"check port" moisture warning

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Put on a wet application screen protector last night. And ever since then I'm getting this "check port" moisture notification. Any one know where the moisture detector is and how to dry it out?

0e59556641d2a131eb55968998d1ff90.jpg

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Plugging in a usb c cable fixed it. I was wireless charging, I guess once the moisture is triggered it repeatedly reminds you to check the ports until you plug one in.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Try swiping away the notification. It dont go away on its own. If it is still wet it will pop back up

Posted via the Android Central App

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you try a restart? If so then try a little rubbing alcohol. I know my note 5 wouldn't charge once cause of water getting to the port on a rainy day.

Jeff Anderson5

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Did you try a restart? If so then try a little rubbing alcohol. I know my note 5 wouldn't charge once cause of water getting to the port on a rainy day.

I began getting this message about 5 days ago. It goes away for awhile but then comes back. I've blown in the port, charged with a USB-C connector, restarted my phone and still it continues to return. Has anyone else had this type of continuing issue and found a resolution that permanently fixed it?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I began getting this message about 5 days ago. It goes away for awhile but then comes back. I've blown in the port, charged with a USB-C connector, restarted my phone and still it continues to return. Has anyone else had this type of continuing issue and found a resolution that permanently fixed it?
Mine came back a few more times after I thought I fixed it then it went away for good.

E60351

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Having a very similar except I only get it when I plug in a certain car charger. It worked just fine and then I put it in water and ever since then every other charging method works just fine with the exception of this lone charger. Other usb-c chargers do not give the warning. I've done everything you have as well. No idea wtf is going on.

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Very disappointing issue, considering the IP certification of this device...
Its an issue because of the IP certification. They don't want you to put a charger in if the device is still wet.

Maybe if you put it in water and then let it dry? Would be the equivalent of turning it off and on again I guess.

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Its an issue because of the IP certification. They don't want you to put a charger in if the device is still wet.

Maybe if you put it in water and then let it dry? Would be the equivalent of turning it off and on again I guess.

Yes, of course, and it is misbehaving. It might be a good idea that the affected ones notify Samsung.