What message text app do people like?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Textra for me as well. Just wish the developers would include contact pictures in the text threads. I have been asking for this for quite a while. At least they put contact pictures in the group threads.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the stock for the moment, I still love textra and plan on switching eventually as I used it religiously on my 4, but the newer version of the stock isn't bad at all. My friend has different message bubble colors he downloaded but I can't seem to find then for the note 7 yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Whats enhanced messaging?

Has some additional features that make it comparable to imessage or other services. Some of the options are in the screenshot. Most SMS apps cant/don't do this.

Attachments

• 1168.jpg
    1168.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 150

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Textra. However I have a feeling Google allo will be out this week sometime since nougat is being released on the 22nd. Just my thoughts

Allo is not an SMS client though, it is a messaging app (like WhatsApp, etc). Both parties have to have Allo for it to work.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm coming from an LGG4 to the Note 7. I tried all the messaging apps and had settled on Yaata. It's a very good app. Since getting my Note I've been happily using the stock messaging and keyboard. They are surprisingly good.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
In theory yes, but it's been hit or miss for me with various apps. I used to use chomp and love it compared to hangouts, but I don't use a nexus and hate having 3 txting apps on my device. Stock, Hangouts and then a third party app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon