Haptic Feedback - noisy?

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
First, and coming from a Note5, I love this phone. The speed, feel in hand, camera, vibration motor, and even the audio have left more more than impressed. Thus far, has exceeded my high and admittedly nit-picky expectations.

Question, though. When using the keyboard at the lowest vibration intensity (set in Sound & Vibration settings), with keyboard sounds off, does anyone else hear a click? It doesn't sound "abnormal", I'm just not used to it. My Note5 was more of a very slight vibration feel throughout. It almost sounds like a keyboard sound is on and making a click noise on each keypress.

Can someone check their unit and let me know if it does this?

Even at other levels of intensity, I can hear the vibration motor on/of whereas in the Note5, you felt it only. Wondering if this a defect or a result of the more powerful motor. Thanks for the input.

Edit: tried it out with Google keyboard as well. Setting the Google keyboard to 1-2ms vibration length seems to equal the lowest setting for the Samsung keyboard and elicit the same click sound. Again, vibration is noisier at other levels too.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I guess I hear a slight click if I really listen for it. Not nearly as loud as if the sound was on but it's there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908