I think I'm gonna return it anyone else feels like that?

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying connect to usb. It schowes galaxy connected but they it say ubs don't recognize device. Then when I play music won't play tru car speakers just thru the phone

Should be issue with your car radio. May be you have to delete already registered devices. May be find a tech person around and take help.

Posted via the Android Central App

seafoodlover88

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Battery drains quickly because chances are you're using the phone more. As in wow let's see what it can compared to my iPhone. Bye bye battery.

Battery on N7 is pretty bad and this is coming from a S7E International user. 2 hours playing Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes and it only went down by 20%. Snapdragon processor truly suck.

seafoodlover88

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
If you are coming from a 6s plus, no other phone's battery will get even close. That phone is just the best when it comes to battery life.
Sorry you are having other issues, do so whatever is the best for your needs.

Disagree, S7 edge Exynos is the best. I compare it with my dad 6s plus.

Anna320

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Im trying thru sub but it say usb doesn't recognize device then it will show Galaxy on the screen but when I play music it won't play thru the speakers.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying connect to usb. It schowes galaxy connected but they it say ubs don't recognize device. Then when I play music won't play tru car speakers just thru the phone
You need to use an aux audio cord not usb. If your not using the original cable I have noticed there is no way to see the note 7 properly. Try the original usb cable or aux cord.

zamboni52

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm switching from the iPhone 6s plus and had some concerns after the first day. I'm starting day 3 now and I'm really starting to like the Note. It's normal to try and use android like you use the iPhone but it is just different and you need to give it at least a couple weeks of daily use to see if you like it.

For me, the display is better and bigger, it is noticeably lighter, and it is easier to hold for one handed use. The camera is amazing. The battery is not as good as the 6s plus but it is pretty good. Of course, if been setting it up since I got it so once I'm done with that, I'll see what normal use will be like.

I use Google for my email, calendar, and contacts so no issues with moving that over. Apple Music for Android is really good. BTW, the rest of my family are on iPhones and we have Apple everything. IMacs, Macbooks, iPad Pros, Apple TVs, Apple Music family subscription... needless to say we are all in on the Apple ecosystem. That being said, I think the Note7 will work for me.

I haven't even played with the S-pen yet. I'm on T-Mobile JOD, so if the iPhone 7, is not great, I'll be sticking with the Samsung until the iphone 8 next year.

Give the old college try before you switch back.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Was thinking I can switch from iPhone to note 7 but after one day with the note I don't think I can. Still can't get it to work with my car stereo and batt seems to go down the drain so fast. I think im just gonna keep my iPhone and return note 7
Trust me when I say give it time. I'm always kind of stressed instead of excited when I get a new phone. The battery will get better. Uninstall any apps that you don't use and unclutter your phone. There's also alot of power saving options.

Anna320

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I just bought this car. Purple months ago. It's a brand new 2015 and I'm first owner. I never deleted anything. With iPhone all I had to do is plug it in to usb and worked just fine

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Trying to bluetooth to the stereo can be a bit of a pain. Mine didnt want to connect. I had to delete the old phone out of the radio. Then scan bluetooth on the phone after putting the Source on the radio to bluetooth. Then it connected.
I had the same issue with my note 5 and gmc terrain. And it was a pain always having to manually connect everytime i got into the car. So i said f* it and filled a 32gb flash drive with music and connected that to that car..

Has anyone tried the samsung auto dongle?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Check with the return policy... Most are 14 days... I would recommend trying it for at least a week

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with my note 5 and gmc terrain. And it was a pain always having to manually connect everytime i got into the car. So i said f* it and filled a 32gb flash drive with music and connected that to that car..

Has anyone tried the samsung auto dongle?
Lol. My wife has 128Gb in her radio usb. She got tired of the phone calls on the radio cuz she couldn't listen to music and talk.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I just bought this car. Purple months ago. It's a brand new 2015 and I'm first owner. I never deleted anything. With iPhone all I had to do is plug it in to usb and worked just fine

Curious if your 2015 car may have Apple car play & not Android auto? That aside, am with others in saying give it closer to the 14 day mark. You are changing from what you are used to for the past x year(s). Its always a bit of a learning curve. Am sure youtube will be loaded up with Note 7 vs Apple everything before the weekend is over & you can see some side by side differences.

Anna320

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I have 2015 Ford Focus with touch sinc if that means anything. Before I got the phone I check and it said its android comp So I went for it. Wanna be able to use use to play music and charge my phone

jrham

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What kind of car is it and does it have and upgrade option for the audio system ie. Harmon Kardon? Does the car feature Apple car play or Android auto? Can you bypass the usb option and just connection via Bluetooth? Also an AUX cable is almost always the easiest option to get music through your car stereo but it wouldn't truly be connected but rather just passing the audio through to the stereo. If we knew some of those questions we may be able to better troubleshoot the issue.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I have 2015 Ford Focus with touch sinc if that means anything. Before I got the phone I check and it said its android comp So I went for it. Wanna be able to use use to play music and charge my phone

When you plug it in through USB, pull down the notification shade.

There will be a notification that says USB Charging. Click it.
Options will be: Charging, File Transfer, Photo Transfer, Software installation, MIDI, etc. I believe you click MIDI, then you should be good to go.

jrham

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
When you plug it in through USB, pull down the notification shade.

There will be a notification that says USB Charging. Click it.
Options will be: Charging, File Transfer, Photo Transfer, Software installation, MIDI, etc. I believe you click MIDI, then you should be good to go.
There you go! Probably more the audio systems fault rather than a fault with the phone. Car infotainment systems are years behind the tech thats in these tiny phones.