Secure folder is the best

ctown81

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
While so many other features are getting all this press, the secure folder is the best addition to the note for me.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Anyone think they will provide this on their other phones like the S7 or Edge? It's just a sw feature right?

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone think they will provide this on their other phones like the S7 or Edge? It's just a sw feature right?

I would imagine there is no reason it can't be done on S7/S7 edge. If it dose come it will be with Nougat I would think, also curious to see if they bring the new version of touchwiz "grace" from the N7

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
How does the secure folder work? I assume you put in files of any kind that you don't want any one to see? Is it hard to set up?

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
How does the secure folder work? I assume you put in files of any kind that you don't want any one to see? Is it hard to set up?

Nah its easy. You set it up to unlock with either fingerprints or iris scan. Then you can pick what photos/files you want to be locked behind secure folder. For example if you put photos in secure folder they wont show up when you open the gallery regularly (also wont appear in file browser), but when you go to secure folder and open gallery they will show up. You can also move any app to the secure folder. When you copy a app to the secure folder it works as a second install of that app so you can for example have a copy of facebook in the secure folder and sign in with a totaly dif account than the copy of facebook that is just in the app drawer.

Nanope

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
My folder will not show up. It was there for the first Couple hours and now I have to go into settings to use it and I don't know why

ctown81

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
My folder will not show up. It was there for the first Couple hours and now I have to go into settings to use it and I don't know why
Go to settings in the folder app. You may have accidentally hid the app from the drawer. Juat change the setting.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hidden Secret Folder feature...

Nothing says "I'm hiding something! Come on in and Look!!!" quite like a folder called "Secret Folder"...

... but you can rename it! Once you are in the secret forlder, click on the top where the words secret folder is... just to the left of the lock. Then rename it to whatever neutral name you want. I doubt anyone will go trying to break into my "Work Backups Folder" No one will even wonder what might be in there.

A second tip I found... It might seem like a pain to have to find the folder, and unlock it, then go into it... blah, blah. You can select a item in the secret folder, hold it, and then drag it to the top right "add to home screen" It will then add a icon to the home screen that will be locked when not in use. So you can jump directly to the secured app you might want, without the need to load up the folder in general. I then added those links to my "tasks edge" panel and removed the original from the home screen.