So, no good lock for the Note 7?

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
All I want to do is double-tap notifications on the lock screen to open them (like a Nexus). Tapping once then swiping is silly (always has been)...

Anyone know why good lock isn't in Samsung's store?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
There may be an updated one coming soon that supports the iris scanner and many of the Note7's functions.

I wouldn't hold your breath, though.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been double tapping notifications on the AOD, iris scanner pops up and bam! I'm looking at whatever notification I double tapped....
If that's not the same as what your reffing to, then please disregard....

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I've been double tapping notifications on the AOD, iris scanner pops up and bam! I'm looking at whatever notification I double tapped....
If that's not the same as what your reffing to, then please disregard....
He's talking about Good Lock, a UI overhaul for recent Samsung devices that not only completely changes the lockscreen, but also gives a more AOSP-like status-bar and quick settings, along with a different way to handle notifications.

It doesn't seem to be available in the Galaxy Apps Store right now. My guess is that they're giving it an overhaul with Nougat-esque notifications and new stuff plus support for the Note7 and its iris-scanner.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
He's talking about Good Lock, a UI overhaul for recent Samsung devices that not only completely changes the lockscreen, but also gives a more AOSP-like status-bar and quick settings, along with a different way to handle notifications.

It doesn't seem to be available in the Galaxy Apps Store right now. My guess is that they're giving it an overhaul with Nougat-esque notifications and new stuff plus support for the Note7 and its iris-scanner.
That's for filling me in on that.... I kinda of thought he was not referring to the regular AOD....

gootoohell

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
All I want to do is double-tap notifications on the lock screen to open them (like a Nexus). Tapping once then swiping is silly (always has been)...

Anyone know why good lock isn't in Samsung's store?

Ok so i have it on my note 7. You have to side load it. The first site when you type" good lock note 7" in Google.
Hope this helps

Marco Hill

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Ok so i have it on my note 7. You have to side load it. The first site when you type" good lock note 7" in Google.
Hope this helps

I sideloaded as well. You lose iris unlock, but other than that, it seems to work fine. Like was said above, they're probably working on a new version of Good Lock with iris support.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1