08-29-2016 09:31 PM
54 123
tools
    Thank you !!!

The other night I was going crazy trying to figure out the Private Mode before going out with no luck.

I had to spend the entire evening showing my brand new Note 7 to friends feeling paranoid with stuff that may be seen !?!?

Well all " secured " now yaaay thanks again !!!
    Hmmm... maybe we need a new thread "Show us what you have in your Note 7 Secure Folder" lol
    Hurleygm and EMGSM like this.
    08-21-2016 02:42 PM
    Hmmm... maybe we need a new thread "Show us what you have in your Note 7 Secure Folder" lol
    zmann, boufa, exdrinker and 3 others like this.
    08-21-2016 02:44 PM
    Hidden Secret Folder feature...

Nothing says "I'm hiding something! Come on in and Look!!!" quite like a folder called "Secret Folder"...

... but you can rename it! Once you are in the secret forlder, click on the top where the words secret folder is... just to the left of the lock. Then rename it to whatever neutral name you want. I doubt anyone will go trying to break into my "Work Backups Folder" No one will even wonder what might be in there.

A second tip I found... It might seem like a pain to have to find the folder, and unlock it, then go into it... blah, blah. You can select a item in the secret folder, hold it, and then drag it to the top right "add to home screen" It will then add a icon to the home screen that will be locked when not in use. So you can jump directly to the secured app you might want, without the need to load up the folder in general. I then added those links to my "tasks edge" panel and removed the original from the home screen.
    Nice! good stuff!
    08-21-2016 03:34 PM
    Just having another instance of an app is beneficial for me!
    boufa and sean8102 like this.
    08-21-2016 04:39 PM
    To add pictures just open the gallery app (from app drawer not secure folder) long press on a photo, video, or album and hit the three dots in the top right corner and tap add to secure folder.

To add files do the same using the "my files" file explorer app
    As far as moving files...I cannot find this option to save my life. I go into my files, outside of secure folder. Long press and choose move but secure folder is not a location to choose from. What am I missing? Yes, I do have secure folder set up, I have apps installed and my files is one of them. Tried looking in settings, couldn't find anything that helps. Any help is appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Secure folder is the best-smartselectimage_2016-08-22-10-33-39.png   Secure folder is the best-smartselectimage_2016-08-22-10-33-21.png  
    08-22-2016 09:46 AM
    Don't know if anyone said this but if you use nova launcher you can hide the secure folder... Which is easier to access than going to settings. You can just search the app drawer by whatever name you named the secure folder

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-22-2016 05:18 PM
    As far as moving files...I cannot find this option to save my life. I go into my files, outside of secure folder. Long press and choose move but secure folder is not a location to choose from. What am I missing? Yes, I do have secure folder set up, I have apps installed and my files is one of them. Tried looking in settings, couldn't find anything that helps. Any help is appreciated!
    To get files into the secure folder you must "Share" them to the folder. Select the file, select share, and then select the secure folder.
    08-22-2016 07:27 PM
    Don't know if anyone said this but if you use nova launcher you can hide the secure folder... Which is easier to access than going to settings. You can just search the app drawer by whatever name you named the secure folder

You don't need Nova. I think you can hide the folder on the phone. I think I remember that from one of the reviews.
    08-22-2016 07:36 PM
    08-22-2016 07:43 PM
    Yeah but when you hide it like that you have to go into settings to access it again.... Nova is a lot easier to access the hidden secure folder

08-22-2016 11:32 PM
    Yeah but when you hide it like that you have to go into settings to access it again.... Nova is a lot easier to access the hidden secure folder

I would say marginally easier, both are several taps away, and neither would be a big deal. Certainly not enough to install a whole launcher for possibly 1 less click for 1 specific use :-)
    08-22-2016 11:38 PM
    Okay. So I use the Google Photos option to backup my photos. Here is the scenario. I take a pic then open it in gallery. I select it to move to secure folder. Is there any risk with the Google backup? Either it getting grabbed before i drag the pic over or it or maybe backing up the secure folder?
    08-22-2016 11:54 PM
    Okay. So I use the Google Photos option to backup my photos. Here is the scenario. I take a pic then open it in gallery. I select it to move to secure folder. Is there any risk with the Google backup? Either it getting grabbed before i drag the pic over or it or maybe backing up the secure folder?
    Yes!!.. there is, but only if you are on WiFi, and assuming you are only uploading on WiFi. Without the WiFi being an issue (either your on WiFi or you have that restriction toggled off) it MIGHT start to upload immediately. The answer is to shot any, ummm, you know "Private" photos, using the camera in the secure folder. Then the images will go directly to the secure folder gallery. Anything that is done unsecured should be checked to ensure that it didn't upload to Google Photos.
    08-23-2016 12:30 AM
    I would say marginally easier, both are several taps away, and neither would be a big deal. Certainly not enough to install a whole launcher for possibly 1 less click for 1 specific use :-)
    I tried touchwiz.. Just didn't like it. Icons are just too big... Nova just makes it a silky smooth experience. So much more customization options. I highly recommend it

08-23-2016 02:29 AM
    I just had the same problem after having it initially work fine. My solution was that pkgdisabler disabled Knox security which is how Secure Folder runs. Hope this helps!
    08-23-2016 03:29 AM
    I can now have that second family I always dreamed about!

One thing I noticed is noticed is I have a paid app that I tried to open, and it won't won't open because it cannot be authenticated in the Play Store. On my Note 5, the fix for this in Knox app was to add the Play Store, but in this Secure Folder app, the Play Store functions differently.

Anyone else?
    08-23-2016 04:32 AM
    Is there any way to erase apps that come in the folder ? Stock email app etc
    08-23-2016 06:14 AM
    For me personally, there is kind of an unexpected benefit of the secure folder. It occurred to me yesterday that the only reason I would want to have a screen lock on my phone is to keep people from seeing certain confidential information. But once I put that in my secure folder, it frees me to turn off all screen locks and gets me into the phone that much faster.

--RICH
    boufa likes this.
    08-23-2016 06:27 AM
    I tried touchwiz.. Just didn't like it. Icons are just too big... Nova just makes it a silky smooth experience. So much more customization options. I highly recommend it

To each his own. I like touch wiz because with it, I can send a note from Samsung notes to be pinned to the home screen, and I can hover with the s pen over the home screen and rotate between home screens without ever touching the device.

--RICH
    08-23-2016 06:33 AM
    Has anyone been able to send sms/txt using secure folder and a contact in secure folder so that your regular SMS app doesn't get notified it just goes to the secure folder app?
    08-23-2016 07:10 AM
    Is there any way to erase apps that come in the folder ? Stock email app etc
    Nope.. you have to ignore them.
    AS7Edge likes this.
    08-23-2016 09:16 AM
    Since we have secure folder now, this was more reason for Samsung to give us 6 gb ram in our note 7. We could've actually utilized that ram....
    08-29-2016 09:04 AM
    A whole Lotta of you just stepped up your "pimp game" thanks to samsung
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    08-29-2016 10:30 AM
    Thank you !!!

The other night I was going crazy trying to figure out the Private Mode before going out with no luck.

I had to spend the entire evening showing my brand new Note 7 to friends feeling paranoid with stuff that may be seen !?!?

Well all " secured " now yaaay thanks again !!!

08-29-2016 10:58 AM
    Same thing as "Privacy Mode" on the Note 4/Edge
    08-29-2016 11:10 AM
54 123