09-13-2016 05:44 PM
601 ... 1314151617 ...
tools

Gsam says I'm averaging 21-1/2 total and 6-1/2 sot. Won't complain about that ever
    08-29-2016 07:13 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...8e86715971.jpg

Gsam says I'm averaging 21-1/2 total and 6-1/2 sot. Won't complain about that ever
    I'm only averaging 5.5 to 6.25 sot
    08-29-2016 07:20 PM
    I'm only averaging 5.5 to 6.25 sot
    To be honest I'm not sure how youre getting such good results. I'm averaging 3.5-4 so far. You must be a light user....?
    08-29-2016 08:22 PM
    To be honest I'm not sure how youre getting such good results. I'm averaging 3.5-4 so far. You must be a light user....?
    Various things can affect battery life, carrier, apps, app settings, signal, etc.
    08-29-2016 08:50 PM
    Yesterday I got 6.5 hours SOT, today I got 4. Why? Because I was in a different town all day that struggled to get good signal. That was literally the only difference.
    08-29-2016 09:14 PM
    I am convinced the battery in the Note 7 needs a bit of conditioning. After a week of using it pretty much the same amount each day, my battery life seems to keep improving from day to day. I really had no complaints with the battery life to begin with. An example would be today. Pretty average use for me today and I am at 34% battery remaining (estimated 6 hours left) and it has been off the charger for over 14 hours. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I don't use the fast charge setting. Seeing as I just plug it in when I go to bed I don't really need it to be on.
    08-29-2016 09:17 PM
    I posted in another thread but this seems more appropriate. I'm new to Android and after light use for 10 hours I was at 15%. I'm not sure if these percentages are normal. I've only had the phone for 5 days and understand it takes some time to settle in, just looking for some context with these percentages. Thanks!
    08-29-2016 09:21 PM
    I am convinced the battery in the Note 7 needs a bit of conditioning. After a week of using it pretty much the same amount each day, my battery life seems to keep improving from day to day. I really had no complaints with the battery life to begin with. An example would be today. Pretty average use for me today and I am at 34% battery remaining (estimated 6 hours left) and it has been off the charger for over 14 hours. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I don't use the fast charge setting. Seeing as I just plug it in when I go to bed I don't really need it to be on.
    Good point. I wonder if FC makes a difference on the time your battery last? What I heard though is that using it will damage your battery faster in the long run...
    08-29-2016 10:20 PM
    I genuinely believe using the quick charger did so with the previous generation devices. Hopefully they've improved the tech.
    08-29-2016 10:27 PM
    Definitely not a light user. I love this phone so I'm always on it. I did a factory reset and didnt restore from back up. Added all my apps one at a time. The only thing i restored was my contacts... Since then thats the kinda battery life I've been getting.
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-30-2016 03:39 AM
    I think the battery is really good I get 5 hours at minimum and that's with 4g and stuff on and I am enjoying it alot so far
    08-30-2016 04:56 AM
    I'm not sure, but this amount is so low that it really doesn't matter. At .05% per hour, it would take 20 hours for FB to lower your battery by just 1%. I really don't think it's worrying about, but that is just me :-)
    I'm not necessarily concerned about battery usage for FB but rather the annoying notification icon next to the FB app icon. I don't know why it does this when I have done everything to turn off al notifications. And it never did it on my iPhone.
    08-30-2016 05:24 AM
    Interesting how some folks get double the SOT... Never realized background usage could drain so much battery life.
    08-30-2016 06:26 AM
    I use the Facbook app on my Note 4, and I am not having any of these battery / RAM issues. Maybe Facebook app devs need to make some changes in their code to suit the updated OS / software configuration on the latest phones.
    08-30-2016 07:29 AM
    Definitely not a light user. I love this phone so I'm always on it. I did a factory reset and didnt restore from back up. Added all my apps one at a time. The only thing i restored was my contacts... Since then thats the kinda battery life I've been getting.
    I don't understand how it's possible that you get double my Sot time it makes no sense!! I too have it set like a new phone. So I must have something in the background that kills me. Can I ask you a favor? Can you send us a screenshot when your battery is fully discharged of your usage with Sot as well? But please don't use that third party app but rather the native Samsung battery monitors in the settings.. Since that's what we all use here, we can make a fair comparison. Thanks!
    08-30-2016 09:09 AM
    I don't understand how it's possible that you get double my Sot time it makes no sense!! I too have it set like a new phone. So I must have something in the background that kills me. Can I ask you a favor? Can you send us a screenshot when your battery is fully discharged of your usage with Sot as well? But please don't use that third party app but rather the native Samsung battery monitors in the settings.. Since that's what we all use here, we can make a fair comparison. Thanks!
    The biggest thing people seem to forget about battery life is how cell signal affects it. I can set up 3 phones identical on 3 different carriers and lay them all on the same table. Each phone will have different battery life dependent on signal. It is the largest factor and until people can document their signal throughout the battery cycle its going to be very difficult to compare accurately.
    08-30-2016 09:18 AM
    The biggest thing people seem to forget about battery life is how cell signal affects it. I can set up 3 phones identical on 3 different carriers and lay them all on the same table. Each phone will have different battery life dependent on signal. It is the largest factor and until people can document their signal throughout the battery cycle its going to be very difficult to compare accurately.

LTE in weak signal areas drains more battery than a display on 100% brightness. It is the number ONE weighted battery life variable.

It would be good if device makers added threshold options for dB signal. If down to a certain level, the data radio powers down. You can still text and get calls and would save a LOT of battery life without having to manually turn radios off and on in weak areas.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-30-2016 09:21 AM
    I am on Verizon and I am getting trouble free battery life for a day easy.

I am coming from the GS6E, I did not like that phones UI very much. I dropped it in the pool by accident so that was the end of that, good riddens. I did not think I would return to Samsung but I had to go for the waterproof feature cause I am around the pool a lot. I am glad I did, this phones UI is a big improvement for me over my GS6E.
    08-30-2016 09:23 AM
    This is exactly the point I wanted to make when I posted a few posts back. A couple of days ago I had 6.5 hours screen on time and then the day after with the exact same setup, same phone, I had 4 hours screen on time. There was one key difference. I was in a different town that had much worse cellular signal.

The strength of your cellular connection will have the greatest impact on battery life than pretty much anything else.
    08-30-2016 09:23 AM
    The LTE signal factor is also why (no offense to anyone intended) people comparing battery life with each other has little value other than for entertainment. That does not even count all the other variables that have less weight, but add up.
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-30-2016 09:26 AM
    I don't and never will use my phone for games/music and all that other crap. Talk/Text/Social Media and Research. After two days, finally time to go on the charger.
    Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-1618.jpg  
    08-30-2016 09:28 AM
    Again
    Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-1619.jpg  
    08-30-2016 09:29 AM
    Bad signal, and even something that doesn't seem bad signal because you can still make calls fine, will eat a battery very quickly.
    08-30-2016 09:36 AM
    Again
    Well based on what I am seeing you went 2 days and some but only 3.75 SOT. What that tells me is that you're using phone as you say but only looking at it occasionally.

I consider myself a heavy user and I don't play games listen to music watch movies or videos either. I am almost exactly like you.

I can get 4.5 sometimes 5 hours of SOT (I do a lot of email and texting) within a 11-12 hour period of time.

To me that's excellent considering what I am doing with it daily.
    08-30-2016 09:57 AM
    So for the first week of use, I didn't have any of the battery saving modes on and got an average expected SOT (calculated SOT as if used till the battery was fully depleted) of 5.4 hours (the first two days I'm not counting because I didn't even have a SIM card in the phone, just setting up on wifi). This screen shot is showing the actual daily SOTs though. I'm using the mid battery saving mode this week, but just changed the screen resolution to 1080, no CPU performance changes...
    Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-5319.jpg  
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-30-2016 10:17 AM
601 ... 1314151617 ...