This drives me crazy. The brightness changes frequently. It happened on my note3 but I thought it was just showing it's age. Now it's doing it again on my note7. I have the brightness at max without AUTO checked. It should always stay at max, correct? Does anyone know why it does this?
    08-20-2016 12:32 AM
    This drives me crazy. The brightness changes frequently. It happened on my note3 but I thought it was just showing it's age. Now it's doing it again on my note7. I have the brightness at max without AUTO checked. It should always stay at max, correct? Does anyone know why it does this?
    Not sure but maybe Adaptive Display in Screen Mode is causing it
    Christine Aflak likes this.
    08-20-2016 12:41 AM
    Yea I saw that in the settings but I dont know which other one to choose. The adaptive display seems alot brighter than the others.
    08-20-2016 01:00 AM
    You're going to get some burn-in eventually and have terrible screen on time if you keep it at max brightness.
    08-20-2016 01:36 AM
    Same thing happens to me I noticed whenever I open YouTube and get some really bright
    08-20-2016 02:21 AM
    There is some kind of display setting called video assist or something that I accidentally turned on and it was evil! It only kicks in when you launch a video app like Youtube or Netflix and it cranks up the brightness and color saturation to scary levels! I forget if the setting is under display or one of the device maintenance / advanced settings but it's worth checking it out. The first time you launch a video app, it pops up a message asking if you want to turn it on and if you're like me and tend to just click those away before really reading them, it might have been enabled.
    08-20-2016 02:39 AM
    Video enhancer under advanced features.
    08-20-2016 05:51 AM
    There is some kind of display setting called video assist or something that I accidentally turned on and it was evil! It only kicks in when you launch a video app like Youtube or Netflix and it cranks up the brightness and color saturation to scary levels! I forget if the setting is under display or one of the device maintenance / advanced settings but it's worth checking it out. The first time you launch a video app, it pops up a message asking if you want to turn it on and if you're like me and tend to just click those away before really reading them, it might have been enabled.
    Agree, the video enhancer is just pure evil. Too bright and too saturated. Battery life sucks with it too.
    08-20-2016 07:53 AM
    I was just about to make a post about this. "Video enhancer" is def making changes to the brightness and it is not reflected in the brightness slider in the quick toggles. If you switch video enhancer on and launch any video app you can see your screen brightness go up, sometimes significantly.
    dsignori likes this.
    08-20-2016 08:23 AM
    Yea I saw that in the settings but I dont know which other one to choose. The adaptive display seems alot brighter than the others.
    There was a link on the forum to testing done by a group called DisplayMates. They tested all of the color, brightness, contrast, and other settings/features of the Note 7 display. They recommend setting the screen to "basic" for most true to life color shading as well as most viewing conditions (indoors and in dark rooms) with "adaptive" being recommended for bright light conditions (outdoors).

Try the basic setting (don't let the name make you think its inferior - its the most accurate color setting on the phone).
    08-20-2016 11:09 AM
    You're going to get some burn-in eventually and have terrible screen on time if you keep it at max brightness.
    I only keep it on max brightness for an hour or so for video when I get home.
    08-21-2016 08:52 AM
    Holy Jesus...how can you tell, if your running your phone at max brightness all the time...your corneas have to be burned out of your head. I was about to make a post about the fact that I think auto brightness isn't aggressive enough...I'm always moving my slider backwards...not forward...
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    08-21-2016 08:59 AM
    There was a link on the forum to testing done by a group called DisplayMates. They tested all of the color, brightness, contrast, and other settings/features of the Note 7 display. They recommend setting the screen to "basic" for most true to life color shading as well as most viewing conditions (indoors and in dark rooms) with "adaptive" being recommended for bright light conditions (outdoors).

Try the basic setting (don't let the name make you think its inferior - its the most accurate color setting on the phone).
    I use Adaptive most often because I keep my brightness below 50%. On any mode other than Adaptive when the brightness is so low the whites aren't white at all. If the brightness is over 50% Basic looks fine though.
    08-21-2016 09:18 AM
    Holy Jesus...how can you tell, if your running your phone at max brightness all the time...your corneas have to be burned out of your head. I was about to make a post about the fact that I think auto brightness isn't aggressive enough...I'm always moving my slider backwards...not forward...
    Refer to my post above yours. I keep my brightness at about 70-75% through out the day. I like to take advantage of the display samsung provides. No, I've never had screen burn in and my battery is terrific. The video enhancer makes sense as to why this change of brightness is happening but why is it happening to my note 3?
    09-30-2016 10:47 PM
    I don't know why all those so-called experts praise samsungs displays. They never stay at the brightness that you set them. No matter what settings or brightness you set the display it will always go up and down on its own. I asked one of the sprint guys at the store about it. He checked all my settings and didn't have a clue about why it does it so he told me it was a feature of the phone to save battery..... Sure it is buddy. I'm going to try a different company for my next phone. Maybe Motorola.
    10-01-2016 03:56 AM
    This was happening to me occasionally but I saw on a thread a suggestion and since making that change it's gone away !?

I normally have my brightness all the way to the right at irs brightess but normally I do not have the " auto " clicked but since having it on the random brightness has stopped ..... go figure ??
    10-01-2016 05:46 AM
    Refer to my post above yours. I keep my brightness at about 70-75% through out the day. I like to take advantage of the display samsung provides. No, I've never had screen burn in and my battery is terrific. The video enhancer makes sense as to why this change of brightness is happening but why is it happening to my note 3?
    You must not use your phone much. My screen is at 50% auto brightness and my Note 5 has screen burn-in.
    10-01-2016 12:28 PM
    I'm really enjoying the blue light on a timer, easy on the eyes nice feature
    10-01-2016 03:50 PM
    You must not use your phone much. My screen is at 50% auto brightness and my Note 5 has screen burn-in.
    Of course, because if it happens to you, then it must happen to everyone. Nice logic. Anyway, my screen brightness hasn't changed since turning off advanced video. I just can't explain why it was happening to my note 3. Oh well, as long as my note7 is well.
    10-01-2016 09:22 PM
    I use Video Enhancer, brightness at around 80, and Blue Light timer for night. I usually get 8 hours of SOT and 1 and a half days of battery. With no issues.
    10-01-2016 09:33 PM
    I use Video Enhancer, brightness at around 80, and Blue Light timer for night. I usually get 8 hours of SOT and 1 and a half days of battery. With no issues.
    How much YouTube or other video apps do you use daily?
    10-01-2016 09:38 PM
    It depends. YouTube 4 hours or more, I also use Spotify, gaming emulators, reading comics in Comicat. Then browsing on chrome.
    10-09-2016 10:40 PM
    It depends. YouTube 4 hours or more, I also use Spotify, gaming emulators, reading comics in Comicat. Then browsing on chrome.
    10-09-2016 10:40 PM