Naked and afraid

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Zagg InvisibleShield screen protector with an Otterbox Commuter case and the screen protector on my Note7 does the same thing--it lifts at the corners with the screen protector on. It's irritating. It's even advertised as being "case-friendly". Yeah. Right.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
FYI, Verizon is selling a curved tempered glass protector. It is $34 and has adhesive on top, bottom, and both sides.
Just installed it, and it is almost perfect. I have installed many glass protectors and this was the most difficult BC you have to be exact. I am a fraction of a millimeter off and it is driving me nuts lol.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
After applying these stupid screen protectors, are you supposed to wait awhile to put a case on? I know these cases peeling the edge part of screen protectors are driving me nuts lol.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
FYI, Verizon is selling a curved tempered glass protector. It is $34 and has adhesive on top, bottom, and both sides.
Just installed it, and it is almost perfect. I have installed many glass protectors and this was the most difficult BC you have to be exact. I am a fraction of a millimeter off and it is driving me nuts lol.

Lol I hate putting screen protectors on. When i get one from Verizon I have them do it lol. And if i do it i get multiple ones for in case I mess up.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Lol I hate putting screen protectors on. When i get one from Verizon I have them do it lol. And if i do it i get multiple ones for in case I mess up.
Hopefully they honor the warranty BC it looks great from straight ahead, but angles look eh.

Herwick

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
My case and screen protector. Only have a slight lifting problem on top left right above volume rocker. Small and lays down easily, takes a few hours before I notice it again. Have used these types of cases and screen protectors with all my phones. Thinking of getting a Zagg though as I have had awesome dealings with them in the past on multiple decices. But for now I'm good with what I have.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 647.jpg
    647.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 187

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm using bodyguardz HD screen protector (blue and white box), and it's the only "case friendly" one I have found. Works great!

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I usually rock my phone naked but this time around im gonna use a case only for at work because if my grubby hands. The ringke fusion crystal clesr case is a slim case with elevated lips at the top and bottom so if it drops face down, it'll be good. I'm not worried in the slightest about scratches on my screen. I don't carry anything else in my pocket with my phone. All these tests on YouTube are done with razor blades and sharp objects and the internet hypes it up.

Bruce Mao

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I use a Spigen Rugged Armor when I'm out during the day. But, when I'm in the comforts of my home, I take it off so that I can enjoy the beautiful curves of the phone =)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Verizon put a glass tempered protector on mine. It's great. I also got a Tumi case. I am waiting on my Samsung Sview case to arrive. I like having more than one case. I have the Samsung wireless home charger got a car charger and a movie battery pak. My smart watch caps it. Am ready. Already seeing phone envy

Posted via the Android Central App

neo Jeets

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm currently running the Spigen Flex film screen protector and Rugged armor case. The screen protector sticks well but doesn't cover the sides of the glass (probably to prevent the edge from peeling up). But I am about ready to go naked since the film itself is kinda flimsy and thin, resulting in tons of indentations and marks from just a couple days of light use.
I may just keep the Spigen on until Samsung releases their official screen protector.

soulsmilen

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Do you know who makes it? I don't see it on their website.

soulsmilen

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Before I received my Note 7, I had in-hand the following:

* Sparin tempered glass cover
* Skinomi plastic (wet-apply) front and back protection covers
* Ringke air case

I was prepared - or so I thought. The Sparin worked for a few hours, and even worked with the Ringke case, but after a few hours, the glass started to move, and the case started to push it away from the phone. The adhesive on the tempered-glass cases are only at the top and bottom - not enough to hold them in place. Eventually the glass cracked when I tried to reposition it. From what I can see, all the full-coverage tempered glass covers have the same adhesive in the same place.

So, to plan B. I applied the Skinomi on the front glass. It appeared to install properly, even on the edges. I waited a couple of hours for it to dry and put the Ringke case on. The Skinomi immediately crimped at the corners. It was quickly obvious, that NO cover - glass or plastic - would work with a case, even a minimal case like the Ringke Air. Amazon reviews confirmed this.

At this point, after reading a LOT of Amazon reviews, I realize the following:

1) You can have a case, but no front glass protection (not plastic or tempered-glass); or
2) You can have front-glass protection and a rear protector with PLASTIC (no tempered-glass) and no case.

Both of these leave you half-naked, plus, I don't like the plastic front-protectors.

I hate the thought of not having front-glass protection (especially after seeing the youtube videos) and, although I don't drop my phone a lot, it does happen. So, the decision comes down to: Which is the least of the evils?

At best, I'll be half-naked and afraid.

I have both on mine right now, and the protector is not lifting at all. The case doesn't touch it; perfect fit on both. It's not hopeless, at all.

Spigen Tough Armor Heavy Duty Slim case

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GIUIG0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5351281

and

BodyGuardz HD Contour Screen Protector

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ssories/screen-protectors.html&token=fZV3QLIh

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay