral.com/ram-what...-shouldnt-care
    Kelly Kearns and TJA3500 like this.
    08-24-2016 09:48 PM
    It stops those apps, only to have the OS restart them or replace them with others in the background. Because empty RAM doesn't save you anything in terms of increased battery life or performance, Android is designed to keep apps dormant in memory. This reduces the battery consumption by not having to fully initialize an app every time you go to it, with the added benefit of better multitasking.

http://m.androidcentral.com/ram-what...-shouldnt-care
    I know how Android works.

My point was the RAM Management function Samsung added does not "hurt" anything.

And honestly, 90% of Android users have no idea of what you just explained and don't care. All they know is that those apps are still there (what appears to them to be running apps) and they want them gone. I have heard countless times about this and I have told people every time to leave those apps alone. They won't listen. So I understand why Samsung did what it did. I'm 100% positive that Samsung as a company received complaints about apps running in the background. So they included the RAM Management function - for better or for worse.
    08-25-2016 03:43 AM
    My point was the RAM Management function Samsung added does not "hurt" anything.
    My point is that it would hurt battery life.

I'm not saying Verizon should have removed it either. I dislike it when carriers remove functionality from a phone. You're right, Samsung put it there for a reason, even if it is nothing more than a battery using gimmick that is counterproductive. Most people probably don't understand this part of Android, and Samsung is just praying on that ignorance to boost sales.
    08-25-2016 07:05 AM
    My point is that it would hurt battery life.

I'm not saying Verizon should have removed it either. I dislike it when carriers remove functionality from a phone. You're right, Samsung put it there for a reason, even if it is nothing more than a battery using gimmick that is counterproductive. Most people probably don't understand this part of Android, and Samsung is just praying on that ignorance to boost sales.
    They are probably satisfying all the people that screamed when the task manager was removed because it was no longer needed.
    08-25-2016 07:08 AM
    They are probably satisfying all the people that screamed when the task manager was removed because it was no longer needed.
    You are exactly right.
    08-25-2016 07:15 AM
    Whatever the case, it is pure lame that Verizon removed the call ID function built into the Samsung firmware. That is not much different if having Verizon disable the volume device adjustment so they could charge for that too.
    08-25-2016 07:26 AM
    Whatever the case, it is pure lame that Verizon removed the call ID function built into the Samsung firmware. They hijacked that so they could charge people.
    08-25-2016 07:27 AM
    Most carriers do stupid stuff like that. When gingerbread came out and we could modify what icons showed in our pull down shade, AT&T took that away from us like it was nuclear codes or something.
    08-25-2016 07:29 AM
    So verizon did take out HIYA? I asked on this board a few days ago and did not get an answer to my question. HIYA is android's anti spam caller ID software.
    08-25-2016 11:22 AM
    So verizon did take out HIYA? I asked on this board a few days ago and did not get an answer to my question. HIYA is android's anti spam caller ID software.
    Another competing product so Verizon had to have it removed to avoid competition. Instead of developing a superior product and than compete with others they develop an inferior product and kill the completion by blocking it.
    08-25-2016 01:30 PM
    verizon did that because they have their own proprietary software and my verizon app that does the same
    im on verizon. yes im pd off but can ignore it.
    08-25-2016 02:21 PM
    maybe i am wrong but was HIYA free and built into the phone but verizon's software has to be paid for
    08-26-2016 07:41 AM
    One thing that Verizon does that i do not like is they take away the spam folder for text messages. There is no way to block texts unless you do it online VZW.com and you can only block 5 for free. Ive had Tmobile (that lasted 3 months). Ive had at&t they do not take away this feature, but i could not get service in my place of work with at&t so i had to switch back to Verizon... now that at&t has wifi calling on their newer android phones i may switch back after the holidays.
    08-26-2016 08:39 AM
    Well RAM Management is unnecessary for Android OS these days, I prefer they just remove it from all phones. You can cause more problems by managing your own RAM over letting Android manage it.

I disabled it because I don't want Cheetah anything running on the background on my phone.
    What are the specific apps you deleted for this?
    08-26-2016 11:53 AM
    No worries.. Verizon gimped on cheetah mobile...

I am sure that there are many disappointed fans crying over
    Verizon gimping cheetah mobile because they want the note 7 exactly how Samsung wants it.
    SteelGator and Kelly Kearns like this.
    08-26-2016 01:37 PM
    For anyone that has it on their phone, I just disabled this in package disabler pro.
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon has apparently gimped their Note 7.-1472309902761.jpg  
    08-27-2016 09:58 AM
102 ... 2345