09-13-2016 05:44 PM
601 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    This is mine today. I woke up at 8am and have been on it pretty much all day so far it's 1:30 ish for me. I'm on Sprint (cdma) SD 820

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...1eee7097ae.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...fe34045633.jpg
    Looks like a dream. But I see in the status bar that you have a power saving mode on???
    08-31-2016 01:11 PM
    This is me yesterday.. A little disappointed.

The Note 7 Battery life Thread-1472667204278.jpgThe Note 7 Battery life Thread-1472667210092.jpgThe Note 7 Battery life Thread-1472667215682.jpg
    08-31-2016 01:13 PM
    This thread is big, so i dodnt get a chance to read every post, but does anyone happen to know if keeping the Auto dimming setting turned ON, eats st the battery faster or as opposed to just keeping that setting turned off, and keeping the screen at less than 50% brightness?
    08-31-2016 02:23 PM
    This thread is big, so i dodnt get a chance to read every post, but does anyone happen to know if keeping the Auto dimming setting turned ON, eats st the battery faster or as opposed to just keeping that setting turned off, and keeping the screen at less than 50% brightness?
    Autobrightness will help the battery.
    Serkle K likes this.
    08-31-2016 02:26 PM
    Autobrightness will help the battery.
    Autobrightness on or off, helps the battery?
    08-31-2016 02:30 PM
    Autobrightness on or off, helps the battery?
    On helps battery and the Note 5 autobrightness is very good, but the Note 7 is really supposed to be even better.
    Serkle K likes this.
    08-31-2016 02:35 PM
    Looks like a dream. But I see in the status bar that you have a power saving mode on???
    Yes, mid level.

08-31-2016 02:42 PM
    I turn mine all the way up and turn on autobrightness. That makes it get bright enough when I'm outside.
    Serkle K likes this.
    08-31-2016 02:43 PM
    I'm gonna do everything you said cause I've never managed to get more than 3,5 hours ever. Yours look like a dream.
    There are two things that attract my attention a lot.

1. Unplugging as soon as you hit 100%?are you sure this makes a lot of impact? I've hear that more modern phones don't have that kind of needs and manage themselves on their own. I would think it stops pulling juice when it hits 100 automatically

2. I used smart switched! Why do you think it makes a difference? It would be such a hassle to reset my phone to factory now and re do everything manually but if it makes my sot go from 3 to 6hrs, I'll gladly do it every morning!! Can I reinstall the exact same app though?!
    About the unplugging thing... I don't know if it makes a difference but I know that all of the phones I've had, I kept plugged in all night and partially during the day when I was using them because the battery just seemed to get worse and worse over time. I was determined this phone would be different and so far so good.

The Smart switch thing... I've never used it before, I've always manually set up my phones, good reason to house clean those apps that I just don't use that often or are outdated. Some people have done the FDR and manual set up and have improved SoT, so I don't know but I thought I'd mention it.

I also have the mid level power saving switched on, but I allow background data to continue. To my old eyes I see no difference in the resolution or the snapiness of the phone.
    Steven Hadjez1 likes this.
    08-31-2016 03:01 PM
    Before it gets buried behind the tons of other posts, have somebody tried or will try this? What I posted earlier on post #422

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5381610
    08-31-2016 03:14 PM
    Has anyone else around here tried to reset their phone after using smart switch and did it make a difference ??? I'm on my 3rd day and my phone battery will not give me more than 3,5 hrs sot or last more than 10 hours without plugging it. It's starting to really worry me that I can't even finish the day ....

I haven't even dared yet to turn my Bluetooth...
    08-31-2016 03:49 PM
    Has anyone else around here tried to reset their phone after using smart switch and did it make a difference ??? I'm on my 3rd day and my phone battery will not give me more than 3,5 hrs sot or last more than 10 hours without plugging it. It's starting to really worry me that I can't even finish the day ....

In one of your screenshots that you posted earlier I noticed you had location (GPS) on, so have you tried changing that to Power saving mode (wifi and data only) and just switch to High accuracy only when needed pinpoint accuracy? Also, did you turn off the Google Location Services, the combo ON can be very bad for battery life and the graphic I saw from your battery depletion clearly shows a constant and faster than normal depletion. Also, can you try with Wifi off like I posted above? I mean, if it's possible and your data plan will allow it.
    08-31-2016 05:08 PM

I received my phone on the 18th and had random issues with Android system killing the battery so I took the plunge and did FDR 2 days ago. Seemed to work quite well. Then this morning Android system reared its ugly head again. Fortunately I caught it, was able to see that beaming service was the culprit, disabled it, and the rest of the day haven't had an issue.

So I'd like to believe the hours I spent with the FDR were worth it but now I'm not sure. I'm glad I did it just to know I started fresh but it certainly didn't prevent things from going sideways again. Maybe the chances of it happening have been reduced though.
    08-31-2016 05:33 PM
    Hey man, thanks a lot for taking the time to help. I can definitely turn off my wifi all day since I'm on an unlimited plan ! I will do the test tomorrow to see the results after I got my phone fully charged.

Regarding all the location services, would it be ok if I simple bring down my quick settings menu and completely turn off Location ? At least during the test tomorrow? Or is it important that I go in the settings and manually do everything you say above ?

what I'm thinking is to do a full test tomorrow with both wifi and location turned off from the quick settings, and see the impact ..,,,
    08-31-2016 05:37 PM
    Sorry, newbie here. What is the beaming service ? I'd like to check if mine is on but I don't know where to look hehehe!!
    08-31-2016 05:38 PM
    Sorry, newbie here. What is the beaming service ? I'd like to check if mine is on but I don't know where to look hehehe!!
    It's a system service so you can't disable unless you have something like package disabler pro.
    08-31-2016 05:48 PM
    In one of your screenshots that you posted earlier I noticed you had location (GPS) on, so have you tried changing that to Power saving mode (wifi and data only) and just switch to High accuracy only when needed pinpoint accuracy? Also, did you turn off the Google Location Services, the combo ON can be very bad for battery life and the graphic I saw from your battery depletion clearly shows a constant and faster than normal depletion. Also, can you try with Wifi off like I posted above? I mean, if it's possible and your data plan will allow it.
    Hey man, thanks a lot for taking the time to help. I can definitely turn off my wifi all day since I'm on an unlimited plan ! I will do the test tomorrow to see the results after I got my phone fully charged.

Regarding all the location services, would it be ok if I simple bring down my quick settings menu and completely turn off Location ? At least during the test tomorrow? Or is it important that I go in the settings and manually do everything you say above ?

what I'm thinking is to do a full test tomorrow with both wifi and location turned off from the quick settings, and see the impact ..,,,
    08-31-2016 06:01 PM

If you need location on then leave it on, what I'm saying is that sometimes (or really, most of the time) you don't need the High Accuracy on, for most of the location services, with having the power saving mode on is enough, like I said, I just turn High accuracy on when I'm using Google Maps or any other app that requires my exact location, although I can't think of another one right now.

I'd say, just leave the Location on power saving mode, be sure to turn off Google Location services, unless you are sure that you need to send Google your location all the time, and turn wifi off to test. But feel free to do it as you need or want, just be sure of what you are doing and the wY you are doing it so you have the most information you may have so you can pinpoint your issue.
    08-31-2016 07:39 PM
    Well I don't even need to leave it on I think. The only inly time I need to use location is when I use google apps or when I use S health to track my runs. So in order to make the perfect test and see the impact it has on my Battery I'll simply keep the location completely off all the time. Only when I use one of those two ill punctually turn it on. It takes a second from the quick settings menu and it'll be automatically set to high accuracy !

I'll report tomorrow at the end of the day to see if that and having my wifi off helped with the battery. Ideally, I want to get closer to the 5 hrs of sot like all of your and 13-14 hours total. That's my dream goal ..... Thanks for the help everyone.
    08-31-2016 10:14 PM
    3rd day with phone since i set it up, 50% in 24 hours.

looks like 2 day easy.
    08-31-2016 10:34 PM
    I dunno what it is but once it gets to 22% the battery just trickles and takes forever to discharge

08-31-2016 10:52 PM
    Learning lots of cool power savings ideas !
    09-01-2016 06:48 AM
    I'll simply keep the location completely off all the time. Only when I use one of those two ill punctually turn it on. It takes a second from the quick settings menu and it'll be automatically set to high accuracy !
    That's the spirit, but you will find a lot of people here that will tell you that by doing this is somehow diminishing the phone, that they shouldn't be doing that, that is a smartphone and they should leave EVERYTHING on all the time, YADA, YADA. So I just got tired of the same posts and people and just stopped giving those hints and not just for Location, I do the same for Bluetooh, NFC and Wifi Calling, that's what Quick toggles are for, it takes a second to turn them on and off, so why waste resources having all that on all the time?

One more thing that I really don't know if I have mentioned to you before, in location Settings, turn off Wifi and Bluetooth Scanning, both on by default and both equally battery drainers.

For people that keep insisting on comparing Battery life with any iPhone, people, for the last time, when iPhone has ALL the things that come on by default on Android and let run all kind of background processes like on Android then we can compare apples to apples, so only thing we Android users that want the best battery life possible can do is to be proactive and learn about all the things that cause big drains in our batteries and leave just the ones we are going to use, otherwise, the battery life will NEVER be the same than on the iPhones.

I have 3 or 4 co-workers that only use iPhones, and I have made bets with them that my phones last longer than theirs on a normal and comparable daily usage and so far I haven't lost one yet, and I'm always rocking a bigger Quad HD screen Vs theirs 720p 4.7" and 1080p 5.5" screens. My standby is awesome so that's the key and I have never used any kind of Power Saving Mode.
    09-01-2016 08:28 AM
    I'm surprised with the battery life I'm getting for this phone. As long as I get a full days worth without having to charge once I'm good. I'm not a heavy user when I'm at work. Almost 13 hours and I'm still sitting at 46%. I have Bluetooth on all day and that usually drains battery pretty quick from past experience with android phones. I'm an IPhone user switched to android. So I am pretty happy with this phone so far as far as battery life. That's my two cents.
    09-01-2016 08:59 AM
    Yeah it could drain more, but no one seems to think it would drain twice as much, like it was an individual phone.
    I think I solved the trick of weak signal. Someone suggested this previous.

I just put my phone on airplane mode and then turned wifi on. I have wifi calling and it also excepts text messages so why have phone searching for signal in a weak area when it's not needed doing this?

So I looked when i was home for 1/2 day yesterday and sure enough standby which is generally higher for me was about half what it was.

I think that's going to be the trick for me when I'm home. Airplane mode with wifi on.
    jdfry15 and Kelly Kearns like this.
    09-01-2016 08:59 AM
601 ... 1617181920 ...