Verizon has apparently gimped their Note 7.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My screen tint looks fine. I never buy Moto because screen temp is too warm for me.

How do you apply AdBlock to Sammy browser? I don't see ANY settings on sammy browser. Can'r even shut off Java? (some ads I consider malware seem to use Java to prevent backing out of browser. You have to clear browser cache and data just to get rid of them. you know like "Congratulations Verizon User You have just won an iphone")
Download ad block plus for Samsung browser from play store.
Run the AdBlock plus app, it will ask you for appropriate permissions and also guide you to turn on.

Alternatively, open Samsung browser-Settings-Extensions -Block Content. I think the block content will show once you have any ad blocker installed.

You can also block pop ups etc, make sure it's turned in advanced settings of the Samsung browser.

0fdb78ce9b8b59640914ac8ea51d1068.jpg

b75059d75eb256c4da7171e5f6ede1dd.jpg

nbajam

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Are the battery optimization features gone from the Verizon version of the Note 7? Those lived in the device management menu I think. I'm talking about the features that allowed users to change the device resolution and a bunch of other things to increase battery life.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Activated Postpay Verizon LTE phones are sold unlocked. Which is a nice benefit. Are others?
Verizon is the only one to sell them factory sim unlocked. Other carriers sim lock them but you can unlock one you meet certain criteria for free.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is the only one to sell them factory sim unlocked. Other carriers sim lock them but you can unlock one you meet certain criteria for free.
Well sim lock is no big deal IMO, you can get temporary unlock for 30 day period from carriers like T-Mobile when you need it or as you mentioned permanent unlock if you meet certain criteria. Pretty sure other carriers will have similar policies. Also, sim unlocking is legal in US i think and there are websites that can unlock for a small cost though T-Mobile versions made it difficult and you need to use their T-Mobile sim unlock app. But for AT&T versions it should be easy.

It's still full on full Verizon version even though it's sim unlocked. So not much benefit. They are mandated by FCC to sell it unlocked, I'm sure they will be fuming that they have to do this.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well sim lock is no big deal IMO, you can get temporary unlock for 30 day period from carriers like T-Mobile when you need it or as you mentioned permanent unlock if you meet certain criteria. Pretty sure other carriers will have similar policies. Also, sim unlocking is legal in US i think and there are websites that can unlock for a small cost though T-Mobile versions made it difficult and you need to use their T-Mobile sim unlock app. But for AT&T versions it should be easy.

It's still full on full Verizon version even though it's sim unlocked. So not much benefit. They are mandated by FCC to sell it unlocked, I'm sure they will be fuming that they have to do this.

Couple things. Many people in the real world don't really care about bloat .

Secondly, for the technically inclined, it isn't a big deal, but I have friends who do not even feel comfortable ordering a phone from the website and ask for my help. Or that they lost an icon on the home screen. many people just want to go through simplest route and don't want to go through the hassle.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Couple things. Many people in the real world don't really care about bloat .

Secondly, for the technically inclined, it isn't a big deal, but I have friends who do not even feel comfortable ordering a phone from the website and ask for my help. Or that they lost an icon on the home screen. many people just want to go through simplest route and don't want to go through the hassle.
By that logic they will be buying whatever carrier phone they are in, not going to or will have knowledge to buy Verizon phone and then use on another network. Simplest route for those people is buying the phone their carrier offers.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
By that logic they will be buying whatever carrier phone they are in, not going to or will have knowledge to buy Verizon phone and then use on another network. Simplest route for those people is buying the phone their carrier offers.
Correct which is what most people do.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes the device management settings option is missing. At least on my note. But my screen looks nothing like the photos.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon also gimped the stock screen protector... No writing on it like with many other versions...

And I am glad that they gimped it since screen protectors are difficult with the curved screen.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Verizon also gimped the stock screen protector... No writing on it like with many other versions...

And I am glad that they gimped it since screen protectors are difficult with the curved screen.
I wrote on my closed lockscreen today (VZW) however I have always on activated in case that matters. worked great for grocery list.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
The RAM Management app was not made by Cheetah Mobile! It is Samsung's built-in management app for those who feel the need for this sort of thing.

The bottom line is Verizon removed certain feature so they can make more money from its customers. PERIOD! Especially since they have comparable products available.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The RAM Management app was not made by Cheetah Mobile! It is Samsung's built-in management app for those who feel the need for this sort of thing.

The bottom line is Verizon removed certain feature so they can make more money from its customers. PERIOD! Especially since they have comparable products available.

Shocked. Shocked I tell you! :)

Are the battery optimization features gone from the Verizon version of the Note 7? Those lived in the device management menu I think. I'm talking about the features that allowed users to change the device resolution and a bunch of other things to increase battery life.

No, they are not removed. I can change the resolution of the display from the power saving customization section of the settings.

wcupk

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
did verizon remove hiya? I can not find a setting for it and the phone is not alerting me when i get spam calls

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Why would anyone want to use the Samsung browser anyway? There are a number of ad-blockers for Firefox or just go with Adguard.

I thought the same, but am giving it a try. It is actually quite snappy and integrates with the biometrics. Its looking like it may be my new browser of choice.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I wasn't aware Verizon had a competing ram management app.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am very happy with my phone and with Verizon. Been with them as long as I can remember..known as Airtouch back in the day.

Posted via the Android Central App

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Verizon has long had issues with loading phones with apps their customers don't want or use. I'm a loyal VZ customer and I find this practice really annoying. They've altered many phones in similar ways but other carriers do it too. The reason I stay with VZ is their network really is fantastic and their customer service is top notch.

I've entertained the idea of going back to ATT but after a couple of awful customer service experiences burned into my brain it's really tough to go back...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol