10-05-2016 11:43 AM
59 123
tools
    I just switched from Nova to Touchwiz and still have same issue, so it's definitely the Zagg screen protector.

Posted via the Android Central App
    We won't really know unless you take off the Zagg and the screen returns to normal. apparently it does not help everyone
    08-21-2016 11:52 PM
    That's not a solution I would undertake lightly. I estimate 20 hours of work getting my phone set up even though I used smart switch.
    I did notice that it was after at&t update that started the screen acting up.
    08-22-2016 12:22 AM
    Factory reset should do it. I did it and its fine since.
    That's great, my 256gb gift sd card will be here on Tuesday. Since I didn't transfer my files from my Note 4 to my Note 7 correctly, when I get the 256 sd card, going to BestBuy and get the Samsung Reps to reset and transfer my files from the Note 4 to the Note 7 correctly. Hopefully, like yours, the sensitivity will be there ..
    08-22-2016 04:10 AM
    That's not a solution I would undertake lightly. I estimate 20 hours of work getting my phone set up even though I used smart switch.
    Well, since I blew my basic setup, that is why I am getting the Samsung Reps to do the factory reset and transfer my files from Note 4 to Note 7.. 20 hours???
    Going to take a tablet with me and look at a movie while they doing it... Ha!!
    08-22-2016 04:16 AM
    im having the same issue. Most of the time i cant long press with my index fingers, which makes scrolling through websites annoying. Instead of scrolling up or down the phone registers a click.

Btw. No screen protector on my phone, and happens with nova and touchwiz
    Posted a video in one of the threads showing what i mean.
    08-22-2016 04:19 AM
    Well, since I blew my basic setup, that is why I am getting the Samsung Reps to do the factory reset and transfer my files from Note 4 to Note 7.. 20 hours???
    Going to take a tablet with me and look at a movie while they doing it... Ha!!
    no. Samsung switch took an hour. Setting up all my widgets and apps took the rest of the time
    08-22-2016 05:36 AM
    im having the same issue. Most of the time i cant long press with my index fingers, which makes scrolling through websites annoying. Instead of scrolling up or down the phone registers a click.
    I had a verizon update too.
    08-22-2016 05:36 AM
    I can confirm removing Zagg did not help in fact I think it made it worse. I will be curious to see if others find factory reset cures it and if using smart switch contributes to the problem or not. If I have to factory reset I hate to do it entirely from scratch without smart switch but if necessary I will.
    08-22-2016 09:32 AM
    I bought my Note 7 at VZW. Within first 2 weeks can I exchange it for another or do I have to return it. Pay restocking. Then buy another. My screen sensitivity is unsatisfactory. I'm sick of double clicking or needing to click HARD to get a response.
    08-23-2016 07:31 AM
    Launch day T-Mobile Black Note 7 here. I am having the same issues as most of you are describing. I am using a Zagg, I do have Nova Launcher running, and am using SwiftKey. I have tried rebooting & uninstalling SwiftKey. No dice! I will do a Data Factory in a few minutes to see if it's software or hardware related. I assume if it's hardware related, the problem will be back immediately... I will report back asap!

Please sticky or pin this thread!!!!
    lv2bsilly likes this.
    08-23-2016 08:50 PM
    Launch day T-Mobile Black Note 7 here. I am having the same issues as most of you are describing. I am using a Zagg, I do have Nova Launcher running, and am using SwiftKey. I have tried rebooting & uninstalling SwiftKey. No dice! I will do a Data Factory in a few minutes to see if it's software or hardware related. I assume if it's hardware related, the problem will be back immediately... I will report back asap!

Please sticky or pin this thread!!!!
    My problem is the opposite. Some of my clicks do not register at all. I often have to click twice to open a thread.
    08-23-2016 09:09 PM
    Same. I've used Nova and touchwiz, and the problem rears it's ugly head using both. The strange thing is it seems to show up only when using certain apps. I really hope it's something stupid, and not a bad set of screens, or worse.
    08-23-2016 09:23 PM
    I notice it most often in apps I scroll through then pick something but even selecting a number from recent calls does not always work on the first click. Now I'm sensitized to it so it is driving me crazy. It slows me way down and is annoying. I am considering trying to exchange the phone within the 2 week period VZW allows. I really don't want to if they're all like this.
    08-23-2016 09:28 PM
    I didn't even get through the setup process before it started back in on me. I think these screens may be jacked! I'm taking mine back tomorrow for a swap out...
    08-23-2016 10:52 PM
    I didn't even get through the setup process before it started back in on me. I think these screens may be jacked! I'm taking mine back tomorrow for a swap out...
    I'll be waiting to hear how the new one is. If you bought yours from VZW I am also curious if they give you any hassle.
    08-23-2016 10:56 PM
    It's T-Mobile. I spoke with a representative and was told to do a warranty swap on it IF they have any in stock. Since I'm on Jump On Demand I'm within my 14 day "remorse" period, but won't pay a restocking fee since the unit is defective.

I was also told that I may get an S7 Edge or Note 5 again since they are still considered high end devices. I asked him to note my account (no pun intended) and he said he'd be happy to so the rep in store will be less likely to hassle me.

I'll report back tonight to let anyone who cares know the outcome! Typing all this was a pain btw! Haha
    08-24-2016 08:00 AM
    Just occurred to me I used smart switch and skipped setup. Is there a screen calibration step I missed? Is there a way to access it?

Is there anything in the Dexterity and Interaction area of accessibility in settings that could help?
    08-24-2016 10:39 AM
    I'm back to the Note 5... The reps HATE me now! Lol!

After doing a warranty swap I sat and watched in horror as a rep proceeds to take my Note 7 out of it's box, lay it down bare on the counter, apply a new screen protector the "old school" way as she put it, & grind away at my phones screen with the squeegee! I asked her politely to put the phone on a piece of paper or something to keep it from sliding around on the counter. When she's done she tells me the air pockets (not micro bubbles) aren't that bad. We went through three Zaggs before I said I'm not sure I even want the damn thing anymore given all the signs and abuse that poor thing had went through. I asked them to just jump me back to my Note 5 and that would be the end of it. After trying to pressure me to stay with it I refused and left the store with my new/old Note 5! (not a refurb btw)

I missed this phone and couldn't be happier... Seriously! Sorry I wasn't much help. There is certainly a bad batch of Note 7's in the wild... See ya next year! Haha!
    08-24-2016 06:33 PM
    I'm back to the Note 5... The reps HATE me now! Lol!

After doing a warranty swap I sat and watched in horror as a rep proceeds to take my Note 7 out of it's box, lay it down bare on the counter, apply a new screen protector the "old school" way as she put it, & grind away at my phones screen with the squeegee! I asked her politely to put the phone on a piece of paper or something to keep it from sliding around on the counter. When she's done she tells me the air pockets (not micro bubbles) aren't that bad. We went through three Zaggs before I said I'm not sure I even want the damn thing anymore given all the signs and abuse that poor thing had went through. I asked them to just jump me back to my Note 5 and that would be the end of it. After trying to pressure me to stay with it I refused and left the store with my new/old Note 5! (not a refurb btw)

I missed this phone and couldn't be happier... Seriously! Sorry I wasn't much help. There is certainly a bad batch of Note 7's in the wild... See ya next year! Haha!
    Just did a factory reset. At first it was better. Now it is back to the same old crap.
    08-24-2016 06:44 PM
    I just confirmed that there is an issue with the screens. Tell wherever you got it from you want an exchange, or refund. I just wasted half my day getting mine done. Let's hear it for shoddy workmanship.
    08-24-2016 07:44 PM
    I just confirmed that there is an issue with the screens. Tell wherever you got it from you want an exchange, or refund. I just wasted half my day getting mine done. Let's hear it for shoddy workmanship.
    May I ask where and from whom? I believe you I just may need ammunition. I spent the entire night setting up my phone again. At first it seemed improved but once everything was installed back to cap. Apparently if I run oy twitter and phone never gets warm Im ok. Install a few apps and its crap. This time I set up from scratch so no reason this should happen.

Anyway who says the screens are defective? Thanks
    08-24-2016 08:19 PM
    Sprint store manager. That was after I politely blew my top. My screen is super sensitive on the top 3/4, and the bottom 1/4 where the keyboard is almost takes too much pressure to register a touch. That's why weird crap has been happening. It took 3-4 hours because the stores only ordered black, and I had to go through a different process to get a new Blue one.

I was playing with another customer's note 7, and that's what kicked all this off.
    08-24-2016 11:23 PM
    Sprint store manager. That was after I politely blew my top. My screen is super sensitive on the top 3/4, and the bottom 1/4 where the keyboard is almost takes too much pressure to register a touch. That's why weird crap has been happening. It took 3-4 hours because the stores only ordered black, and I had to go through a different process to get a new Blue one.
    mine is sort of the opposite. Keyboard is fine but making selections from within apps, lists, icons etc are sometimes unrecorded and require a second attempt. I have found if scrolling a list the it is not possible to select an item unless scrolling is stopped entirely. Sometimes, however, even a simple action like choosing a shortcut requires a second try. The one thing that always works is the keyboard. I have a blue coral so our screens can be messed up too. If I could only increase sensitivity like on older models.
    08-24-2016 11:29 PM
    Apparently this problem afflicts very few phones?
    08-26-2016 01:36 PM
    Anybody else have this problem?
    08-27-2016 04:58 PM
59 123