Note 7 Won't See SD Card

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Not really true. I have several old ones. Years old. They're all fine. I think SD cards are more situational.

Odd, I've had SD cards for years - all still working fine.

That's the exception to the norm. They aren't built to last forever. Good for you if they lasted a long time.

IF they lasted more than 3 years, please tell us the brand name and where you bought it so we can experience that kind of durability

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My mistake. I missed that. Note 3. Hmm....May need to reformat. Or just buy a new one and transfer content. I mean you can get a new micro SD 64 gb for less than $20 on Amazon
I don't like buying sd cards on Amazon, to many fakes out there, just my opinion.

But main thing I was going to say is best buy has the Samsung evo sd cards on sale, today probably last day.

32 gig. $9.99
64 gig. $29.99
128 gig. $59.99

Know you can find sd cards a little cheaper on Amazon or eBay, but at least you know these are not fake, and you go home with it today. If you find them cheaper on Amazon and it is sold and shipped by Amazon, best buy or Wal-Mart will match the price.

I bought the 128 last night in case I didn't get the free 256 from Samsung, but today online it says approved preparing for shipment, no email yet. So I'll probably return the best buy one

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
stupid question but I can't find the Storage option.

'There is no such thing as a dumb question' - Carl Sagan. If Samsung didn't change anything from the Note 5, it in settings. There are tabs that are categorized and storage should be under system, which was all the way to the right.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
That's the exception to the norm. They aren't built to last forever. Good for you if they lasted a long time.

IF they lasted more than 3 years, please tell us the brand name and where you bought it so we can experience that kind of durability

Have lots of them, all over the place, in all kinds of devices. None have failed. Sorry, don't feel like digging them all out and making a list. I think maybe you have just been unlucky.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Have lots of them, all over the place, in all kinds of devices. None have failed. Sorry, don't feel like digging them all out and making a list. I think maybe you have just been unlucky.

Nope. Google the issue. Alot of people have been as "unlucky" as me.

Not saying they all die out after a day.. SD cards don't last forever.

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

SanDisk 128GB 3+ years

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

I'll take this snark and give you a legit answer. I've used normal SanDisk. Boom. There tou go. The secret to the kingdom.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
That little tray is delicate. One could damage the sd card if trying to force it the wrong way. That would explain why it doesn't see it.. One would need 2 other sd cards to see if they are seen to really find out the problem. It could be "user error" or "damaged sd card"

free2spin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Upon placing the "defective" card back in my note 3, it saw the card without issue. Something about that particular card is...elusive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21