I am seriously contemplating upgrading to a Verizon Note 7.

However droid life has noted that the display is super warm by default, the settings menu is not the new one released by Samsung, and it's apparently missing other features that are in other carriers models.

Do you have a vzw note 7? is all this true? How does performance compare to the S7 edge??

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-20-2016 08:09 AM
    I have the Verizon model. The settings menu is not the new one but the same that is on previous Galaxy devices. As much as that is annoying I can understand why they do it in order to keep the costs of retraining their support staff lower.

The Samsung Cloud is also not on here. Again this bothers me more intellectually than anything that actually affects me. I use Dropbox and other services so it's not a big deal. I do have a feeling that eventually it'll show up at some point.

I've been very happy with it. I got 4 hours of screen time yesterday and that's after installing and configuring 30 or so apps. That's a lot better than my Note 5 could do!
    08-20-2016 08:12 AM
    There is another thread on this here. Specifically DL is saying VZW has a warmer temperature screen setting, ad block on the browser is disabled, smart settings suggestions are gone, Device Management settings section gone, and RAM management settings gone.

Some of it is debunked or false. The screen is just a issue on his, not on all Verizon's. Mine is fine. The other pieces missing may not matter to you (or they may). I would read through it. This was my comment on that thread:

- I am trying the Samsung Internet Browser (for the first time mind you), and I added the ad blocker fine. It is fast this way too, wow :-)
    - My screen temperature looks nothing like that one pictured, it is much more neutral (or blue-ish). I guess they got a bad one, or one that is just off. I wonder if they bothered to ask any other VZ users if their screen is yellow-ish before blaming it on Verizon. I would bet anything VZW is NOT calibrating screen hue, come on here :-)
    - Taking away RAM management is not gimping, it's actually helping by removing the silliness, YMMV
    - I couldn't care less about the Settings layout. I see so many people wetting their pant over this, and I guess that's what may be important to them. Not to me however. The settings are fine, I prefer this layout to the new one.

Droid Life does tend toward the dramatic with their comments, and their reviews as well, so I am not surprised by this.

All that said, for the things that are ACTUALLY true from Droid Life (not the screen temperature, and not the ad-blocker gate), VZW should stay out of it IMO and leave the device alone. VZ did remove the Samsung Cloud also, which I am pissed about...
    08-20-2016 08:15 AM
    I've had every Note(all Verizon) and this one is step forward just like the others were. This is by far the best build and my favorite UI. I tend not to go looking for reasons to not like a phone though so maybe I'm weird.
    sangs and dakini03 like this.
    08-20-2016 08:17 AM
    Is there a theme that changes the menu to match?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-20-2016 08:39 AM
    loving mine...upgraded from g edge 6...the sides arent sharp and it handles multiple apps and games easy. Just gets hot when I use system update or restart for a little when that green config on MAX brightness comes on.. verizon black onyx made in korea. costco gave 0 discount.
    08-20-2016 08:46 AM
    I just recently watched a review of a Note 7 and they were using a Verizon version. I was wondering why the settings app looked so dif compared to my AT&T note 7.
    08-20-2016 08:52 AM
    Is the settings menu different? Yes, it is. Does that matter? Depends on how you use your Note I guess. I don't really go into the settings much after initial setup, but if one likes to be in the Settings menu with some sort of regularity and the difference between the Verizon look and the true Samsung look is disconcerting, then you might not like it. Now, why somebody would be in the Settings menu that much is another topic.

As for the screen temp, it was one of two things for that ill-informed poster on Droid Life. They either had their Note with the Blue Light Filter active or they had the Display setting on Basic and not Adaptive. Those are the only two things I could do to recreate the look that poster had.

The RAM Management tools are gone, that is true. But the RAM Management tools were created by a company called Cheetah Mobile. Do a quick Google search on them and then be glad Verizon left their tools off your Note. Just get it and enjoy.
    dakini03 likes this.
    08-20-2016 09:45 AM