Hey folks; new to samsung devices trying to get my shiny new phone connected to my car. Anybody having issues with this? My Note 7's OS is 6.0.1 after an update yesterday; not sure if that's related.

It finds the car, the car throws a PIN up, and the phone gives a "can't connect" error. Kinda of a giant bummer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    08-20-2016 03:34 PM
    Have you removed your previous phone from paired devices in your car? I've found with some systems that this sorts the issue out. It is always a bit tricky first time because both have to be searching/scanning at the same time, and each radio, each phone scans for different periods of time.

So when I've gotten the error you're referencing, it was either before I unpaired devices, or when the one device's scan finished just before the other's, and just after one had found the other.

If you try again, and make sure that you start the searching process on the car right as you go to Bluetooth settings on the Note (which is when is starts searching), it should work. While you're there, there's not much you can do to quickly keep the car searching, but you can do that in the Note. So look carefully at the Bluetooth settings screen and the minute you see the "wheel" stop spinning, if the pairing has not yet completed, select the top right menu and choose scan. I hope that helps.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-20-2016 04:39 PM
    paired my phone today with my car without any issue. First thing I did was to delete
    my previous phone from the car, Used Android Auto to stream some music and
    all worked perfectly.
    08-20-2016 04:51 PM
    You are a genius. Thank you so much! Deleting the old stuff allowed the new one to pair. I'm so stoked! Thanks again.
    torbach1 likes this.
    08-20-2016 05:30 PM
    When I tried to pair my Note7, it first gave me a memory full error or something like that. Once I deleted the Note5 from the list, everything connected as usual.
    08-20-2016 06:11 PM
    That's further than I got- My phone doesn't even find my car And I know it's working.
    08-26-2016 06:50 AM
    My note 7 will connect to my "call audio" but will not connect to "media audio"! My note 4 connected to both just fine and it is driving me nuts!
    08-30-2016 08:45 PM
    My note 7 will connect to my "call audio" but will not connect to "media audio"! My note 4 connected to both just fine and it is driving me nuts!
    Same issue with mine as well. I cleared out all the Bluetooth connections in my car and re-paired and still will only do call audio, but not media audio.
    08-31-2016 03:18 AM
    My issue is different, I'll be streaming to a Bluetooth headset or speaker in the house and if my wife starts the car or pulls into the garage it stops streaming and connects to the car. Very annoying. Don't know why it looses focus.
    08-31-2016 06:01 AM
    Same issue with mine as well. I cleared out all the Bluetooth connections in my car and re-paired and still will only do call audio, but not media audio.
    I am having the same issue as well, have you found a fix yet?
    09-19-2016 04:10 PM
    I am having the same issue as well, have you found a fix yet?
    Same issue as well.my s5 works normally but not my note 7.
    09-30-2016 07:12 AM