Really upset about the scratch situation

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
With all the threads going around about how sensitive this thing is to scratches I had no choice but to get a case and TRY keywords try to find somewhat of a usable screen protector. I'm currently using that hardly covers anything at all....

I'm going to give it a week for something usable to show up on the market that covers even the edges , if I can't find anything I'll go naked....and if I get one scratch I'm taking it back to the store.

I wanted to enjoy the beauty of this phone without it being damaged so easily. For the price tag this should not even be a thing. I could go out and buy a decent laptop for this price.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Zagg HD Dry set of covers and Verizon put them on for me...covers edge to edge AND covers the BACK of the phone for protection. $29.99 I think US. Then I stuck mine in an OEM case from Verizon that protects well but leaves the dges available. Feeling fairly well protected here.

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I also havetthay screen protector on mine. Then I jave the Samsung s view case in blue on it. Love this phone.
I bought a Zagg HD Dry set of covers and Verizon put them on for me...covers edge to edge AND covers the BACK of the phone for protection. $29.99 I think US. Then I stuck mine in an OEM case from Verizon that protects well but leaves the dges available. Feeling fairly well protected here.

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the Zagg screen protector but the edge of my case meets the edge of the screen protector and keep pushing it up.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
My phone came scratch out the box I have a scratch on the bottom left-hand side and as well on the SIM card tray I called T-Mobile for a replacement and they're giving me such a hard time

PorkPistol

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
With all the threads going around about how sensitive this thing is to scratches I had no choice but to get a case and TRY keywords try to find somewhat of a usable screen protector. I'm currently using that hardly covers anything at all....

I'm going to give it a week for something usable to show up on the market that covers even the edges , if I can't find anything I'll go naked....and if I get one scratch I'm taking it back to the store.

I wanted to enjoy the beauty of this phone without it being damaged so easily. For the price tag this should not even be a thing. I could go out and buy a decent laptop for this price.
Good luck on returning a phone you failed to protect and scratchd lol.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have an iq shield with the unicorn beetle pro and it's the perfect combination. The case actually holds the edges of the screen cover down. However if i take the case off there might be issues.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My phone came scratch out the box I have a scratch on the bottom left-hand side and as well on the SIM card tray I called T-Mobile for a replacement and they're giving me such a hard time

I hate to say this but I would wait a week and then try to get an exchange and tell them the battery seems faulty or it keeps overheating or something like that. They should exchange for any reason without a damaged phone within the 14 days but it doesn't seem that simple.

Posted via the Android Central App

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I have ordered the s view cover so will be using that more often than not. If you are careful I'm sure the screen will be fine. That video was a guy trying to harm the phone..not real world usage.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
How is it that this thing scratched and it has gorilla glass 5 are you kidding me it should be resistant to them. If you all have this already it's a failure on samsung or corning

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried a old remedy.... Ghost armor? Yes they still exist at least here in Arizona. I may try for the screen.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Don't get a case or screen protector. Just spring for Samsung's protection plan. Use it full tilt, if it gets beat up or scratches, then it "gets broken" - pay the deductible and get a new one. Sell the new one if something better is out (sell as new, max profit).

Or drop the same amount on cases and screen protectors with no damage warranty.

It's really up to you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1