S Note vs Samsung Notes

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Eh, maybe. Adding Action Memo to Samsung Notes sucks, since Samsung Notes sucks. Action Memo was just one of the many, many features they stripped when they removed S Note....from the NOTE :/

And of course they're doing this, if at all, after most of us can return the phone.

I can sense your frustration. I don't use it heavily enough that I can't wait for it to be added back. Perhaps they'll add the rest back too hopefully. I love the features in Notes. Call me crazy.

One of my sons just got the S7 Edge yesterday. Really feels like they threw an S-Pen in one and called it a Note.

I don't agree with that at all, but I don't want to get into that again :)

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Samsung's newest canned reply to a number of reviewers doesn't leave me hopeful for S Notes returning:

"Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry about your inconvenience. We would appreciate it if you could explain your problem in detail."
(https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.samsung.android.app.notes&token=RrvUktIH)

Hundreds (maybe?) of reviewers have been "explaining their problem in detail" for days now, listing all of the features/functions that we lost when they took away S Notes.

Why don't we compile an all inclusive list of all the missing features, and as many of us as possible post the same list to them in the play store, facebook, and twitter, email, etc., maybe they may actually hear us and not give patronizing answers. I get the feeling if they try to update this awful app, it's just going to be a bigger, hotter mess than it already is. They're not even reinventing the wheel, they're uninventing fire. Just bring the full featured S Notes back and ditch Samsung Notes.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It is, and it's great that they listened to all of our squeaky wheels. But that's just one feature that was removed. S Note needs to be available again (the fully functioning version, not the one in the Galaxy App Store we're now being referred to in Samsung's replies). Samsung Notes needs to go.
Samsung Notes should have kept all the neat stuff in the older Note apps but consolidated into one app.

Right now, it's overly simplified.

Tanitani

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
The Play store page telling me that the app is incompatible with all my devices? I have a Note 3 and a Note 7 as well. The Samsung Note app is ridiculous. It did away with Action Memo, and more importantly my notebooks lost their cover which helped me in navigating them. :( WT heck? I want my S Note back.

Dennis Piccioni

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
My Note 7 is my first Samsung and Android phone (switching from iPhone). It came with Samsung Notes installed and I just assumed everyone was using "s notes" as shorthand for that app. Talk about confusing! They should have named it something completely different!

I downloaded the "S Notes" desktop app and tried to sync my Samsung Notes and it didn't work and now I know why...

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
My Note 7 is my first Samsung and Android phone (switching from iPhone). It came with Samsung Notes installed and I just assumed everyone was using "s notes" as shorthand for that app. Talk about confusing! They should have named it something completely different!

I downloaded the "S Notes" desktop app and tried to sync my Samsung Notes and it didn't work and now I know why...

This is typical Samsung. At least now they are putting their apps on the play store (or galaxy app store). In the early days, the lack of updates to current software and poor support for old devices was maddening. Even today it isn't even close to what you get from Apple.

I always tell people, buy an Android device (especially Samsung) for what it IS NOW and not what it might be in the future.

sicunder36

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
When my Galaxy note 3 neo was updated to lollipop 5 months back. My Snote and action memo became one but Photo note feature was not incuded in the upgrade. My Snote application was upgraded to match the looks of Note5' Snote but it wasn't the same, lacking in many featutes. That day i realised Samsung is not Apple or Microsoft, it's a hardware company so it doesn't care about your longterm workflow. If you buy any laptop, surface pro1 or lenovo helix2, the Onenote programme will have all the same features. If you buy a macbook pro 2010 or macbook air 2013, evernote for macOS you download will be the same programme independent of your hardware. Nexus 6 or oneplus one Google keep works the same. But that's not the case with samsung, your software is tied to your hardware. They have different Snote versions running on different devices. Samsung software is not reliable for longterm use. And i can bet that samsung note/snote software that will be released with Note8 will not be backwards compatible with Note7 and Note 5. While Evernote an Onenote will continue to work in the same reliable way wether your phone is a cutting edge Samsung Note7 or a $150 android phone released 1 years ago.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
So let me get this straight.... they got rid of the features from s note and the only way to get them back use to download the old app?

jamesw0906

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
I was a believer in the change to Samsung Notes, and combining all of those separate features... until I tried to use it.

Samsung Note does not do Photo notes (the kind that converts a photo in a line drawing you can edit), also the Action memo is gone. I initially didn't mind this, but after using it, the notes that Samsung Notes creates are much more limited, and wierd. Samsung went back to day 1 on this app, and ruined it. It is very under developed compared to S-Notes. Biggest mistake that they made with this device was crippling Notes.

So I reloaded S-Note (the one from the play store, NOT the one from Galaxy Store) I use it for notes, and action memo's. Saddly screen off notes only go to Samsung Notes, so I have to keep it around just for that.

If you want them all in one place, you can import your s-note data (including action memos) into samsung notes, from within the same device, as you need to. I'm not sure I am going to bother.

I hope with all of the extra features being separate from the OS and able to be updated without carrier interaction, maybe we can get Samsung Note fixed.

jamesw0906

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
I agree with you 100%. S- note is much much better than samsung notes. For example, I used to be able to copy a new Spanish word to the clipboard, and then copy it to the exact position that I wanted in a S-note. Also I could have it translated into English with no problem. The translation feature with the s pen does not work translating Spanish into English.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to edit pictures by cutting faces and adding them to another picture and I couldn't figure out how to do it. Is there a way with the new APP

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I was a believer in the change to Samsung Notes, and combining all of those separate features... until I tried to use it.

Samsung Note does not do Photo notes (the kind that converts a photo in a line drawing you can edit), also the Action memo is gone. I initially didn't mind this, but after using it, the notes that Samsung Notes creates are much more limited, and wierd. Samsung went back to day 1 on this app, and ruined it. It is very under developed compared to S-Notes. Biggest mistake that they made with this device was crippling Notes.

So I reloaded S-Note (the one from the play store, NOT the one from Galaxy Store) I use it for notes, and action memo's. Saddly screen off notes only go to Samsung Notes, so I have to keep it around just for that.

If you want them all in one place, you can import your s-note data (including action memos) into samsung notes, from within the same device, as you need to. I'm not sure I am going to bother.

I hope with all of the extra features being separate from the OS and able to be updated without carrier interaction, maybe we can get Samsung Note fixed.
Thank God, I thought I was the only one that needed action memos in my life.

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I noticed the difference too. Samsung Notes also opens SNote files as almost images.

Say if you used a template. Like a purple looseleaf paper template. Notes opens the file as an object That can be resized. If the file had a good amount of text in it. You will lose some of it. You will have to fight to tap that arrow to see the rest. A process quite annoying too. Half the time you cant tap it. Other Times you are reformatting the page when you try.

I am also gonna shoot back to Snote. Also anyone now have issues with syncing? The PC Snote app Won't even sync now. PC version comes in handy at times.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12