08-23-2016 09:19 AM
36 12
tools
    I never had a Note 5, so I can't comment on it from that perspective, but my previous phone was an HTC One m8 which had excellent speakers and sound. Before using the Note 7 for myself I was expecting the sound quality to be awful in comparison, but it isn't. I think the sound quality from the speaker on the Note 7 is very good (especially if you go in and tweak it in the equalizer area of sound settings to your preference(s)). The provided headphones made the sound even better (again not that the speaker was what I would call bad). I like the tweaking you can do with the headphones connected where it tests if you hear the beep/tone and adjusts the output appropriately). At some point I'm going to get wireless headphones to use with the Note 7, but I don't know what type to get yet. (Nor how much is worth spending on a set of wireless headphones).
    Jona005 likes this.
    08-22-2016 09:03 AM
    using the external speaker the sound sucks now. note 3 was better. I tried adjusting equalizer but it doesn't seem to affect speaker sound at all. Is it only for headphones?
    08-22-2016 12:12 PM
    Glad I don't care about speaker quality on smartphones...the headphone sound quality is excellent
    but even notifications sound tinny
    08-22-2016 12:26 PM
    Isn't this something that should have been checked BEFORE you got it? im just sayin..
    08-22-2016 12:29 PM
    The sound is definitely more "mono" than I am used to but so far it has been working for phone calls for me (my main use for speaker).
    08-22-2016 12:31 PM
    I wonder why no one is talking about the poorer sound quality the note 7 has in relation to the note 5. The note 5's sound is much more robust than that of the 7 and if you like music crisp sharp and loud the note beat the note 7 hands down. Why did Samsung skimp on the sound? Maybe, because they figured no one will notice. Well I did and I'm wondering why none of the reviewers I've read so far have not. I love the new features but I now have to sacrifice the great sounds of my note 5 if I want the feature upgrades of the 7, audiophiles unite and speak out.
    Its due to Samsung going back to Snapdragon in the US Note 7. The Note5 used Samsung's own Exynos that is usually bundled with a much more powerful Wolfson DAC.

Qualcom's audio chip is not up to Wolfson quality.
    08-22-2016 12:41 PM
    Its due to Samsung going back to Snapdragon in the US Note 7. The Note5 used Samsung's own Exynos that is usually bundled with a much more powerful Wolfson DAC.

Qualcom's audio chip is not up to Wolfson quality.
    Nah. Even my Note 3 sounded better. It's the crappy speaker
    08-22-2016 01:47 PM
    I get the complaints, but can we just draw a line in the sand here and say:

1) Yes the speaker sucks compared to other phones (even previous notes)
    2) That's okay because it discourages people from listening to their terrible music, awful media (shows/movies), and wretched sounding games without headphones

I get that you believe that your taste is great....it's not, it's only good to you and the rest of us don't care to hear it!
    08-22-2016 01:54 PM
    The phones speaker sucks really hard and I mean hard. My friend has one.
    08-22-2016 02:36 PM
    I couldn't agree more...my notifications on my Note 7 sound horribly tinny...my Note 5 external speaker had wonderful full depth bass even comparable to my nexus 6p with the dual speakers,,,I need the Note 7 notification sounds and they all sound horrible...very disappointing!...almost a deal breaker
    08-23-2016 08:10 AM
    This is really strange & a saddening situation. But not buying such a wonderful phone due to a little less audio coming from speakers (which maybe due to the water proofing capability of Note 7), is not an excuse at all. Use Bluetooth speakers (there is so much variety nowadays in this category) for loud audio output & you can always use headphones for the best experience :-)
    And there is no excuse for paying almost $900 for a phone with a sub par speaker either.
    08-23-2016 09:19 AM
36 12