What message text app do people like?

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
are there any message apps that let you schedule a text for a future time, back on my JB iPhone days i used BiteSMS and it allowed this, loved the feature.

its already in Samsung Messages -- when you compose a message you click on the menu button to show a selection for Schedule Message

Unfortunately, now with Marshmallow there is not native menu button, so you have to activate it by going to Settings → Accessibility → Dexterity and Interaction → and turn on Assistant Menu. This will add a floating button to the screen that you can press to reveal a menu containing the old Menu button.

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I use should I answer as well. I will have to check out the sms app you use.

Well, it seems it is still a bit unstable. After a recent update it started misbehaving, since last night, I have temporarily gone back to stock SMS app. I will give it a try after a while, right now I would not recommend it any longer.

OT: "Should I answer?", on the other hand, is a great blocking app, the best I have tried.

Last edited:

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Has some additional features that make it comparable to imessage or other services. Some of the options are in the screenshot. Most SMS apps cant/don't do this.

Posted via the Android Central App

I don't see those options in the settings of the stock app. Is it carrier specific?

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I used Textra on my LG G3, G2, and Nexus 4 and found it the best. I think I didn't like the stock app on the G3 because of the look of UI and I believe the text area was too small not enough real estate to see all you are typing before sending and not showing enough conversation on the screen.

But playing with the Note 7 I like the clean look of the UI and bubbles and the screen is so big I don't think I'll have a problem seeing enough text and conversation on the screen. So I'd like to try and stick with the stock app. If not then most likely Textra. But I am kinda tired of the Material Design look.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Call me crazy but I really like Google's Messenger application. I was using the stock app up until a few days ago but I started to find it clunky.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Call me crazy but I really like Google's Messenger application. I was using the stock app up until a few days ago but I started to find it clunky.

Quick question about Google Messenger: Can you set it to display the sender's name without any message contents? That's what I hated about Samsung's app. It was either "New Message" or sender's name with content. I used Google Messenger before, but can't remember what it was that made me like Textra better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo