09-13-2016 05:44 PM
601 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Based on your picture, it looks like you have bad signal. This kills battery a lot. So it won't matter if you switch phones.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yea I was in work and it's a bit rubbish but that's still not bad in my opinion. that's what it's on now (screenshot), took off charge at 5am and now 3:17pm here. Yes it needs charge just like everyone in this thread moaning about SOT I still used it for 5 and 45 mins which is your SOT on android, so the iPhone is no better than the note so I have no idea why people are complaining, I'll throw it on the charger now (with no fast charge) and I'll be sorted for later if I I go out

If the note gets 5 hours of use and 12 hours of standby I'll be happy and with quick charge who's to moan
    08-24-2016 09:18 AM
    Came across this app that looks like it records your daily SOT for you! Does some calculations for expected SOT too... might come in handy!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...reenmileagesot
    Sure , run a few more apps like that, add some 'battery saving' ones and you will extend your SOT endlessly 😆
    08-24-2016 09:19 AM
    I have one called "Material Black" I believe.
    Material black is one of the best ones I've found. Had it on my GS7E also, it was free on the GS7E though. I paid $1 for it on the N7. Well worth it.

Almeuit likes this.
    08-24-2016 09:19 AM
    Really sucks everyone is have so many issues with their battery. Thats how I felt when I got my note 5. Just could keep a charge. However with this phone, to me, it's really good. Here are my stats from the other day.
    08-24-2016 09:30 AM
    Here
    Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-screenshot_20160820-183433.jpg  
    08-24-2016 09:32 AM
    And here
    Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-screenshot_20160820-183602.jpg  
    08-24-2016 09:33 AM
    Thank goodness for the wireless charger. Mine seemed to be dropping a percent every minute or two of use so I've been saved by plopping this phone on the charging pad at work.

Luckily I think I've fixed the battery drain issues on mine. Noticed a setting on the yappy app that was using up more battery and I turned it off. Now ive only dropped 5% in 45 minutes of continuous use.
    08-24-2016 09:35 AM
    I'm loving this battery life. I leave for work at 630 am and usually get home around 5. I've had more than 60% when leaving work so far. I was usually leaving with 30% on my S7e. I do have the display scaled to 1080p though. Mostly all I do is browse forums and send messages while at work so there's not much benefit to running at full resolution.
    08-24-2016 09:37 AM
    Material black is one of the best ones I've found. Had it on my GS7E also, it was free on the GS7E though. I paid $1 for it on the N7. Well worth it.

Yep, I just got it Never really like the white backgrounds on settings and phone pad. White backgrounds are AMOLED's Kryptonite. Also too garish being all white background.

BTW, weak LTE signal is a worse battery drain than the display set at 100%. Would be nice if there was an option to turn LTE off dynamically, if signal is a certain low threshold. That would be huge for battery life. You do not have to use an Android device in a weak signal area for it to drain.
    08-24-2016 09:37 AM
    I shut off screen always on function although it is pretty neat. How much battery life does that save? It isn't listed separately so I don't know how to tell?

Gsam is no good for this phone. Like when it is fast charging it lists amp numbers that make no sense. I may be charging up fast yet say 280 mA or even negative numbers! Can anyone suggest a better app?
    08-24-2016 09:41 AM
    I shut off screen always on function although it is pretty neat. How much battery life does that save? It isn't listed separately so I don't know how to tell?

Gsam is no good for this phone. Like when it is fast charging it lists amp numbers that make no sense. I may be charging up fast yet say 280 mA or even negative numbers! Can anyone suggest a better app?
    To check the amps when charging this is one of the best -- https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mbosdev.ampere.
    recDNA likes this.
    08-24-2016 09:42 AM
    To check the amps when charging this is one of the best -- https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mbosdev.ampere.
    Thanks. I read thr following in Ampere and this might explain the problem. I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned it.

17. Why does Ampere show weird values on my Samsung device?
    Unfortunately, some Samsung devices don't give correct (measured) values. Just the maximum possible charging current with the actual USB cable/charger configuration. This is a firmware problem and Ampere can't correct this.

In ampere on Samsung stock fast charger cable on AC phone at 93% my max charge rate reads 880 mA. In Note 3 it reads 1200 mA on standard stock charger on AC. Is my Note 3 actually charging faster than my Note 7?
    08-24-2016 09:48 AM
    I got my Note 7 on Opening Day. Battery life was 6 hours with 4 hrs SOT. Since then, I have turned off screen enhancer, and uninstalled K9 mail, and have auto brightness on screen. The last 3 days have been 10 hours until recharge, and 6 hrs SOT. Very happy with this phone!

8/25 Almost 16 hours off charger with over 5 hours SOT.
    08-24-2016 10:14 AM
    I like the idea that you can reduce screen res on the N7 to save battery, but I hope this doesn't become another excuse for phone makers to reduce battery size and life.

I'm sick of being told by manfucatures to not use certain features of a phone if I want decent battery.
    08-24-2016 10:39 AM
    This is very useful for checking charging volts/amps/cables.

https://www.amazon.com/PortaPow-Moni...cUvbUpU5361747
    08-24-2016 11:03 AM
    Thank goodness for the wireless charger. Mine seemed to be dropping a percent every minute or two of use so I've been saved by plopping this phone on the charging pad at work.

Luckily I think I've fixed the battery drain issues on mine. Noticed a setting on the yappy app that was using up more battery and I turned it off. Now ive only dropped 5% in 45 minutes of continuous use.
    i have the same exact issue but i don't have the yappy app.
    08-24-2016 11:14 AM
    Which one of these apps can I disable? I have no idea what some of these are.

Android systen webview
    com.ampsvc.android
    galaxy apps
    gear vr service (don't plan on getting gear vr)
    google app
    google play services
    google text-to-speech engine
    help
    knox
    my files
    pen.up
    RcPcomponents
    Remote
    S Health
    S Voice
    Samsung Gear
    Samsung Notes
    Samsung Pay
    Samsung Pay Framework
    Samsung Print Service Plugin
    Samsung Themes
    Setup & Transfer
    SIM toolkit
    Smart Limits
    Smart Switch
    Usage Manager
    Visual Voicemail (Does removing this mean I won't get voice messages?)
    Writ on PDF
    YP
    I would appreciate a lot if someone can tell me what some of these do.
    08-24-2016 11:19 AM
    It's a guessing game for you maybe that have problems, but not for everybody and certainly not for me that even with a new Axon 7 I'm having great battery life, the same I've been having for the past 3 or 4 phones in a row and for the past couple of years with Samsung phones. My Axon, today, in a normal working day with tons of emails, sms, a couple of videos, 45 minutes of calls and some browsing here and in other forums, I've had 4 hours of SOT with 47% battery left, almost 8 hours of SOT on average just a little more than what I'm getting with my S7 edge, about an hour more than what I had with the Note 5 and I'm sure I can get roughly about 7- 7.5 with a Note 7 should I decide to get it.

The key is to know that Android is different than iOS, if you have the mentality of not wanting to remove bloat, disable unused services and apps and having the brightness at full throttle all the time then sorry, you'll be running back to iOS soon.

You should compare apples to apples, not a 1080p or 720p smaller screens on iPhones, not running the tons of services that Android runs in the background by default with the feature rich and QuadHD 5.7" screen with up to 1040 nits of brightness on the Note 7, you want better battery life, you must avoid rogue apps, remove bloatware, disable running unused services and adjust your brightness and you'll see the difference while you enjoy the best Samsung phone ever and one of the best if not the best all around smartphone you can buy today.
    So I was going to say that to compare battery life between iPhone and this you'd probably have to cut down the resolution on the Note to make it and straight up fair fight.

I love everything about this Note over iPhone except two things:

Battery life
    iMessage gone. I miss that but I knew that when making the move.

I'm also having an issue that is irritating the crap out of me. I cannot connect my Note 7 to my 2013 BMW X3 and it keeps it connected. It continues to disconnect after 5 minutes AND in the car, it actually erases the fact it was ever even paired at all. Wipes it clean. I don't get it.

Outside of that I'm not going to go back.
    08-24-2016 11:53 AM
    For me...it's pretty incredible for the first week of having a new phone.
    Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-143.jpg  
    Carlo Villa and Jona005 like this.
    08-24-2016 01:28 PM
    For me...it's pretty incredible for the first week of having a new phone.
    I can agree with that. Going 630am to 11pm and not having to charge it is a big deal for me. That use includes facebook, other social media, games, and texting.
    08-24-2016 01:31 PM
    Not sure why the second pic didn't post...srry
    Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-144.jpg  
    08-24-2016 01:31 PM
    May be because everyone uses their phone differently, apps are different, network conditions are different.

Personally for me it's great but doesn't mean it'll be great for everyone.
    Almeuit likes this.
    08-24-2016 01:43 PM
    It's been 5 days with it and with my normal, moderate usage I can get through the day usually without charging. I've had a couple times I've been down to 30% relatively earlier than I would have expected, but that could have been because I've been using the hell out of it seeing what else I can do with it. But for the most part, I haven't really had to worry about charging at some point. If I do, it's just to get an extra 10-15% for added insurance while out

08-24-2016 02:40 PM
    So KNOX is in fact using the most battery of any app on my phone. I guess you can disable some of the processes from the list above that concern KNOX. Might be a good idea..

08-24-2016 02:49 PM

I figured when I signed into my Samsung account, it would remember all of the themes I downloaded previously on my Note5. Wrong! To top it off, the newer layout is so not user friendly, it's hard to even find them now. I only see top free and top paid and the usual featured ones. Where are ALL of the free themes??
    08-24-2016 03:08 PM
601 ... 89101112 ...