S Note vs Samsung Notes

mickmel

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Samsung Notes quite a bit already, given how convenient it is. However, I see that the old "S Note" app is installed as well, though notes from "Samsung Notes" don't show up in there.

I'm wanting a way to see these notes on my computer, and Samsung seems to have an "S Note" Windows app, but nothing for "Samsung Notes". I use Google Keep quite a bit, but the Keep interaction with the s-pen is not nearly as good as it is with the native Samsung apps.

So:
1 -- Is there any need for the "S Note" app anymore?
2 -- Is there any way to see the "Samsung Notes" notes on my PC?

Thanks!

sicunder36

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
S note is the note app, S Notes is all your notes, quick memos, etc

Posted via the Android Central App

He is taking about the new app that samsung has replaced snotes and other applications with i.e samsung notes. He knows what Snote is. Samsung notes was released with note 7.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I was a believer in the change to Samsung Notes, and combining all of those separate features... until I tried to use it.

Samsung Note does not do Photo notes (the kind that converts a photo in a line drawing you can edit), also the Action memo is gone. I initially didn't mind this, but after using it, the notes that Samsung Notes creates are much more limited, and wierd. Samsung went back to day 1 on this app, and ruined it. It is very under developed compared to S-Notes. Biggest mistake that they made with this device was crippling Notes.

So I reloaded S-Note (the one from the play store, NOT the one from Galaxy Store) I use it for notes, and action memo's. Saddly screen off notes only go to Samsung Notes, so I have to keep it around just for that.

If you want them all in one place, you can import your s-note data (including action memos) into samsung notes, from within the same device, as you need to. I'm not sure I am going to bother.

I hope with all of the extra features being separate from the OS and able to be updated without carrier interaction, maybe we can get Samsung Note fixed.

Todds7

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree 100%, for the life of me I can't understand why they would cripple the S Note app the way they have. As far as I can tell there are not extension packs for Samsung Notes like there were for S Note. These extensions allowed you to create shapes, create charts, transform items and so on. I'm not sure if they usage statistics that would indicate no one was using these things but I know that I was. The new Samsung Notes just seems to be a simple note app that many other apps can do. Don't know how to give Samsung feedback that would matter but the added features in S Note was what differentiated their app from the rest of the pack. I have recently installed an older version of S Note but it will not allow the charts extension nor the idea sketch on this device.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Also no way to record an SNote as you create it. Tho I have a feeling that I, and about six other people on the planet ever used it. I've been so aggravated since getting this phone. It's absolutely stunning, but I couldn't wait to get rid of my Note 5 after losing the battery & SD card. Dealing with the battery by using portable ones, got back my SD cards, but this whole SNote dumbing down thing is p*ssing me off. What, were these features too complicated for the average Note user? I doubt it.

Ingeneious

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
SIAP, but you can download the s note from the Google play store and the extensions from the galaxy app store. That's what i did and it's been working out tremendously for me.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
SIAP, but you can download the s note from the Google play store and the extensions from the galaxy app store. That's what i did and it's been working out tremendously for me.

I agree, there is a 90% work around (the screen off memos only go to samsung note) but that doesn't necessarily excuse the complete stupidity of dumbing down, stripping clean the real productivity features of S Note.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Looks like it's now gone from the play store. Logging in from my PC it says incompatible with ALL my devices (I still have my Note 3, 4, & 5, plus the 7), as well as the Note 10.1 and 12.2. I'd hurry and get that copy from the XDA link that's posted, and save a copy, lol!

droidtgray

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Does the version from the galaxy app store include action memo. Also if it does will it make a memo floating minimized when pressing the home button without saving?

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
S note is the note app, S Notes is all your notes, quick memos, etc

I change and Buy New phones every 6 months
will be getting S8 next

Which of these will Sync so i have my important notes always & can use it in my Next phone

Please

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
There are plenty of places to get the Action Memo version, check XDA, there is a guide to getting it back.
Yes, be sure to get it from XDA's link (that's the same version that WAS in google play. The one in Samsung's Galaxy Apps is newer, and as shown in one of the youtube videos, Action Memo only works a few times then got buggy. Works fine with the XDA version.

adkhkr

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
The new version of notes is such a step backwards. I hope they offer some upgrades soon. Even backgrounds have been taken away.