shattered back panel

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
So, I just picked up my phone from AT&T. Arrived home, and was getting out of the car with my phone in my cargo pants pocket, when I leaned against the door frame and heard a crack. I almost passed out when I realized that the back glass panel of my phone cracked in the corner and spider webbed from there. The phone works fine, but I JUST bought it!!! Shattered resistant my butt!

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So, I just picked up my phone from AT&T. Arrived home, and was getting out of the car with my phone in my cargo pants pocket, when I leaned against the door frame and heard a crack. I almost passed out when I realized that the back glass panel of my phone cracked in the corner and spider webbed from there. The phone works fine, but I JUST bought it!!! Shattered resistant my butt!

if you paid by credit card your more than likely covered.

metllicamilitia

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Shatter resistant doesn't mean shatter proof. Also those claims are usually by falling flat, not by falling on corners or being purposely or accidentally bent against a corner. Sucks man, I dented and dinged my HTC One M8 the day I got it too.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
No he can't return it. He can try but it will be up to the store manager if they take it back.
What he can do is buy insurance and then file a claim. Out another $100 but it's better than a cracked phone.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad my Note 5 got fixed with a factory data reset because the Note 7 appears to have glass problems. Those glass corners did look like weak points when I was looking at the Note 7 demo at Verizon.

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
thanks guys, yea, I have ins. I mean, at least it's not the screen. I wonder also, it was charging, and was really HOT. I think the phone was pushed up against this metal ring, that has something to do with the seat belt. anyway, I think the phone being really hot probably didn't help. My case is going to be in tomorrow, a little to late, but, I'm not going to go drop 100$ right away to get it replaced. I have ins. so I'll save up the 100$ and then replace it. I am going to go talk to ATT tomorrow, and see what they can do, it cant hurt

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Since you have insurance just put it in a case get some enjoyment out of it and eventually file a claim and pay the deductible.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad my Note 5 got fixed with a factory data reset because the Note 7 appears to have glass problems. Those glass corners did look like weak points when I was looking at the Note 7 demo at Verizon.

What if anything did your post have to add to this conversation?
You don't like the N7 I think we all get it.

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
yup, that's exactly what I plan on doing. It's working great, just has that blemish on the back. Tomorrow that's the first thing I'm doing, is getting a case. I feel like I'm holding a bomb.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I do like the Note 7. I don't like the glass. I added my opinion on the subject. Pretty sure this is a place where people can exchange ideas.

And what is your idea, exactly?
I saw a couple of opinions "the Note 7 appears to have glass problems" and "Those glass corners did look like weak points", but no ideas that I could see on how the OP could possibly resolve the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance