08-25-2016 01:10 PM
119 1234 ...
tools
    I'm switching from the iPhone 6s plus and had some concerns after the first day. I'm starting day 3 now and I'm really starting to like the Note. It's normal to try and use android like you use the iPhone but it is just different and you need to give it at least a couple weeks of daily use to see if you like it.

For me, the display is better and bigger, it is noticeably lighter, and it is easier to hold for one handed use. The camera is amazing. The battery is not as good as the 6s plus but it is pretty good. Of course, if been setting it up since I got it so once I'm done with that, I'll see what normal use will be like.

I use Google for my email, calendar, and contacts so no issues with moving that over. Apple Music for Android is really good. BTW, the rest of my family are on iPhones and we have Apple everything. IMacs, Macbooks, iPad Pros, Apple TVs, Apple Music family subscription... needless to say we are all in on the Apple ecosystem. That being said, I think the Note7 will work for me.

I haven't even played with the S-pen yet. I'm on T-Mobile JOD, so if the iPhone 7, is not great, I'll be sticking with the Samsung until the iphone 8 next year.

Give the old college try before you switch back.
    Bluehair62 likes this.
    08-20-2016 01:42 PM
    Was thinking I can switch from iPhone to note 7 but after one day with the note I don't think I can. Still can't get it to work with my car stereo and batt seems to go down the drain so fast. I think im just gonna keep my iPhone and return note 7
    Trust me when I say give it time. I'm always kind of stressed instead of excited when I get a new phone. The battery will get better. Uninstall any apps that you don't use and unclutter your phone. There's also alot of power saving options.
    T48 likes this.
    08-20-2016 01:42 PM
    I just bought this car. Purple months ago. It's a brand new 2015 and I'm first owner. I never deleted anything. With iPhone all I had to do is plug it in to usb and worked just fine
    08-20-2016 01:43 PM
    Trying to bluetooth to the stereo can be a bit of a pain. Mine didnt want to connect. I had to delete the old phone out of the radio. Then scan bluetooth on the phone after putting the Source on the radio to bluetooth. Then it connected.
    I had the same issue with my note 5 and gmc terrain. And it was a pain always having to manually connect everytime i got into the car. So i said f* it and filled a 32gb flash drive with music and connected that to that car..

Has anyone tried the samsung auto dongle?
    08-20-2016 01:47 PM
    Check with the return policy... Most are 14 days... I would recommend trying it for at least a week
    Viscomi4444 and libra89 like this.
    08-20-2016 01:48 PM
    I had the same issue with my note 5 and gmc terrain. And it was a pain always having to manually connect everytime i got into the car. So i said f* it and filled a 32gb flash drive with music and connected that to that car..

Has anyone tried the samsung auto dongle?
    Lol. My wife has 128Gb in her radio usb. She got tired of the phone calls on the radio cuz she couldn't listen to music and talk.
    Delirious D likes this.
    08-20-2016 01:54 PM
    I just bought this car. Purple months ago. It's a brand new 2015 and I'm first owner. I never deleted anything. With iPhone all I had to do is plug it in to usb and worked just fine
    Curious if your 2015 car may have Apple car play & not Android auto? That aside, am with others in saying give it closer to the 14 day mark. You are changing from what you are used to for the past x year(s). Its always a bit of a learning curve. Am sure youtube will be loaded up with Note 7 vs Apple everything before the weekend is over & you can see some side by side differences.
    08-20-2016 01:59 PM
    I have 2015 Ford Focus with touch sinc if that means anything. Before I got the phone I check and it said its android comp So I went for it. Wanna be able to use use to play music and charge my phone
    08-20-2016 02:13 PM
    What kind of car is it and does it have and upgrade option for the audio system ie. Harmon Kardon? Does the car feature Apple car play or Android auto? Can you bypass the usb option and just connection via Bluetooth? Also an AUX cable is almost always the easiest option to get music through your car stereo but it wouldn't truly be connected but rather just passing the audio through to the stereo. If we knew some of those questions we may be able to better troubleshoot the issue.
    08-20-2016 02:22 PM
    Well you answered right as I was responding
    08-20-2016 02:22 PM
    I have 2015 Ford Focus with touch sinc if that means anything. Before I got the phone I check and it said its android comp So I went for it. Wanna be able to use use to play music and charge my phone
    When you plug it in through USB, pull down the notification shade.

There will be a notification that says USB Charging. Click it.
    Options will be: Charging, File Transfer, Photo Transfer, Software installation, MIDI, etc. I believe you click MIDI, then you should be good to go.
    jrham, Anna320 and kazman12 like this.
    08-20-2016 02:24 PM
    Try looking here, I was going to look closer for you but I'm not sure which sync system you have.
    https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...ord-touch.html
    08-20-2016 02:27 PM
    When you plug it in through USB, pull down the notification shade.

There will be a notification that says USB Charging. Click it.
    Options will be: Charging, File Transfer, Photo Transfer, Software installation, MIDI, etc. I believe you click MIDI, then you should be good to go.
    There you go! Probably more the audio systems fault rather than a fault with the phone. Car infotainment systems are years behind the tech thats in these tiny phones.
    08-20-2016 02:29 PM
    Here you go. It is a link to a video from ford for how to pair your phone with Sync My Ford touch that came in the 2015 Focus. I hope this helps.

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...ord-touch.html

Actually you will have to pick your year, make, and Sync version from the drop downs and it will show the related video.

Edit: looks like someone beat me to it?
    kazman12 likes this.
    08-20-2016 02:30 PM
    It's 2015 Ford Focus titanium with touch sinc. Doesn't say if it's iPhone or android
    08-20-2016 02:42 PM
    After one day? Because you can't get it to connect to your car?

No offense, but one day isn't long enough, either is a few days. Give it a chance.
    08-20-2016 02:43 PM
    I'd give it a little more time myself, as it's a different OS and ecosystem. I've gone down this road as well. Also, you're posting this in a Note 7 subforum, so expect some rudeness from a few.
    08-20-2016 02:54 PM
    My teen daughter recently switched from Android to iPhone. All I know is Android so that is what we started her off on. However with her school friends and sports teams she was getting left out of all the iMessaging group discussions.

She went from a Moto X Play to a iPhone SE. She really felt uncomfortable with the change for about a week and a half but is okay now.

All this to say give it time for your comfort level to acclimatize and then make a decision closer to your return period.
    08-20-2016 03:02 PM
    I commute to work so I spend a lot of time in my car unfortunately I want my phone to work then I wanna listen to pandora or something
    08-20-2016 03:08 PM
    I commute to work so I spend a lot of time in my car unfortunately I want my phone to work then I wanna listen to pandora or something
    What kind of car do you have? Some only work with iPhone. Do you have an aux port to use until you figure it out. The battery in my use is no worse than my iphone 6s plus.
    08-20-2016 03:11 PM
    I know. But I'm not hating on anyone just looking for advice
    jimd1050 likes this.
    08-20-2016 03:33 PM
    What kind of car do you have? Some only work with iPhone. Do you have an aux port to use until you figure it out. The battery in my use is no worse than my iphone 6s plus.
    She's said what kinda car she has multiple times.

She should just use Bluetooth or aux. Most vehicles USB port only works with iPhone or if it does work with Android, it has to be in file sharing mode. If you're playing the files on your phone, it's not going to come out of your speakers because it's not USB audio enabled. It's only to share your files so the system can play them itself. Hopefully that makes sense
    08-20-2016 03:34 PM
    I have both. I honestly like my iPhone better. I think Android and Touch Wiz are the Notes biggest downfall. I mean I like the phone, but lots of the advertised features don't work as advertised. My iPhone runs smoother with half the specs. Not knocking the note but I prefer the iPhone.
    08-20-2016 03:39 PM
    Set it up to connect via Bluetooth. You can still plug the phone in to charge while controlling your playlist on the steering wheel controls.
    torbach1 likes this.
    08-20-2016 03:56 PM
    Mod Note

Thanks to those helping the OP. For those of you being rude for no real reason I suggest looking at the rules below. This also applies to the people laughing and contributing to the others being rude. There is really no reason to act like that. If you don't care for the post move along. If you want to help then help out.

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    08-20-2016 04:16 PM
119 1234 ...