08-25-2016 01:10 PM
119 12345
tools
    I know. But I'm not hating on anyone just looking for advice
    Hi Anna:

Based on this site https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...uch&country=us, if looks like your 2015 Ford Focus with touch synch only supports USB connection to the car with 2 Samsung phones, neither of which is the Note7.

When I first switched, I also had a car that only had a native USB connection for iPhones. But with the improvements in quality and information of Bluetooth, it's really no longer particularly advantageous to connect via USB. I would connect your phone via Bluetooth, and play Pandora, or other music through that. You could get a quick charge car charger to keep your Note charged while driving. Most car sound systems show you the track title, artist, etc and allow you to skip tracks, change volume and so on through Bluetooth, and even lesser models of the Focus infotainment system support that.

So I would recommend giving that a try for a week, learning more about the things you do like and then deciding whether it's worthwhile. You have 14 days to return it, so use it for that time and you'll have a fat better idea of whether you want to stick with the Note or not. Best of luck.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-20-2016 04:18 PM
    I have a note and a ford, and I connect the phone through bluetooth. Works fine.
    08-20-2016 04:26 PM
    Hi Anna,

Great post by "torbach1" - read what he says, Best of Luck on your decision - I've had a Note 4, 5 and now the 7 and I love them!

I think I'm gonna return it anyone else feels like that?-ford_thumbsup.jpg
    08-20-2016 04:30 PM
    Setup through blutooth. The best way in a ford.
    08-20-2016 04:31 PM
    Was thinking I can switch from iPhone to note 7 but after one day with the note I don't think I can. Still can't get it to work with my car stereo and batt seems to go down the drain so fast. I think im just gonna keep my iPhone and return note 7
    You know I'm kinda feeling this way but I've also had the Note 5 so i understand both ecosystems very well.

What's really irritating me is the same as you. I have just bought a 2013 BMW X3 and paired it all up. Worked. Was talking on phone perfectly and then disconnected me. Then reconnected. Then disconnected and suddenly there's not a phone listed any longer.

So I paired it again. Same deal. Worked. For 5 min. Disappeared again. Repaired.

Same deal. This is so frustrating.

On battery I just want 10 hours. I got 12 consistently on my 6+ but I like Android overall better.

Wish I could figure out my BT issue with my new used car.
    08-20-2016 04:33 PM
    Mod Note

Thanks to those helping the OP. For those of you being rude for no real reason I suggest looking at the rules below. This also applies to the people laughing and contributing to the others being rude. There is really no reason to act like that. If you don't care for the post move along. If you want to help then help out.

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Bump😊
    Anna320 likes this.
    08-20-2016 04:34 PM
    Works fine with my 2016 Ford escape through Bluetooth

Posted via the Android Central App
    Anna320 likes this.
    08-20-2016 04:36 PM
    I'm trying connect to usb. It schowes galaxy connected but they it say ubs don't recognize device. Then when I play music won't play tru car speakers just thru the phone
    What made you switch initially? Just curious. I had the iPhone 6s+ and before that Note 5. I just sent my iPhone to coworker who broke his so now I'm in it for good.

It can be difficult at first. I've had a lot of experience with both and I really do like both. Let's be honest though. Apple has copied Android in so many ways with their widgets and notifications etc.

I'll miss imessage and airplay to my apple TV. But this device is amazing.

When everyone gets a new phone battery is always initially worse because you're trying to figure it all out. So you're using it more.

I was getting 12-14 hours on my 6+ so if I can get 10 on this I'll be happy.

I also bought a portable Samsung rapid charger and keep that full when traveling so if I can't plug in I'm good for 48 hours easy.
    08-20-2016 04:39 PM
    You need to use an aux audio cord not usb. If your not using the original cable I have noticed there is no way to see the note 7 properly. Try the original usb cable or aux cord.
    Yup. He's right. The USB will only allow address book and potentially photos to work. If you use the aux audio cord it works. Not for talking on the speaker phone but for music it will.
    08-20-2016 04:42 PM
    Thank u cery much
    Almeuit likes this.
    08-20-2016 04:46 PM
    Thank u
    Almeuit likes this.
    08-20-2016 04:46 PM
    I know. But I'm not hating on anyone just looking for advice
    Hi Anna! Don't worry, you don't come across like a "hater" (a scared bunny rabbit, maybe : )

Seriously, i just was curious... OBVIOUSLY there were many, many features Note 7 offered that "wooed" you over....have any of those disappointed you?

As for your car, being as its a 2015 Ford, i am SURE its just a matter of getting it set up right with ur car's bluetooth. Once you do, the way i remember my iphone 6s working with my RAM's infinti system was, "soon as i walked out of truck, music will stop, (and if i didn't close the app) when you get back in it will "start playing again" without ever touching a button. My Samsung Android phone's never performed quite THAT seamless with bluetooth car stero, but i haven't paired any recently so i'm not sure if they now are SUPPOSED to work that same way... ANYONE?

In any case, i also would give it more time. My guess is you're facing a restocking fee, so why not get the most out of and wait till the last possible second? Can't you use ur Samsung headphones in the meantime while you sort it out & check out all the rest the phone has to offer??!! Good luck!

I think I'm gonna return it anyone else feels like that?-img_0175-2-.jpg

BTC (Sammy's #1 Fan But I Can Also See The Beauty Of An iPhone's Lure : )
    Anna320 likes this.
    08-20-2016 04:51 PM
    I just got tired on jail breaking my iPhone every time. Wanna something with more options.
    libra89, Hoggles and matt3166 like this.
    08-20-2016 04:52 PM
    I commute to work so I spend a lot of time in my car unfortunately I want my phone to work then I wanna listen to pandora or something
    I would use Bluetooth. We have a Ford Expedition with sync, and my notes work fantastically over BT while charging. I have not played music through the hard wire.
    08-20-2016 04:56 PM
    Lovely to see people for once not bashing iOS or Android... Dare I hope all that's behind us .,....... In my dreams lol
    08-20-2016 04:58 PM
    I just moved from the iPhone 6s plus to the note 7. I've spent only 3 days on it and I still love it. I've been an apple since day 1.. upgraded to every new phone every year... it's kinda what ive been known for at work, me switching has shocked, I have switched everybody to the iPhone so me jumping ship has concerned people... but no regrets I think its the change I've been looking for. I've successfully synced my calendars with my icloud cal. My whole family is iPhone so calendar is an important feature... smoothsync solves that, Google photos has been create moving my pics over, etc so all in all im a happy camper for now! Battery wise it's comparable to my battery for 6s plus... seems a bit better... but it charges way quicker! But again that's just my experience...
    08-20-2016 05:00 PM
    Just use Bluetooth in car, I have both iPhones as Android phones, use Bluetooth and never bother with USB connection etc. For me Bluetooth is actually preferable.
    08-20-2016 05:00 PM
    Thank u for all positive feed back. Gonna give couple more days and see if I can make it work. Not trying talk bad about iPhone or android Just wanna make sure my money is well spend and I'm happy with my choice
    Almeuit, stmax and T48 like this.
    08-20-2016 05:05 PM
    So how u charge your phone if u don't use usb?
    08-20-2016 05:26 PM
    A lot of good car chargers will probably charge the device just as fast or faster than through the USB cable. That port may be limited to a .5 amp output versus 2 or even 3 amps by dedicated chargers.
    Laura Knotek and matt3166 like this.
    08-20-2016 05:41 PM
    You can use USB to charge the phone. Just not using it to send music over.
    08-20-2016 05:54 PM
    I'm not sure if one day is enough time to decide, especially if coming from a different OS. Standby on Android isn't as good as iOS, but actual for actual use the battery life doesn't seem that much different than my 6s Plus.
    I don't know why people talk as though iPhones have such great battery life. I switched from an iPhone 6s Plus to a Moto Z Force and the Z Force blows it out of the water. I would guess the Note 7 is similar to the Force in terms of battery life.
    08-20-2016 06:03 PM
    I'm trying connect to usb. It schowes galaxy connected but they it say ubs don't recognize device. Then when I play music won't play tru car speakers just thru the phone
    I agree with the earlier post about changing OS ecosystems **There will be culture shock and differences** Also you should sit down and figure out what your needs are and will the note meet those needs or is the iPhone a better fit for your specific needs.
    I would make the following suggestions to you, Give it some time for you to get used to the differences and seek out help from friends and the forums where there are a bunch of folks that really understand how to do nearly anything (I bet there's YouTube videos that would be helpful) one of the hardest things when changing ecosystems is that you already have a lot of time & resources invested in the one you are moving from.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    BR
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-20-2016 06:19 PM
    Was thinking I can switch from iPhone to note 7 but after one day with the note I don't think I can. Still can't get it to work with my car stereo and batt seems to go down the drain so fast. I think im just gonna keep my iPhone and return note 7
    For the Bluetooth try this app it has helped me

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid_rsap.irmc

As far a battery life check the forums once u do a little leg work it should be as good as a iPhone 6s plus.
    08-20-2016 06:25 PM
    Plug into usb to charge only. But use bluetooth for audio. That's what I do in my ram. When I connect the usb cable to charge the stereo switches to usb but can't find any music. I select bluetooth on the stereo and all my music apps play while the phone charges.
    08-20-2016 06:34 PM
119 12345