my messages did not come over with smartswitch. any way to transfer them?

phone all set up. if i try smartswitch agaim & only click messages will it wipe phone or only transfer messages

I cannot find smartswitch app on note 7 to try again wirelessly. Is app only for wired transfer? Does using nova make app disapper from app drawer
    Debo Rivera likes this.
    08-20-2016 06:28 AM
    Do you have Verizon. If you do Verizon's messages app will save and transfer everything over. If not I don't have any other ideas unfortunately.
    08-20-2016 06:31 AM
    I have vzw. Messages were not transfered. I use stock message app on note 3. I do not use vzw cloud. No way to repeat smartswitch or some other app to transfer thrm?
    08-20-2016 06:34 AM
    I have vzw. Messages were not transfered. I use stock message app on note 3. I do not use vzw cloud. No way to repeat smartswitch or some other app to transfer thrm?
    Did you try opening the Verizon message app on the Note 7? I was using an iPhone while waiting for my Note and anything that wasn't an imessage was there. I obviously wasn't using it on the iphone and the messages were there.
    08-20-2016 06:57 AM
    I was using a Note 3 with the stock message app which I believe is Google messages but might be Samsung messages. At first I set up the Verizon app for messages on the phone because I heard it was good but no messages came over. Is it possible to run Smart Switch again and this time only to the messages? I don't want to lose the setup I have already done.

Why doesn't Smart Switch show up as an app in the Note 7? The only way I can see it is to actually connect with the wires.
    08-20-2016 07:00 AM
    Download Verizon messages on the Note 3. Let it sync. Then hit restore on the Note 7.
    08-20-2016 07:06 AM
    To open smart switch again, you have to go to settings, backup and restore, then smart switch. You can do it wirelessly. I had to run it a gew times to get everything I needed transferred
    08-20-2016 07:15 AM
    To open smart switch again, you have to go to settings, backup and restore, then smart switch. You can do it wirelessly. I had to run it a gew times to get everything I needed transferred
    Thank you very much. Now my phone is mostly set up. My apps to set up and so forth. If I run it again will it disturb the stuff I've already done. I only want to run it again to get the messages. If I do that is it going to mess up anything else? Thanks again!
    08-20-2016 07:24 AM
    I had to run smart switch twice.
    08-20-2016 07:37 AM
    Thank you very much. Now my phone is mostly set up. My apps to set up and so forth. If I run it again will it disturb the stuff I've already done. I only want to run it again to get the messages. If I do that is it going to mess up anything else? Thanks again!
    When I ran it again, I only chose things that were missing. So I don't know how it would work if a complete rerun was done
    08-20-2016 07:45 AM
    You can just do the messages and nothing else
    recDNA likes this.
    08-20-2016 07:45 AM