Naked and afraid

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Before I received my Note 7, I had in-hand the following:

* Sparin tempered glass cover
* Skinomi plastic (wet-apply) front and back protection covers
* Ringke air case

I was prepared - or so I thought. The Sparin worked for a few hours, and even worked with the Ringke case, but after a few hours, the glass started to move, and the case started to push it away from the phone. The adhesive on the tempered-glass cases are only at the top and bottom - not enough to hold them in place. Eventually the glass cracked when I tried to reposition it. From what I can see, all the full-coverage tempered glass covers have the same adhesive in the same place.

So, to plan B. I applied the Skinomi on the front glass. It appeared to install properly, even on the edges. I waited a couple of hours for it to dry and put the Ringke case on. The Skinomi immediately crimped at the corners. It was quickly obvious, that NO cover - glass or plastic - would work with a case, even a minimal case like the Ringke Air. Amazon reviews confirmed this.

At this point, after reading a LOT of Amazon reviews, I realize the following:

1) You can have a case, but no front glass protection (not plastic or tempered-glass); or
2) You can have front-glass protection and a rear protector with PLASTIC (no tempered-glass) and no case.

Both of these leave you half-naked, plus, I don't like the plastic front-protectors.

I hate the thought of not having front-glass protection (especially after seeing the youtube videos) and, although I don't drop my phone a lot, it does happen. So, the decision comes down to: Which is the least of the evils?

At best, I'll be half-naked and afraid.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine is naked too. I actually only want a screen protector but im not sold on any would will stay on the edges, be clear and durable enough.

Posted via the Android Central App

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Iam using armor guard screen guard and with that i keep changing the cases from hybrid to clear case with stand...think i screen guard is fine but to have better case...is more important....
I have dropped my phone many times flat on the screen...luckily nothing happened...thou note 7 have gorilla 5 that has better shatter protection but less scratch resistant than gorilla 4

Posted via Limited Edition Lumia 950 with Mozo Case or Beautiful Gold S7 Edge or Surface pro 4 or Lumia 1020 or motoe or iphone 5s

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Samsung Clear Flip Case. It protects the screen and phone (more so than last year's model), folds completely back when the phone is in use, and looks gorgeous. It's not heavy duty protection but just enough to enjoy the phone's beauty and offer at least a bit of protection.

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I also have the Spigen Neo Hybrid and really like it. However, the problem is the edges of the case meet with the edges of the screen protector and push it from the phone.

By the way your title for this thread is very creative.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Before I received my Note 7, I had in-hand the following:

* Sparin tempered glass cover
* Skinomi plastic (wet-apply) front and back protection covers
* Ringke air case

I was prepared - or so I thought. The Sparin worked for a few hours, and even worked with the Ringke case, but after a few hours, the glass started to move, and the case started to push it away from the phone. The adhesive on the tempered-glass cases are only at the top and bottom - not enough to hold them in place. Eventually the glass cracked when I tried to reposition it. From what I can see, all the full-coverage tempered glass covers have the same adhesive in the same place.

So, to plan B. I applied the Skinomi on the front glass. It appeared to install properly, even on the edges. I waited a couple of hours for it to dry and put the Ringke case on. The Skinomi immediately crimped at the corners. It was quickly obvious, that NO cover - glass or plastic - would work with a case, even a minimal case like the Ringke Air. Amazon reviews confirmed this.

At this point, after reading a LOT of Amazon reviews, I realize the following:

1) You can have a case, but no front glass protection (not plastic or tempered-glass); or
2) You can have front-glass protection and a rear protector with PLASTIC (no tempered-glass) and no case.

Both of these leave you half-naked, plus, I don't like the plastic front-protectors.

I hate the thought of not having front-glass protection (especially after seeing the youtube videos) and, although I don't drop my phone a lot, it does happen. So, the decision comes down to: Which is the least of the evils?

At best, I'll be half-naked and afraid.

My Sparin and Tough Armor case work perfect together..No movement, tight fit..

spar53.jpg

spar2220.jpg

spar12.jpg

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a Ringke Crystal Clear case. Works great and dose not add much bulk to the phone. Not using a screen protector, haven't used one since the iPhone 4 days

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H0LDVX4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have this case as well but I had to stop using it after it basically peeled away my screen protector. I ended up having to take off the screen protector too snd I think that's precisely what the OP is talking about.

msokad

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I was naked with the Note 4 and naked with the Note 7.

This phone is so sexy, she has to stay naked to show her curves. ☺️

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz