I think I'm gonna return it anyone else feels like that?

Anna320

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Was thinking I can switch from iPhone to note 7 but after one day with the note I don't think I can. Still can't get it to work with my car stereo and batt seems to go down the drain so fast. I think im just gonna keep my iPhone and return note 7

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
It's hard to switch ecosystems, perhaps give it a week? After all, you do have more than 7 days in your return policy.

Battery life can be an issue on android phones if there are too many apps or services running.

I'm still in the process of figuring out what can safely be disabled.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Trying to bluetooth to the stereo can be a bit of a pain. Mine didnt want to connect. I had to delete the old phone out of the radio. Then scan bluetooth on the phone after putting the Source on the radio to bluetooth. Then it connected.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Was thinking I can switch from iPhone to note 7 but after one day with the note I don't think I can. Still can't get it to work with my car stereo and batt seems to go down the drain so fast. I think im just gonna keep my iPhone and return note 7
Not a chance but you have to use what works for you. The Note is not for everyone. I know plenty of people that will never like anything that isn't an iPhone. Do what works for you.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I'm not sure if one day is enough time to decide, especially if coming from a different OS. Standby on Android isn't as good as iOS, but actual for actual use the battery life doesn't seem that much different than my 6s Plus.

tclarson1

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I went from up apple to Samsung in March. Hardest month ever. But give it a couple weeks. Learn it all then decide. I had to use iPhone for a week r recently and wanted to kill myself.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'd wait. I went into a blind panic after cutting loose from the Apple ecosystem. I gave it 5 to 7 days and I haven't been back.

What carrier are you through? Maybe go to one of the workshops and have them help you optimize your phone, or hit a Best Buy with a Samsung Experience.

24 hours isn't enough time to make a decision, but do what makes you happy!

Posted from the N7 Dolphin Tears™ on Big Red

bucky716

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Battery drains quickly because chances are you're using the phone more. As in wow let's see what it can compared to my iPhone. Bye bye battery.

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
If you are coming from a 6s plus, no other phone's battery will get even close. That phone is just the best when it comes to battery life.
Sorry you are having other issues, do so whatever is the best for your needs.

Thelt2000x

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Just like everyone was saying it's hard to cut the iPhone cord. I did it after the iPhone 4 and haven't been back. As a matter of fact I tried a few months back and just couldn't do it. The battery on this thing seems to be really good. I left it unplugged last night at about 11 and it was at 100%. Didn't pick it up until about 11 this morning and it was at 94%. I was pretty happy with that. And so far the batter drain has been good. I have a 6s plus for work and the standby time on it is incredible. On the flip side if I am using it the battery goes very quickly. But whatever makes you happy.

tclarson1

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
This is me on my phone constantly. If I get 5 hours screen time I am beyond pleased. Remember the tips to help as far as location services to power saving, that helps so so so much 1471713891599.jpg

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
If you're connecting to your car stereo over bluetooth it might help to wipe out all your current profiles. My sound bar was wonky with my Android phones until I wiped my iOS profiles.

Anna320

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm trying connect to usb. It schowes galaxy connected but they it say ubs don't recognize device. Then when I play music won't play tru car speakers just thru the phone

Last edited:

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm not trying to sound like a smart*** but I'll return this beautiful blue coral note 7 over my dead body. Lol. Like others have said give it some more time. At least a couple days or a week. But do what makes you happy.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
You can do so much more with the note 7. Give the battery a few days. The first day or 2 it will drain more then usual in my experiences. The camera and screen resolution on the note 7 beats the iphone. But you do what is best for you.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
If you are coming from a 6s plus, no other phone's battery will get even close. That phone is just the best when it comes to battery life.
Sorry you are having other issues, do so whatever is the best for your needs.

This is right on. You have to look at pros and cons. N7 can charge so fast it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Just look at the screen differences as well. I used the 6s plus for 6 months it's a great phone but it's just look at the screens and it's enough to want to change.

Posted via the Android Central App

mobilem1

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to usb. It schools galaxy connected but they it say ubs don't recognize device. Then when I play music won't play tru car speakers just thru the phone

I had the same issue with a new car deck that I recently upgraded to in my car. Turns out very few car stereos are optimized for anything but an iPhone. As a result unless your deck mentions that it works with android auto or android devices usb will not play music on anything but an iPhone. In regards to going back to an iPhone I have used android for years and in the past few months I changed to a 6s plus. I'm impressed with the battery life but android had a lot more freedom and customization. I would recommend that you give it some time if possible. It's hard to change ecosystems if you have always been with one type. Possibly return the note and get a cheaper android phone as a back up to use as a way to get familiar with android. Then if you feel comfortable with android you could repurchase the note possibly at a cheaper price in the future.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
My suggestion is to get on youtube and spend some time watching videos on how to do things when moving from apple to android.

You can learn a lot, and if you still arent happy w the note7 you can return it.

Like others have said, its a big thing to change ecosystems, and in the end you may still not like android, or the note7, but it takes some time to give it an honest chance.