Question about USB C Media connection setting

magicrobots

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Last night I plugged my phone into my car, and a little dialogue came up which asked me to choose a connection type; data, backup, power, some other stuff I don't remember. I chose power because I wanted it to charge.

Then I tried playing some music over the media connection but the car said nothing was plugged into the USB cable. Clearly that was baloney. I am assuming that the setting I selected in that original dialogue I got when I plugged the phone in would help with this problem but I can't for the life of me find it to make the change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot!

magicrobots

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I was finally able to look into this today, thanks for your suggestion. Sadly the best I can get from any of those developer settings is the list of downloaded ringtones I have playing through the car while Google music plays on my phone. Not exactly the result I was hoping for!

Trying to get it so when plugged in, all phone audio is routed through the is usb so music, navigation, etc come through the car audio. Is this even possible?

Coming from iPhone where this was the default behaviour.

Thanks again for any suggestions!

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'll preface this with the fact that I do not know much about this so maybe others can chime in that have more specific knowledge. I guess it depends on your car, but for me a regular USB connection to the car will not output my audio through it. I tried all methods of USB connection (MTP and others) with no luck. My car does natively support my iPod Touch audio though a USB connection oddly, but not Android phones. If it won't work for you, and if no one else has better suggestions, you might want to consider using either:

A) Bluetooth Audio to your car - if your car supports it
B) The 3.5mm headphone jack to output audio - if your car has a 3.5mm input.

magicrobots

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Sigh.
The 3.5mm jack has pretty crappy quality compared to the USB connection but I guess it's better than nothing.
I have the phone hooked up properly to the car via bluetooth but for some reason it doesn't recognize it as a media player; just for calls.

Oh well. I guess this will be the only thing that will make me miss the iPhone. Not bad overall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36