08-25-2016 01:10 PM
119 ... 345
tools
    I have 2015 Ford Focus with touch sinc if that means anything. Before I got the phone I check and it said its android comp So I went for it. Wanna be able to use use to play music and charge my phone
    I own a F150 and it also has MS Sync. Sync is awesome because it's voice recognition "just works". This is my set up.

I bought an Aukey quick charger and plugged it into the 12 volt jack. I pair my phone to Bluetooth and allow it all permissions.

I do all my music streaming through blue tooth and it is also then set up to read you your texts as they come in and then you can safely provide quick pre canned responses through sync.

Once your phone is paired it will always be on standby for texts and calls. To play your music just hit the media button on your steering wheel and say "Bluetooth Audio".

To charge your phone way faster than using the usb Jack on the Sync component I use the Aukey quickcharge.

Sorry if any of this was already known. I wasn't sure how far into the Sync system you were.
    08-21-2016 10:27 PM
    Plan on keeping the Note 7, since best device I have owned.
    08-21-2016 10:49 PM
    My personal experience using bluetooth in a car/truck sounds like crapola I just use AUX. I have a 2013 Silverado and I've never had an issue pairing with my iPhone but Android bounces in and out. You could watch the phone and see connected, not connected back and forth all day.
    08-21-2016 10:54 PM
    Would you like to expand on that, I have a iMac too?
    I had to completely uninstall Smart Switch after transferring all my info from icloud, then I installed Android File Transfer. Now I can drag and drop files to and from the phone.
    08-22-2016 02:01 AM
    I just made the switch from iPhone (although it was a much older model than yours) to the note 7. There are things I absolutely LOVE but am quite lost with a lot of it too. I'm thinking the good outweighs the bad and am gonna give it two weeks as that is the amount of time Verizon says I have if I decide I want to return it. I am hoping to learn a lot from this site and get some help for the things I haven't figured out on my own or found answers to yet. Good luck!
    08-22-2016 03:02 AM
    I switched from iOS to the OP3 about a month ago. It took me a solid week to adjust. Car audio connection is something that really annoyed me because I love the integration with iOS has with my headunits (Alpine) when connected via USB - touch screen access to select music, album art displayed, etc. I decided to separate the two functions. My old iPhone is now my dedicated (128GB) music player connected via USB to my head unit and my phone is my everything else. That does mean with Waze I have to use the phone speaker vs having the audio come from the car speakers (with auto muting) but it's not terrible. I'm very happy with the move now and couldn't imagine going back.
    08-22-2016 07:33 AM
    Awww sorry you can't pair the phone to your car stereo, I love my Note7. Just got it yesterday. Not returning it.
    Actually, an $800 device should easily pair to your car stereo. I'm in the car business, and practically no 2017 model being released now has a CD player...because practically everyone either has lots of music stored on their mobile devices, or uses some kind of internet radio for their musical entertainment. So, for the Note 7 to be so expensive and "cutting edge", but to not pair easily with a users car stereo is inexcusable.

Glad you like your Note. Glad you're not returning it. Glad you still listen to CD's.
    08-22-2016 09:24 AM
    I am seriously considering returning my note 7 and getting a note 5 that's the phone I had previously I kind of miss the way that one fell in my hand it has the full frame not the edge . My other thought was possibly getting that phone with jump on demand which i've never use before i've had my note seven since 18th
    08-25-2016 06:37 AM
    Just returned mine yesterday and back on my 6S+. Im paying for these phones full retail and the last thing i want to do is turn this feature off and alter this setting for the phone to recent almost decent. I want to run my phone as is out the box and thats what I do with my iPhone. its also other things such as frequent updates, quality of app. iOS messaging platforms, the way they handle MMS and not distorting then when you send them, all little things that add up for me to just stick with iOS.
    amyf27 and madgalaxy like this.
    08-25-2016 06:51 AM
    NEVER judge battery life the first week or two with a new phone. You are using it more when it's new and sometimes it takes a little time to settle in to a new pattern.
    08-25-2016 07:23 AM
    I always say that people should use what works best for them. I have never used an iPhone although I have an iPad (terrible experience), macbook pro (terrible experience), and a Mac Pro (love it). I have been using Note phones for over four years and won't use anything else because of the SPen. I hope you give it more than one day though. I do agree with the battery life issue. It's the only thing I don't like about the phone right now. I sure miss being able to switch out my battery on the Note 4. 😔
    08-25-2016 07:30 AM
    Just returned mine yesterday and back on my 6S+. Im paying for these phones full retail and the last thing i want to do is turn this feature off and alter this setting for the phone to recent almost decent. I want to run my phone as is out the box and thats what I do with my iPhone. its also other things such as frequent updates, quality of app. iOS messaging platforms, the way they handle MMS and not distorting then when you send them, all little things that add up for me to just stick with iOS.
    Surprised you even tried the N7 out, since seems your mind was already made up and are vested in the iOS ecosystem and design.
    treedabl likes this.
    08-25-2016 07:30 AM
    I believe you stated on imore that you test new notes out and always return them. So its your norm. Hopefully future Note versions will make you stay lol.
    08-25-2016 07:31 AM
    I would suggest not to take the wrong decision in just 1 day of usage.
    Firs of all, check for any software updates, download & install the same.
    Next, check for unwanted pre-installed apps. Mobile carriers enforce their own useless apps on any Android phone, which tends to drain the battery of the phone. Please go through the pre-installed apps on Note 7 via Settings -> Application Manager & disable these unwanted apps.
    And to make it work with your car stereo, try the solution posted by jgraves1107 to delete the previous phone from the car stereo, then scan & reconnect.
    I really don't recommend to return Note 7, because this phone is a beast among all the smartphones. It's just that because Android is modified by mobile carriers so much, it just needs some tuning & then it is good to go.
    08-25-2016 07:44 AM
    I am seriously considering returning my note 7 and getting a note 5 that's the phone I had previously I kind of miss the way that one fell in my hand it has the full frame not the edge . My other thought was possibly getting that phone with jump on demand which i've never use before i've had my note seven since 18th
    I have the Note 5, got the Note 7 and will be returning it. Personally the Note 5 feels better to hold than the Note 7. The Note 5 also feels lighter. I tried to get used to the Note 7 but it was hurting my hand after some time. On paper the N7 is smaller and a bit lighter than the N5. But for me, I think it's the curved edges and slightly smaller size making the phone feel like it's heavier. The Note 7 is an excellent phone. But I still love my Note 5. Day to day performance and battery life was almost the same, (I have the Exynos version of the Note 5). I gave the Note 7 a good try, it just didn't work out for me. I will miss the new S Pen features though. But happy I have Action Memo! I'm sure Samsung will bring it back considering they are getting a lot of complaints. We shouldn't have to use the back door way to get a feature that was in the Note series since the beginning.

Good luck with your decision.
    amyf27 likes this.
    08-25-2016 10:13 AM
    Surprised you even tried the N7 out, since seems your mind was already made up and are vested in the iOS ecosystem and design.
    I think sometimes people get caught up in having the new, hot device and they don't consider what goes into switching platforms.

I'd have the same reaction if I suddenly switched to iOS. I'd wonder where all my Samsung features are, where's my customization, and why the screen and camera look so dull.

I would however, be impressed by its performance. So like what keeps being stressed here, it's about what you value in an everyday device. There are no right or wrong answers
    anon(67796) likes this.
    08-25-2016 10:21 AM
    iOS does the same thing to MMS as Android phones -- that is a carrier thing. You're speaking of iMessage which is an iPhone to iPhone and that is like using WhatsApp or something else to avoid carrier compressed MMS messages.
    08-25-2016 10:42 AM
    I believe you stated on imore that you test new notes out and always return them. So its your norm. Hopefully future Note versions will make you stay lol.
    Yeah I always pick up the latest flagships and I love everything about Android but I think thats when I was in my tinkering stages. I like for my device to just work and work well without me having to monitor it. iOS just works for me with my day to day activities that I do. Not taking a thing from the Note 7, beautiful device but Touchwiz is the downfall for me.
    08-25-2016 12:53 PM
    So how u charge your phone if u don't use usb?
    Get a good fast charge car charger
    08-25-2016 01:10 PM
119 ... 345