04-02-2018 07:38 AM
62 123
tools
    Wow, check out the the reviews in the play store for Samsung Notes. Lots of pissed people. Samsung is actually replying (I haven't posted a review yet, but I did post on their fb page & twitter, with no acknowledgement).

"Thank you for using Samsung Notes. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will carefully review your feedback, and improve it next version to resolve your discomfort."

Some of those canned replies were two days ago, and some folks are sharing how they downloaded the old SNotes as a workaround. Prob why it's missing now :/
    I went to take a look at the reviews this morning and WOW! Great to see all the frustrated users having their voice heard. I definitely gave them one star and let them know how I feel about the downgrade.

At this point I'd be shocked if we don't see an update with a lot of the missing functionality put back.

Everyone be sure to go let them know how you feel.
    boufa likes this.
    08-23-2016 07:08 AM
    Here's something confusing for me but maybe I'm just not understanding this correctly.

I had a meeting yesterday and used the Samsung Note app. Took notes during the meeting. However when the screen goes off, and I need to edit the note, or add to it, I put the pen near the screen and nothing happened. So I am sitting there trying to figure this out since I remember simply putting the pen near the screen with my Note 5 and editing.

I touched the screen over and over and nothing. Finally I held the pen on the screen itself applying a little pressure and then options opened up above.

What am I doing wrong? Isn't there an easier way to edit notes immediately?
    08-23-2016 07:27 AM
    Here's something confusing for me but maybe I'm just not understanding this correctly.

I had a meeting yesterday and used the Samsung Note app. Took notes during the meeting. However when the screen goes off, and I need to edit the note, or add to it, I put the pen near the screen and nothing happened. So I am sitting there trying to figure this out since I remember simply putting the pen near the screen with my Note 5 and editing.

I touched the screen over and over and nothing. Finally I held the pen on the screen itself applying a little pressure and then options opened up above.

I'm having a little trouble following you. I opened Samsung Notes and took a note. Waited for my screen to go dark. The Always On screen came on. Nothing can be done from this point until I wake the phone. I wake the phone and continue to write or edit my Note.

Are you saying you were expecting the pen to wake the phone or that once the phone goes to sleep it is saving the Note and you have to go back into an "edit" mode for the displayed note?
    08-23-2016 07:38 AM

Do you have Air Command turned on?
    Also check Air View
    08-23-2016 08:02 AM
    I wished they brought back Action Memos. Right now, I've had to sideload an older version of S Note for the Note5 to get that.
    08-23-2016 08:23 AM
    With my Note 5, when I am writing an S Note and I just let the phone go to sleep by itself , I can wake up the phone and the S Note screen is still there and I just continue to write on the screen without doing anything.
    08-23-2016 10:43 AM
    Just realized amongst all its other lackings, if you need a second "page" to your note (using Samsung Notes), you can't add a page. You can only make it a "longer" note (image really), which of course is uneditable later.
    08-23-2016 10:56 AM
    Since Samsung is starting to reply in the play store, tho kinda limited, mentioning maybe restoring "some" of S Note's features, maybe we could compile a list of necessary functions that need to come back. Maybe sticky it here, and then we could all link to it in our play store reviews?
    08-23-2016 10:59 AM
    I just noticed the SNote version on my N5 is older than the XDA one. I wonder if that has any other features, like maybe charts and tasks work? I'll install it later today and try.
    08-23-2016 11:01 AM
    *For Mods...

(Not sure how to contact the mods....)

Is it possible to merge this topic with: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...on-memo-2.html ?

They both have great questions and info, and I am hoping we can compile a list for Samsung of all things S Note and Action Memo that need to return to keep this a "Note".

Thanks.
    08-23-2016 02:05 PM
    I just noticed the SNote version on my N5 is older than the XDA one. I wonder if that has any other features, like maybe charts and tasks work? I'll install it later today and try.
    EDITED to add:
    I did try it.

Action Memo:
    - Tasks works
    - Link to contacts and messages is NOT there, yet IS on the Note 5.

S Note:
    - Photo note is there
    - Insert Easy Chart, Idea Sketch are Scrapbook are not

It also crashed on about ever 15-20 memos/notes it was importing (in all fairness, I do have over 500). This did not happen with the XDA version. So you trade a lot to get tasks working. ALL of which would be resolved if Samsung just listens to its customers.
    08-23-2016 02:21 PM
    Did they add any new features to S Note
    08-25-2016 05:17 PM
    They are now replying to negative reviews on Google play that action memo will return in Samsung Notes 1.2 before late september.
    dsignori, Connert and cinnamin like this.
    08-25-2016 08:13 PM
    They are now replying to negative reviews on Google play that action memo will return in Samsung Notes 1.2 before late september.
    '
    Good news indeed if true!
    08-25-2016 08:17 PM
    '
    Good news indeed if true!
    Eh, maybe. Adding Action Memo to Samsung Notes sucks, since Samsung Notes sucks. Action Memo was just one of the many, many features they stripped when they removed S Note....from the NOTE :/

And of course they're doing this, if at all, after most of us can return the phone.

One of my sons just got the S7 Edge yesterday. Really feels like they threw an S-Pen in one and called it a Note. I've never been so pissed about spending nearly $1K.
    08-25-2016 09:03 PM
    Eh, maybe. Adding Action Memo to Samsung Notes sucks, since Samsung Notes sucks. Action Memo was just one of the many, many features they stripped when they removed S Note....from the NOTE :/

And of course they're doing this, if at all, after most of us can return the phone.
    I can sense your frustration. I don't use it heavily enough that I can't wait for it to be added back. Perhaps they'll add the rest back too hopefully. I love the features in Notes. Call me crazy.

One of my sons just got the S7 Edge yesterday. Really feels like they threw an S-Pen in one and called it a Note.
    I don't agree with that at all, but I don't want to get into that again :-)
    08-25-2016 09:10 PM
    Samsung's newest canned reply to a number of reviewers doesn't leave me hopeful for S Notes returning:

"Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry about your inconvenience. We would appreciate it if you could explain your problem in detail."
    (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.app.notes)

Hundreds (maybe?) of reviewers have been "explaining their problem in detail" for days now, listing all of the features/functions that we lost when they took away S Notes.

Why don't we compile an all inclusive list of all the missing features, and as many of us as possible post the same list to them in the play store, facebook, and twitter, email, etc., maybe they may actually hear us and not give patronizing answers. I get the feeling if they try to update this awful app, it's just going to be a bigger, hotter mess than it already is. They're not even reinventing the wheel, they're uninventing fire. Just bring the full featured S Notes back and ditch Samsung Notes.
    exdrinker likes this.
    08-25-2016 09:35 PM
    08-25-2016 10:56 PM
    It is, and it's great that they listened to all of our squeaky wheels. But that's just one feature that was removed. S Note needs to be available again (the fully functioning version, not the one in the Galaxy App Store we're now being referred to in Samsung's replies). Samsung Notes needs to go.
    exdrinker likes this.
    08-25-2016 11:01 PM
    It is, and it's great that they listened to all of our squeaky wheels. But that's just one feature that was removed. S Note needs to be available again (the fully functioning version, not the one in the Galaxy App Store we're now being referred to in Samsung's replies). Samsung Notes needs to go.
    Samsung Notes should have kept all the neat stuff in the older Note apps but consolidated into one app.

Right now, it's overly simplified.
    sandra_17 likes this.
    08-25-2016 11:02 PM
    The Play store page telling me that the app is incompatible with all my devices? I have a Note 3 and a Note 7 as well. The Samsung Note app is ridiculous. It did away with Action Memo, and more importantly my notebooks lost their cover which helped me in navigating them. WT heck? I want my S Note back.
    09-05-2016 08:05 PM
    The Play store page telling me that the app is incompatible with all my devices?...
    Yep, that seemed to happen right after all the negative reviews of Samsung Notes in the play store. Use the S Notes version linked to in member Connert's post (the whole topic is pretty helpful too):
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5348636
    sicunder36 likes this.
    09-05-2016 10:45 PM
    My Note 7 is my first Samsung and Android phone (switching from iPhone). It came with Samsung Notes installed and I just assumed everyone was using "s notes" as shorthand for that app. Talk about confusing! They should have named it something completely different!

I downloaded the "S Notes" desktop app and tried to sync my Samsung Notes and it didn't work and now I know why...
    09-10-2016 11:02 AM
    My Note 7 is my first Samsung and Android phone (switching from iPhone). It came with Samsung Notes installed and I just assumed everyone was using "s notes" as shorthand for that app. Talk about confusing! They should have named it something completely different!

I downloaded the "S Notes" desktop app and tried to sync my Samsung Notes and it didn't work and now I know why...
    This is typical Samsung. At least now they are putting their apps on the play store (or galaxy app store). In the early days, the lack of updates to current software and poor support for old devices was maddening. Even today it isn't even close to what you get from Apple.

I always tell people, buy an Android device (especially Samsung) for what it IS NOW and not what it might be in the future.
    Dennis Piccioni likes this.
    09-11-2016 02:06 PM
    Not unless they release a companion app for windows in future.
    09-15-2016 02:06 AM
62 123