Google voice typing issue

Tikal769

May 28, 2013
Visit site
How to do i set google voice typing instead samsung voice in text?

I can manually switch it to google voice typing in the middle of the text, but the setting wont stay. It will default back to samsung voice next text.

anyone else having this issue?

Gabriel Tagnani

May 9, 2014
Visit site

I can manually switch it to google voice typing in the middle of the text, but the setting wont stay. It will default back to samsung voice next text.

Yes I've been trying to figure it out on my note 7 And keeps going back to Samsung voice input. It's driving me nuts cause it's horrible. I want to set it as default and i did but it won't stay. I have to switch to it while texting them it goes back to Samsung voice typing

svenb352

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It was driving me nuts too. I ended up switching to the Google keyboard and it has been on Google ever since thank God. The Samsung S Voice one is awful in their default keyboard.

Gearswinger

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

Settings, general management, language and input, default keyboard, setup input methods. In there you can disable the Samsung voice input method and it'll default to Google. Also jump back to the language and input menu and scroll down to Text-to-Speech and select Google in there.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Settings, general management, language and input, default keyboard, setup input methods. In there you can disable the Samsung voice input method and it'll default to Google. Also jump back to the language and input menu and scroll down to Text-to-Speech and select Google in there.

I can't disable samsung voice. It's there and I can't do anything with it.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If i turn off Samsung voice input the microphone won't even turn on. Samsung voice is terrible.

Posted via the Android Central App

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

If i turn off Samsung voice input the microphone won't even turn on. Samsung voice is terrible.

The last step is what you need. You have to select Google as your text-to-speech provider.

Samsung's is as "good" as Apple's Siri - which is awful. LOL!!

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Edit: I see how to disable it now. the "setup input methods" is what i missed. Even so, after disabling it, nothing comes up with the microphone button using the Samsung keyboard. I have Google Voice typing set up fine, but it won't work on the Samsung Keyboard.

The last step is what you need. You have to select Google as your text-to-speech provider.

"Text to Speech" is reading your texts, that is not relevant here. Speech-to-text, "Voice input" or Dictation, is what folks are looking for here. I can';t figure this out either

Last edited:

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

Ok after reading this thread again I was in the wrong place, but found where to turn it off and I'm now experiencing what you are...it just doesn't work at all.

Add this to the non functional autocorrect Samsung keyboard...I'm getting rather annoyed. Autocorrect works somewhat, but not how it should. When I type on my Galaxy S7 stuff corrects when I hit the space key but it won't do it on the Note. And why on earth do I even have a Samsung account at all when I have to recreate my shortcut words every.single.time I change devices or reset? Shouldn't they sync????

Anyway, I can't get Google voice input to work either. :(

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
"Text to Speech" is reading your texts, that is not relevant here. Speech-to-text, "Voice input" or Dictation, is what folks are looking for here. I can';t figure this out either

That may be, but all I know is that when I changed that Text to Speech to Google's, my voice input was a heck of a lot better than before.

But YMMV.

Tikal769

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I ended up switching to swiftkey keyboard. Google voice is integrated and works perfectly.

I actually liked the default samsung keyboard, but i need google voice. Hopefully they update it and let you switch it up.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I ended up switching to swiftkey keyboard. Google voice is integrated and works perfectly.

I actually liked the default samsung keyboard, but i need google voice. Hopefully they update it and let you switch it up.

I love Swiftkey, it's fantastic. I do like the Samsung keyboard too, and I also would like to get that Google Voice input, but I can't get it going, even following what all the folks have done here. I'll end up back on Swiftkey as well.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I did do the final step and tried it again this morning. Still not working. Once I turn off Samsung Voice Input I can no longer use the speaker.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Well i was just trying to do this at lunch today, this is my first Android phone, i was wanting to send a text (using the verizon messgae app) and for the life of me i could not find a way to do Speach to text.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois