S Note vs Samsung Notes

Cmikos

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing here. Action Memo was the most used feature on my note 4. Had to have it. I was glad to see adding back an older version of S Note brought it back. I hope Samsung fixes this. I set my play store not to automatically update for fear the S Note will update and lose the functions I use most.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Wow, check out the the reviews in the play store for Samsung Notes. Lots of pissed people. Samsung is actually replying (I haven't posted a review yet, but I did post on their fb page & twitter, with no acknowledgement).

"Thank you for using Samsung Notes. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will carefully review your feedback, and improve it next version to resolve your discomfort."

Some of those canned replies were two days ago, and some folks are sharing how they downloaded the old SNotes as a workaround. Prob why it's missing now :/

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Wow, check out the the reviews in the play store for Samsung Notes. Lots of pissed people. Samsung is actually replying (I haven't posted a review yet, but I did post on their fb page & twitter, with no acknowledgement).

"Thank you for using Samsung Notes. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will carefully review your feedback, and improve it next version to resolve your discomfort."

Some of those canned replies were two days ago, and some folks are sharing how they downloaded the old SNotes as a workaround. Prob why it's missing now :/
I went to take a look at the reviews this morning and WOW! Great to see all the frustrated users having their voice heard. I definitely gave them one star and let them know how I feel about the downgrade.

At this point I'd be shocked if we don't see an update with a lot of the missing functionality put back.

Everyone be sure to go let them know how you feel.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Here's something confusing for me but maybe I'm just not understanding this correctly.

I had a meeting yesterday and used the Samsung Note app. Took notes during the meeting. However when the screen goes off, and I need to edit the note, or add to it, I put the pen near the screen and nothing happened. So I am sitting there trying to figure this out since I remember simply putting the pen near the screen with my Note 5 and editing.

I touched the screen over and over and nothing. Finally I held the pen on the screen itself applying a little pressure and then options opened up above.

What am I doing wrong? Isn't there an easier way to edit notes immediately?

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Here's something confusing for me but maybe I'm just not understanding this correctly.

I had a meeting yesterday and used the Samsung Note app. Took notes during the meeting. However when the screen goes off, and I need to edit the note, or add to it, I put the pen near the screen and nothing happened. So I am sitting there trying to figure this out since I remember simply putting the pen near the screen with my Note 5 and editing.

I touched the screen over and over and nothing. Finally I held the pen on the screen itself applying a little pressure and then options opened up above.

I'm having a little trouble following you. I opened Samsung Notes and took a note. Waited for my screen to go dark. The Always On screen came on. Nothing can be done from this point until I wake the phone. I wake the phone and continue to write or edit my Note.

Are you saying you were expecting the pen to wake the phone or that once the phone goes to sleep it is saving the Note and you have to go back into an "edit" mode for the displayed note?

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site

Do you have Air Command turned on?
Also check Air View

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
With my Note 5, when I am writing an S Note and I just let the phone go to sleep by itself , I can wake up the phone and the S Note screen is still there and I just continue to write on the screen without doing anything.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Just realized amongst all its other lackings, if you need a second "page" to your note (using Samsung Notes), you can't add a page. You can only make it a "longer" note (image really), which of course is uneditable later.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Since Samsung is starting to reply in the play store, tho kinda limited, mentioning maybe restoring "some" of S Note's features, maybe we could compile a list of necessary functions that need to come back. Maybe sticky it here, and then we could all link to it in our play store reviews?

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed the SNote version on my N5 is older than the XDA one. I wonder if that has any other features, like maybe charts and tasks work? I'll install it later today and try.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed the SNote version on my N5 is older than the XDA one. I wonder if that has any other features, like maybe charts and tasks work? I'll install it later today and try.

EDITED to add:
I did try it.

Action Memo:
- Tasks works
- Link to contacts and messages is NOT there, yet IS on the Note 5.

S Note:
- Photo note is there
- Insert Easy Chart, Idea Sketch are Scrapbook are not

It also crashed on about ever 15-20 memos/notes it was importing (in all fairness, I do have over 500). This did not happen with the XDA version. So you trade a lot to get tasks working. ALL of which would be resolved if Samsung just listens to its customers.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
They are now replying to negative reviews on Google play that action memo will return in Samsung Notes 1.2 before late september.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
'
Good news indeed if true!
Eh, maybe. Adding Action Memo to Samsung Notes sucks, since Samsung Notes sucks. Action Memo was just one of the many, many features they stripped when they removed S Note....from the NOTE :/

And of course they're doing this, if at all, after most of us can return the phone.

One of my sons just got the S7 Edge yesterday. Really feels like they threw an S-Pen in one and called it a Note. I've never been so pissed about spending nearly $1K.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax